Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14401 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2022, 11:31:56 AM »
I like it...if I were to rate it probably somewhere in the middle of his discography

can't believe though there are some people who still think that Doggystyle was Snoops only good album...I guess they are only casual fans

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »
I'm confused. Is the only place to buy and download the album iTunes/Apple Music?  Because I fucking hate Apple.  I'd like get it off Amazon, like I do with all my digital music.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Finally found it on Amazon.  For some reason, it won't appear when you search for Snoop or BODR.  I had to accidentally find one of the songs, click that, and then click the "From the album BODR."

So Amazon is better than Itunes? ::) if i honestly think about it, amazon is the worse club

h2k4

« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2022, 12:02:02 PM »
I like it...if I were to rate it probably somewhere in the middle of his discography

can't believe though there are some people who still think that Doggystyle was Snoops only good album...I guess they are only casual fans

I haven't heard anyone say it's his only good album but Snoop and Co. set the bar so high with Doggystyle that everything that he has dropped since will never compare. He has flashes of brilliance in most of his albums though. Just nothing like Doggystyle had.

h2k4

« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2022, 12:04:05 PM »
Looks like Snoop wants to change the logo

https://instagram.com/stories/snoopdogg/2772714057551560292?utm_medium=copy_link

He has a chain with this logo as well. It's an absolutely garbage logo and would be a trash decision if he really does change it. Then again, it's Snoop so of course he is going to make it about himself instead of re-establishing the proper legacy of DR.

Okka

« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2022, 02:16:10 PM »
This is a lil' bit off topic, but it looks like Snoop's bodyguard became the president of Death Row. Ain't that some shit?

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2022, 02:54:08 PM »
What does he mean no longer makes good music, his new album has finished #1 in several countries within two days, it will be one of his most successful albums if it goes on like this and the majority like it

Don’t stress yourself over it.

It’s a good album for me, haven’t stopped bumping it in my car since Friday.

Like how he spits throughout the album.

The 2 Soopafly contributions went straight into my main playlist, love Hitboy & Battlecat contributions.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2022, 02:58:48 PM »

It’s very strange statement, like people didn’t listen to Tha Last Meal, Top Dogg or Blue Carpet Treatment
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2022, 04:10:00 PM »

It’s because Doggystyle was such an iconic album. It’s unfair to compare anything after it to that album. But after about 4 spins I am loving this album. Has a nice mix of the modern west coast sound with hints of the 90’s death row sound. The song with Game is banging!!!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #413 on: February 13, 2022, 04:14:50 PM »
It’s very strange statement, like people didn’t listen to Tha Last Meal, Top Dogg or Blue Carpet Treatment

Doggystyle is a Hip-hop Masterpiece while Last Meal, Top Dogg and Blue Carpet Treatment are West Coast Classics.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2022, 05:41:02 PM »
I'm confused. Is the only place to buy and download the album iTunes/Apple Music?  Because I fucking hate Apple.  I'd like get it off Amazon, like I do with all my digital music.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Finally found it on Amazon.  For some reason, it won't appear when you search for Snoop or BODR.  I had to accidentally find one of the songs, click that, and then click the "From the album BODR."

Can't believe Amazon is selling it in mp3 - it's a dead format for a reason.

Hellquist

« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »
I like all of Snoop's albums, but BODR is his best work in YEARS. Every song is good. Just press play and let it run. The production is insane. I love Hit Boy's work with Nas' last three albums and his production style fits Snoop like a glove. Battlecat still coming with the heat. Snoop sounds motivated. He came correct with this album. He really is back. Fantastic work. If you have doubts about listening to this album, don't. No filler at all. I am going to be playing this album a lot.

Sccit

« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2022, 09:14:01 PM »
i wouldn’t say no filler

about 2-3 filler joints if we keepin it a buck

before the tracklist leaked, i kinda expected an album fulla tracks like doggystylin, house i built, and outside the box .. that woulda been classic off top. but snoop still ain’t got that overseer, which is why we’ll continue gettin mixed bags. dope album nonetheless.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2022, 09:27:21 PM »

I'll admit I'm one of those people, if I'm talking to friends, I'll tell them Snoop has one album you really need, that being Doggystyle. It was cohesive, inspired, the whole thing. Probably didn't hurt being produced by one person.

Now if I'm honest, my Snoop collection also includes Tha Doggfather, No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal and That Blue Carpet Treatment. But while those albums all have some very, very high points, none of the them kicks from beginning to end like Doggystyle. And I'll admit after Blue Carpet, I kinda wish he quit, just as far as having a kick ass, very respectable discography. He now has how many albums? Nineteen? That's nuts.

But if he honestly feels compelled to make new shit, good on him. I'd never tell an artist to stop creating. But if he's just making stuff to make stuff, then that's another topic.

Sccit

« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2022, 09:28:23 PM »
I'll admit I'm one of those people, if I'm talking to friends, I'll tell them Snoop has one album you really need, that being Doggystyle. It was cohesive, inspired, the whole thing. Probably didn't hurt being produced by one person.

Now if I'm honest, my Snoop collection also includes Tha Doggfather, No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal and That Blue Carpet Treatment. But while those albums all have some very, very high points, none of the them kicks from beginning to end like Doggystyle. And I'll admit after Blue Carpet, I kinda wish he quit, just as far as having a kick ass, very respectable discography. He now has how many albums? Nineteen? That's nuts.

But if he honestly feels compelled to make new shit, good on him. I'd never tell an artist to stop creating. But if he's just making stuff to make stuff, then that's another topic.

snoop has hella dope shit post bct

Okka

« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2022, 12:07:43 AM »
Doggystyle is a Hip-hop Masterpiece while Last Meal, Top Dogg and Blue Carpet Treatment are West Coast Classics.

There's a lot of legendary rappers who don't have that one masterpiece though.