Author Topic: 213 & the Neptunes :)  (Read 973 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re:213 & the Neptunes :)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2003, 10:14:17 AM »
man i was thinking about this the other day..........and it would be stupid to have warren produce the whole thing, i mean warren is dope and all but i would rather take like the best 8 or 10 warren produced songs and there and leave out the ones that didn't turn out that great.  cause warrens beats could be on piont but that doesn't mean the song will be good.  so now you got 8 warren tracks lets say fred wreck comes in and gives them 2 or 3 tight ass westcoast tracks thats 11, then battlecat gives them a beat like dodo remix thats 12, dre hops in like he is supposed to hooks up 2 now we got 14. jelly roll can make tight ass westcoast beats two yall not all his shit is so futuistic like "you got what i want" so he hooks up a beat now you got at least 15 hot ass westcoast tracks.  if the neptunes do a beat it might even fit in with the albums flow anyway so give it a chance don't always look at the name in the credits and diss it before you hear the song

p.s. i hope run up on u is on there

true said!! and since Warren G didnt produce "Run Up On You" what would you say if it was a Neptunes beat

nope it was Tha Chill ;)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2003, 10:17:11 AM »
man i was thinking about this the other day..........and it would be stupid to have warren produce the whole thing, i mean warren is dope and all but i would rather take like the best 8 or 10 warren produced songs and there and leave out the ones that didn't turn out that great.  cause warrens beats could be on piont but that doesn't mean the song will be good.  so now you got 8 warren tracks lets say fred wreck comes in and gives them 2 or 3 tight ass westcoast tracks thats 11, then battlecat gives them a beat like dodo remix thats 12, dre hops in like he is supposed to hooks up 2 now we got 14. jelly roll can make tight ass westcoast beats two yall not all his shit is so futuistic like "you got what i want" so he hooks up a beat now you got at least 15 hot ass westcoast tracks.  if the neptunes do a beat it might even fit in with the albums flow anyway so give it a chance don't always look at the name in the credits and diss it before you hear the song

p.s. i hope run up on u is on there

true said!! and since Warren G didnt produce "Run Up On You" what would you say if it was a Neptunes beat

nope it was Tha Chill ;)

Nice!!!!! thanks for answering 8) 8) ...See dont be mad if Snoop got Neptunes on there ...he even got Tha Chill wich is tight to me

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2003, 10:17:56 AM »

nope it was Tha Chill ;)

oh shit chill came through on that shit!! nima do you know if they r planning on using that shit? and did chill produce more?
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2003, 10:23:42 AM »
Oh Shiiit!!! thats good news the current release Date is November!!! :o :o :o

gFuNkA

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2003, 10:33:07 AM »
if im not wrong tha chill will have a track or more on the 213 album. dunno what to say about neptunes and 213...this are sad news.

gFuNkA

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2003, 10:34:39 AM »
Don't know how the Snoop record is gonna come out with Puffy exec. producing it... It could get straight up fucked up, but I also have a feeling that Puff knows when it is that Snoop sounds his best and can make the album tight. We'll see...

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2003, 11:13:34 AM »
Don't know how the Snoop record is gonna come out with Puffy exec. producing it... It could get straight up fucked up, but I also have a feeling that Puff knows when it is that Snoop sounds his best and can make the album tight. We'll see...

it would be filled with the annoying background talking snoop and puffy like to put all over tracks.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2003, 11:34:23 AM »
how sad.  but is this really surprising to anyone?  We are talking about snoop dogg, I wouldn't be surprised if Tim McGraw were on there.

My predictions for 213:  Half of it will be bangin as fuck (the westcoast part of the album)
Half of it will be dissapointing as fuck (thanks to snoop and his wonderful choices of people to work with)

quik4life

• 'G'
  • I'd rather be dope than use it! - DJ Quik
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2003, 11:35:44 AM »
for a good 213 album, Warren G and DJ Quik should handle all production....

alright....for all you dre fans, he can have a couple too.....he's good on making those club bangers.....but the rest of the album should be chill, flowin beats that can only come from the brains of warren and quik....

personally, i hate the neptunes....and i hate how everyone thinks they have to work with them cause they're the 'best'.....i didn't think snoop, warren and nate would sink this low

az
One nuts, two nuts, three un four
Then I wake up in the morning and I bust two more
Cus that's the freak in me, and yes I'm very doggy
Playin with your coochie till it's nice and soggy
--DJ Quik--

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2003, 11:45:07 AM »
The Neptunes done made a brand of themselves... When DJ's and other media hear that a track is produced by the Neptunes, they'll endlessly feed it to the public. The public buys what's in their ear, that's how they stay on top. Like a couple of years ago the Neptunes' sound was something different and refreshing (just like Swizz Beatz when Ruff Ryders' Anthem came out). Everybody wanted to get a track from them and they got this hype about them going on... That's why I think everybody wanna work with them. Granted, they talented, Busta & Jigga made a good amount of good songs with them, but they still ain't for everybody. Like swimsuits. And the Neptunes definately aren't good with Snoop. He the only West Coast artist that fucked with them so far right? Others have understood to stay away...

PS. What up AcGrundy? Good to see you around. How ya livin'? 8)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 11:46:18 AM by T-Dizzog »

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2003, 11:50:48 AM »
He the only West Coast artist that fucked with them so far right? Others have understood to stay away...

Nope he aint the only one,and dont forget that Nate Dogg's voice shines on any types of beats

budsmokeronly

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2003, 11:52:45 AM »
PS. What up AcGrundy? Good to see you around. How ya livin'?  

What up T-Dogg, glad to see some people on this board still have a sense of good music.  I'm livin' like it's Thanksgivin'!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »
Nope he aint the only one,and dont forget that Nate Dogg's voice shines on any types of beats

Who else? ???

And we'll just have to wait & see about the Nate part. It would be a miracle if the Neptunes fucked that up though...

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2003, 12:10:32 PM »
if the neptunes give a beat like frontin, then i will be happy that shit is funky..............if they come with a beat like chuuch then i will be pissed.  

--think about it a beat like frontin with snoop flowin like he did on chuuch (forget the beat) and nate dogg on the hook, all warren has to do is a decent verse....it would be fuckin BANGIN!!
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2003, 12:14:32 PM »

Who else? ???

And we'll just have to wait & see about the Nate part. It would be a miracle if the Neptunes fucked that up though...

ice cube

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?