Author Topic: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now  (Read 829 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005, 07:21:14 AM »
hater!!!
thats good you think he is overated but guess what his bank account aint overated that muh fuckah is rakin aftermath and shady got it locked
another great example of a dickrider^

since when are you getting any of his money?
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2005, 07:32:53 AM »
some of daz beats r shit some r amazin its like that wit most producers but eminem beats sound the same and get so dull coz there the same beats over and over besides Luis Resto probably does most of tha work
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2005, 08:15:40 AM »
Hes overrated as a rapper and producer because hes white.

I'd actually say it's rather the opposite, unless we are talking about 13 year old girls now.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2005, 08:36:48 AM »

I'd actually say it's rather the opposite, unless we are talking about 13 year old girls now.

Well most of his fans are my age and mostly white females.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2005, 09:15:02 AM »

Well most of his fans are my age and mostly white females.

Yea.. but I only take people who actually know at least a little about rap-music into consideration.. and when it comes to these people, he's far from favored because of his skin.

You could argue that he sells insane numbers because he's white, but then we are at it again with those white girls that are your age.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2005, 09:50:38 AM »
everyone knows he woulnt be sellin half as much if he was black

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2005, 11:07:06 AM »

And every black artist that breaks 3 platinum wouldn't sell 1/3 of what they sold if they didn't appeal to whites. The is Eminem hbottom line as talent and an ability to sell. It's not just because he's white. If that were the case then Bubba Sparks would be 8 platinum. Vanilla Ice would have kept going after one album. Dilated would be known outside the hip hop underground. 3rd Bass would be as remembered as the Beasties. Well Bubba never went 8 platinum or anywhere close to it. Vanilla Ice was a one hit wonder. Dilated is unknown to the masses. And 3rd Bass is forgotten about. Explain why.

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2005, 11:18:34 AM »
he's an ok producer he has some good beats like Out On Bail, Warrior 2, Lose Yourself, Renegade, Cleaning Out My Closet, Average Man, Till I Collapse and some others
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:23:03 AM by Mr. Humonculous »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2005, 11:39:09 AM »
Eminem has 3 good beats, Don't Approach Me from Xzibit's album, Nas's Carrying the Cross and that 2pac/Biggie song with the sped up sample, I can't remember the name of it. Everything else he's done has been awful. That Xzibit track, I honestly think Dre was looking over his shoulder the whole time making sure he didn't fuck it up since that song actually sounds somewhat musical.

Lol at whoever said he's better than Daz or Battlecat. Yall got to be kidding me with that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »
His shyt sounds all the same to me and i think hes totally whack.

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2005, 06:55:44 PM »
Em is like another lil jon but I think lil jon still makes better records than Em

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2005, 04:49:59 PM »

And every black artist that breaks 3 platinum wouldn't sell 1/3 of what they sold if they didn't appeal to whites. The is Eminem hbottom line as talent and an ability to sell. It's not just because he's white. If that were the case then Bubba Sparks would be 8 platinum. Vanilla Ice would have kept going after one album. Dilated would be known outside the hip hop underground. 3rd Bass would be as remembered as the Beasties. Well Bubba never went 8 platinum or anywhere close to it. Vanilla Ice was a one hit wonder. Dilated is unknown to the masses. And 3rd Bass is forgotten about. Explain why.

lol u gotta get off ems nuts, i didnt say whiteboy aint got talent, what you readin?......i said he woudltn have even sold half if he was black.....its fact........dre probably would have never signed him and niggaz would be sayin "how come cats like eminem cant sell n 50 can?" but cuz he white........he sellin more than anyone.......he got talent no doubt.....but its cuz his white he sellin more than anyone......i could say loads of shit to explain how thats true but aint no point, anyone with half a brain knows....he got skills....

anyway imma bump coon picnic,haha

pz

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2005, 07:39:43 PM »

lol u gotta get off ems nuts, i didnt say whiteboy aint got talent, what you readin?......i said he woudltn have even sold half if he was black.....its fact........dre probably would have never signed him and niggaz would be sayin "how come cats like eminem cant sell n 50 can?" but cuz he white........he sellin more than anyone.......he got talent no doubt.....but its cuz his white he sellin more than anyone......i could say loads of shit to explain how thats true but aint no point, anyone with half a brain knows....he got skills....

anyway imma bump coon picnic,haha

pz

I agreed that his connection with white kids is why he sells. All I wanted to point out was that is the same reason Nelly, 50, and Jay Z in 98 sold records. They connected with white kids and broke 5 platinum. I only mentioned the other white acts because I wanted to show it was more than skill or colour that sells records. It's a connection with the group that buys the albums, and in the case of hip hop (and just about any other genre) it's white teenagers. Shaniah Twain is a notable exception. She's went diamond three times in a row now and her fan base consists more of older women.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2005, 12:16:55 AM »
i find it funny....no wait commical how people here say eminem is a horrible producer yet LOOOOOVE daz and battlecat. i ain't saying eminem is dr. dre or nothing but he's not even a fifth as bad as y'all make him out to be....some of y'all need to take up an instrument or a music class
dont compare eminem to daz ever again, you fucking clown.

dogg food and retaliation revenge and get back>eminems shitty repetitive same snare and bass beats

shit, rockwilder has the same repetitive style and even his production is better than eminem.

watch out this guy knows REAL music....rockwilder and daz dillinger,lol

dude c'mon i ain't saying em is the best but he's certainly ALOT better musically than some of y'all heros

lose yourself>daz/rockwilders' whole career
the ramblings of a defeated homosexual. this thread is about production, you blind dickrider.

^ a wise man once said "if you have to make personal attacks on someone during a disagreement or argument....you lost the argument"

i don't even really like eminem all that much BUT i'll definately give him my props.............when you learn to analyze music you learn to seperate personal bias from the observed quality, learn some musical theory then come back and talk shit about eminem's production style. Until then you're just as foolish as some one saying the beatles suck.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2005, 12:46:55 AM »
Don`t make a fool of yourself, you don`t got to have musical theory to know good music. The most important thing about music is melody. Without a good melody you don`t even have a fucking song! Allmost all Eminem melody`s sound the same. The same boring, messy, cheesy, depressed shit over and over again. That`s the main reason why he sucks. I could get into many other things like the drum programing, producing and executing the track, but it`s no point anyway becouse I honestly think people are deaf to his music, and in love with his image.
By the way Jake, I`m studying music-production at a multimedia school, so by your rules I can talk as much shit as I want about his production  ;D  8)