2 (6.1%)
Pistons in 5
1 (3%)
Pistons in 6
3 (9.1%)
Pistons in 7
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals  (Read 2528 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2004, 11:49:17 PM »
Hey man, Kobe always plays good defense, i am just saying in order to take over a game and become like jordan he has to do EVERYTHIng, whatever the team needs to win.  He has to stop chauncey from hitting that three in his face, stop rip from driving on him baseline.  But anyway, unlike you i do not live on here so ima get some sleep man.  I think next game will be a good one, and if the lakers win that one we have a brand new series that could go either way.......

as for the Pistons buying out the refs, you sounds like most other lakers fans i know right now----pathetic!  Come on man, dont stoop to that level , the lakers still have a chance, and if they lose its because detroit deserves to win, simple as that

detroit have now outplayed the lakers 14 out of 16 quarters (with the lakers obviously having edge in that overtime frame).....so it cant be the reffing.   I never thought the pistons could do this either, and i am going to lose 50 bucks, but i dont care cuz it is funny to watch the lakers lose, and lose like they are losing!!!!!!   good night, give your life a break and step away from the computer NIK      

Yea, Kobe has to do everything...None of the players have to do shit, ONLY KOBE! You sound smart man, there's no doubt about it...I dunno if you know what sarcasm is, but I don't really think Detroit bought out the refs...I just said that the way this series is being officiated, I wouldn't be surprised...Even YOU can't deny that...Now go to sleep, son.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2004, 12:09:36 AM »
Well... if the Lakers are gonna win it at this point, it's going to have to be in 7... so that's where my vote is going.  Funny thing is... nobody picked the Pistons in 5 and there's a pretty good chance for that to happen.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

JTSimon

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2004, 12:57:52 AM »
Ya, whoever said double teaming shaq is the reason why the Pistons are winning is on crack, they have not even been doubling all the time.  THey are letting shaq get his shots, and defending kobe like crazy.   And kobe cannot shoot over tayshaun's long ass arms......we all know Jordan at 25 woulda just jumped over him though.....

Game 3

Shaquille O'Neal only scored 14 points

Held down by Rasheed/Ben Wallace but if Shaq wants to slam dunk the ball what can you do?  ;D half his points were from dunks tonight.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2004, 03:07:17 AM »
shaq wont be as unbelieveable im game 5 as he was in game 4. he doesnt have as many days to chill between the games.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2004, 07:30:28 AM »
Time To Chime In.

If the lakers loose this series, i can help them with some problems. First of all fire malone. Right now hes only hurting the team because medvledenko is playing, and he cant guard for shit. Second lakers bench downright sucks. I meam basically every player on their bench cant do anything thats why lakers starters have to paly  so much. i feel bad for phil jackson because he has to resort to playing luke walton, brian cook, and brian russel. Lakers are in need of a serious upgrade.

with that said. i thought the lakers had it during the 1st half, but they just crumbled in the second half. Shaq barely got the ball and he was downright hot. payton stopped attacking the basket and being agressive, which could have really helped.

ahh yes kobe, the best player in the nba, who cant hit one shot. hes having serious problems. He got around 20 points, but he took hundreds of shots. Hes good but hes not very smart. You gotta know that when 3 pistons are in your face you dont shoot the ball. hes taking the worst shots ever, and it makes me cry. hes gotta start playing smart. hes gotta start attacking the basket, because hes actually good at that.

lakers could still win, but i dont think they will, because i dont think they'll up there game. i always vote for them, but theyve been dissapointing me so im just not gonna keep my hopes up.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2004, 11:06:36 AM »
i know its looking bad for the lakers, but, i still think they will win, but if detroit takes it, props to them, East hasnt took it in a while

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2004, 01:43:52 PM »
i said lakers in 6 well fuck it thats out the window but i still say lakers in 7......just think about it...really think about it.....lakers win the next one....the whole feeling will change......and game six will be crazy because it would be a must win for both teams....since LA is at home but for them its a must win.....for the pistons....its a must win because they dont want to go a game 7 in LA.......and i really dont think the pistons would take the lakers in a game 7 in LA at this point the most important thing in the world is experience......and out of the two teams LA has a HUGE advantage......and dont forget its in Los Angeles the pistons wont have the crowd to ride on.......but lets take shit one at a time.....lakers have to take the next one......the way i see it is if the pistons dont  finish them off in game 5 then they are in trouble......so what im saying is that if they pistons are going to win it i think it is going to have to be on tuesdays game 5 or they arent going to take it.......but thats just me talking.......but dont ever count the lakers out until its over.....remember if there is a team that can come back from 3-1 its the lakers i dont see any other team more capable of doing it.....lakers in 7!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 01:46:17 PM by E. J. Rizo »

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2004, 02:09:12 PM »
I feel sorry for teams like Minnesota and San Antonio that would actually contend and play like a championship team...

weren't you a laker fan? anyways who cares, ive seen plently of fakes like you

Lakers played horrible but I'm still not giving up, they still have a chance against detriot, all they need is one win and they got 2 in LA, Lakers can win 3 in a row in the playoffs, they won 4 in a row against last years champs.

what did I say that indicated I wasn't a Laker fan?  I just said they're playing like shit, doesn't mean I don't like them....I love the Lakers...but reality is they probably won't win 3 in a row...it could happen, I'm hoping it does....and I'm just saying, I think Minnesota or San Antonio would play with more heart than the Lakers are....so Please, think before you say something retarded

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »
Oh, and if the Lakers Win this next game and extend the series....They'll take both games in L.A....that is if Kobe stops forcing shots...and their offense starts to break down the Piston defense

Montana00

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2004, 02:20:43 PM »
lakers would have killed the pistons in the first half if they wouldnt have fouled them soo mcuh.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2004, 03:16:11 PM »
lakers would have killed the pistons in the first half if they wouldnt have fouled them soo mcuh.

And you don't think bad reffing had anything to do with that?...Plus, people act like they don't know Kobe...He was trying to find his rythym, but unfortunately, he never did...Kobe is known for always coming through at the end of the game, no matter how bad he did in the beginning...I'm not saying Detroit isn't playing better, cuz they are, but if you think that the games are being called fair, then boy, you must be blind...PeACe

Montana00

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2004, 03:24:11 PM »
im not blaming the game in anyway on the refs, but they did make some really really bad calls.

i remember i think it was during the 1st half. kobe finally attacks the basket....he runs straight up the middle and 3 pistons go at him. they literally hit every part of his body. he fell to the ground. they replayed it and none of the 3 pistons touched the ball they all hit his arm or his body.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »
Time To Chime In.

If the lakers loose this series, i can help them with some problems. First of all fire malone. Right now hes only hurting the team because medvledenko is playing, and he cant guard for shit. Second lakers bench downright sucks. I meam basically every player on their bench cant do anything thats why lakers starters have to paly  so much. i feel bad for phil jackson because he has to resort to playing luke walton, brian cook, and brian russel. Lakers are in need of a serious upgrade.

Lakers don't need an upgrade, they just need to heal...Malone, obviously, shouldn't be playing under the circumstances he's in...Fisher, Fox, and George are all playing hurt...Bryant looks like he's ready to have a nervous breakdown any second, so he's mentaly injured...Shaq plays good every other game, because that fatso gets too tired to play 2 good games in a row...Payton just sucks...Medvadenko is becoming a joke...Walton gets too much playing time (so he had one big game, that doesn't mean he needs to play 20 fuckin' minutes a game)...Kareem Rush has been doing his part, but only got 6 minutes last night...Bryon Russel hasn't played more than 3 seconds...Brian Cook should never even step foot on the court, unless the Lakers are up by 20, with 2 minutes to go in the game...Lakers are an excellent team, there's just always something going on...Too much drama...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2004, 03:29:03 PM »
im not blaming the game in anyway on the refs, but they did make some really really bad calls.

i remember i think it was during the 1st half. kobe finally attacks the basket....he runs straight up the middle and 3 pistons go at him. they literally hit every part of his body. he fell to the ground. they replayed it and none of the 3 pistons touched the ball they all hit his arm or his body.

Yea...That's obviously one of the MANY bad calls made...Just compare the freethrow attempts by both teams...And don't give me that "Pistons attack the basket more" bullshit, because Lakers attacked just as much, if not more. You can see that by looking at the shot-by-quarter sheet... ::)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2004, 06:27:42 PM »
lol. Who would've thought the Pistons would be 3-1up. Lakers take the next game & take the next 2 coz they're home games? lol. Don't bet yer life on it.........'member, the Pistons took 1 in LA. I think the Pistons will take the next game.