Author Topic: Updated: My Video Review of Daz RRGB Uploaded to Youtube  (Read 836 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Updated: My Video Review of Daz RRGB Uploaded to Youtube
« on: June 03, 2022, 05:07:34 AM »
UPDATED AUGUST 3rd, 2022:  I added text so that the viewer can follow along chronologically with the events leading up to the album, and then provided the tracklist to follow along with the track by track review. 

I was up to 200 views, but had to edit and re-upload.  Youtube doesn't let you keep the same link and comments so please view again if you haven't seen before. 

----------

30-45 min deep dive into Daz RRGB because I keep asking for it like with the Bomb 1st Reggie Wright interviews I love them and they will talk about Too Gangsta for Radio and all these shitty projects that came after Death Row imploded but never a proper look at what was the last great and final stand of Death Row.

So I say fucc it I’m gonna do my own even though I’m not tech savvy and put it on YouTube maybe it will get a few views but I have a lot of knowledge and background info and shit to say about the album so I’m gonna go into a full review track by track and also all the news and info that surrounded it and post it here.  A little project for me hopefully get it done this week if I’m not lazy.

If it comes out halfway decent then the other album I’m always fascinated with and have wealth of shit to say about it is of course Dre’s Aftermath Presents so I need to do something on that as well
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:59:47 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Dee Tha AK

Good Idea

Top Track

Do The Aftermath Compilation

Sccit

it might sound crazy remix > og

HighEyeCue

it might sound crazy remix > og

the only thing I never understood is why a clean version was only made

but Battlecats remix definitely >

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Okka

Good Idea

Top Track

You should link the songs from the official artist channels.

Proc pka KP

It be that way sometimes. In never had a serious relationship otherwise he'd know.

Proc pka KP

All jokes aside. Daz is curious what you come up with. He's interested in a listening party for this and raw but you buy the drinks.

HighEyeCue

Good Idea

Top Track

Daz took a few tracks that were intended for "WestCoast Aftershock" and put them on here

and "O.G." was originally a Snoop joint but I prefer the Daz version

this was also a top track 8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Daz took a few tracks that were intended for "WestCoast Aftershock" and put them on here

and "O.G." was originally a Snoop joint but I prefer the Daz version

this was also a top track 8)

That “Initiated” joint still gets play at clubs around the world.  That’s really the one joint that will live on forever from that album—because obviously it was a Pac joint but not only that it wasn’t a leftover—that track would have likely came out even if Pac had stayed alive it would have been on someone’s album.

Having a Pac feature in those days was supposed to be good for like 50-100,000 sales and that’s another thing I want to talk about is how Daz album only sold 300,000 and how is that possible?  Not even gold?  And it had the perfect lead single, it had the Pac feature, it had a Snoop feature, Nate hook… and not leftovers but solid cuts from the prime Death Row era
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

That “Initiated” joint still gets play at clubs around the world.  That’s really the one joint that will live on forever from that album—because obviously it was a Pac joint but not only that it wasn’t a leftover—that track would have likely came out even if Pac had stayed alive it would have been on someone’s album.

Having a Pac feature in those days was supposed to be good for like 50-100,000 sales and that’s another thing I want to talk about is how Daz album only sold 300,000 and how is that possible?  Not even gold?  And it had the perfect lead single, it had the Pac feature, it had a Snoop feature, Nate hook… and not leftovers but solid cuts from the prime Death Row era

yeah it underperformed commercially for sure :-\

in '97-98 you had the emergence of Bad Boy and No Limit which were dominating the charts and Death Row had faded...had Death Row been more stable at that time no doubt it would have gotten the sales it deserved

Sccit

daz is producing and rapping on a song for my solo debut

#classix

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

the album wasn’t marketed or promoted

that’s what sales come down to

gota push it to the djs, radio stations, video channels, magazines etc

there was a minimal effort put forth from the promotional team because death row was kind of crumbling at this point in time

Al Bundy

"In California" had a lot of radio play here in southern california. besides that, not much promo.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

kuruptlon

I think Napolean said in a recent interview (Art Of Dialogue maybe?) that they were talking about doing a Thug Pound album and that was the first song they did for it. Obviously the project probably never got any further than that, but would have been cool to see.

Proc pka KP

daz is producing and rapping on a song for my solo debut

#classix

I'm calling bullshit on that.