Author Topic: Since we see the Game's success, and we "know" he's not the best...  (Read 817 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Every since the Game came out, people mainly on this board have argued how there have been many better rappers than him who would blow up just as big if they had the chance to. Now we see that he actually is gonna be successful, due to various reasons, I want to ask y'all. Do you still think that anybody else from the west could have been THIS successful under the exact same circumstances and hype surrounding them that Game had aroudn him? I don't mean the shit about his gang affiliation or bein shot, but just as far as him part of the Iovine hype machine and havin the commercials, Dre production, TRL and Kimmel appearances and all that.

Personally, I think we all must admit that Game brought heat lyrically, and that he was not just an average rapper on dope ass beats. On the real, I don't think it is too many others that could have actually done as well on every single beat that he was on. Other than Crooked I, I don't think there are too many other west coasters that could rip every beat on there, because the production was very diverse. "Put you on the game" "Dreams" "Start from scratch" "Don't worry" "Church for thugs" shit I can go on and on about how different each beat was and how he still came correct on em. We can say that Dre is the reason he came like he did on these tracks, maybe because of him bein coached or whatever, but regardless, he killed em all. Aside from that, as much as I don't really like sayin it, all the negativity around him as far as street cred goes always sells. Even though there are the people in LA who swear he was this and that, and he was not from here and he got beat up there, overall, most people who don't know as much will see that he is real about his and that always sells.

So....how would you call it?

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
Re: Since we see the Game's success, and we "know" he's not the best...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 09:12:03 PM »
The opening is here once again now that games release is a certified hit. It's just a matter if the west is gonna follow and step through that. But people here need to be open minded and realize that there doesnt need to be Zapp samples in the songs for it to be westcoast. i really dont care what an artist sounds like or what he rhymes over as long as he has that westcoast mentality and reps it to the fullest, similar to game.

Hip hop works on different levels with the artists, including the heavy hitters which game can become and we have to support that. no, he is not ras kass or crook. but you have to realize that even though those guys are undoubtedly legendary spitters to us, the artists dearest to us may not be the ones that come out the box and jumpstart this. no matter how it develops, as long as the artists in the forefront have that westcoast mentality and are somewhat legit with their background we have to support in hopes for a future where these not so known artists like crooked i and roscoe can come up and reach the main consumer.

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »
I think game is hella talented, the nigga got lyrics.  But one thing that he was able to do, that I think allot of westcoast rappers would have struggled with was making that crossover to the eastcoast.  Game was also good at curtailin his flow on some songs for radio hits or crossover hits.  Crooked i is tight, but i think thats somethin he stuggles with at times.   And for all that hatin that was goin against the west, i think game was the perfect person to break us back in, u know, give em some west lil by little, until we back on top.  I dont think a nigga like C-BO or Jayo would be in the same position as game right now.  But now, a nigga like c-bo, or sly, or crooked, or daz, or any westcoast nigga thats stuggled, will be able to make moves a lil easier now.  Shit, now would be the time for a nigga like crooked to make some serious moves. 

And watch out for quikster, i have a feelin, if he drop within a month or 2, he could do some damage.  Im talkin some tonite damage.  And in the worse case, if game dont make it easier for the westcoast, then we right were we been at, no harm no foul.  But at least these mutfucka's was reminded about Compton, NWA, and just fuckin westcoast period.  But it doest seem likely, seein that Billboard was next after Game, and that nigga was straight westcoast gangasta period, east coast nothin.
IE

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:06:10 PM »
Every since the Game came out, people mainly on this board have argued how there have been many better rappers than him who would blow up just as big if they had the chance to. Now we see that he actually is gonna be successful, due to various reasons, I want to ask y'all. Do you still think that anybody else from the west could have been THIS successful under the exact same circumstances and hype surrounding them that Game had aroudn him? I don't mean the shit about his gang affiliation or bein shot, but just as far as him part of the Iovine hype machine and havin the commercials, Dre production, TRL and Kimmel appearances and all that.

Personally, I think we all must admit that Game brought heat lyrically, and that he was not just an average rapper on dope ass beats. On the real, I don't think it is too many others that could have actually done as well on every single beat that he was on. Other than Crooked I, I don't think there are too many other west coasters that could rip every beat on there, because the production was very diverse. "Put you on the game" "Dreams" "Start from scratch" "Don't worry" "Church for thugs" shit I can go on and on about how different each beat was and how he still came correct on em. We can say that Dre is the reason he came like he did on these tracks, maybe because of him bein coached or whatever, but regardless, he killed em all. Aside from that, as much as I don't really like sayin it, all the negativity around him as far as street cred goes always sells. Even though there are the people in LA who swear he was this and that, and he was not from here and he got beat up there, overall, most people who don't know as much will see that he is real about his and that always sells.

So....how would you call it?
On point.  Game is real dope and served those beats on "The Documentary".  Geat debut album and its great to see the westcoast in the spotlight regardless of whos doing it.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 10:07:20 PM »
I think game is hella talented, the nigga got lyrics.  But one thing that he was able to do, that I think allot of westcoast rappers would have struggled with was making that crossover to the eastcoast.  Game was also good at curtailin his flow on some songs for radio hits or crossover hits.  Crooked i is tight, but i think thats somethin he stuggles with at times.   And for all that hatin that was goin against the west, i think game was the perfect person to break us back in, u know, give em some west lil by little, until we back on top.  I dont think a nigga like C-BO or Jayo would be in the same position as game right now.  But now, a nigga like c-bo, or sly, or crooked, or daz, or any westcoast nigga thats stuggled, will be able to make moves a lil easier now.  Shit, now would be the time for a nigga like crooked to make some serious moves. 

And watch out for quikster, i have a feelin, if he drop within a month or 2, he could do some damage.  Im talkin some tonite damage.  And in the worse case, if game dont make it easier for the westcoast, then we right were we been at, no harm no foul.  But at least these mutfucka's was reminded about Compton, NWA, and just fuckin westcoast period.  But it doest seem likely, seein that Billboard was next after Game, and that nigga was straight westcoast gangasta period, east coast nothin.
IE

damn real talk.

yea, that crossover ability is vital. game is getting mega support in the tri-state area because of his ability to appeal to them as well as the westcoast

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 10:25:32 PM »
I think game is hella talented, the nigga got lyrics. But one thing that he was able to do, that I think allot of westcoast rappers would have struggled with was making that crossover to the eastcoast. Game was also good at curtailin his flow on some songs for radio hits or crossover hits. Crooked i is tight, but i think thats somethin he stuggles with at times. And for all that hatin that was goin against the west, i think game was the perfect person to break us back in, u know, give em some west lil by little, until we back on top. I dont think a nigga like C-BO or Jayo would be in the same position as game right now. But now, a nigga like c-bo, or sly, or crooked, or daz, or any westcoast nigga thats stuggled, will be able to make moves a lil easier now. Shit, now would be the time for a nigga like crooked to make some serious moves.

And watch out for quikster, i have a feelin, if he drop within a month or 2, he could do some damage. Im talkin some tonite damage. And in the worse case, if game dont make it easier for the westcoast, then we right were we been at, no harm no foul. But at least these mutfucka's was reminded about Compton, NWA, and just fuckin westcoast period. But it doest seem likely, seein that Billboard was next after Game, and that nigga was straight westcoast gangasta period, east coast nothin.
IE

i agree, at least someone's in tha spotlight for tha west right now...it's what we need right now in order to get tha attention back

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 10:29:32 PM »
Real talk.  The point is that the West is being repped and that's always good.  Listen to any track on The Documentary... there's no way you can listen to one of those tracks and still ask "Where's this fool from?"  Every track is solid!  I just finished watching 106 & Park and he had people from Brooklyn wearing black T's with "Compton" across the chest!  He's on stage with 50 and he's holding his own... and then you look at who's commanding the beat and it's none other than the legendary DJ Quik.  West up people!

Game just dropped a classic Westcoast album.  The beats are all over the place and he comes correct on all of them.  What matters is that the West is in the spotlight... PERIOD.

8)

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 11:07:34 PM »
now that Game has done it, other people need to step on up to the plate and keep the west in the spotlight
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 11:30:18 PM »
now that Game has done it, other people need to step on up to the plate and keep the west in the spotlight
word

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 03:16:51 AM »
Oh come on, Game didn't blow up because of no westcoast shit. He's having success because he sounds east, regardless of what he reps (in case he repped west, cause it's been proved he hollas more east than west in his cd) and mainly cause until track #6 I thought I was listening to a 50 cent record.

Forget about Dre, Game wouldn't be shit without 50.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 03:18:59 AM »
Well, to take Crooked I for instance...if he was down with Iovine & had as much promotion as Game had, I'm sure the same thing would've happened to Crook.
Most of these G-Unit fans don't really care about who the artist is...they just see that this or that rapper is signed to G-Unit/Aftermath, and they find him tight from the jump.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 03:43:10 AM »
Exactly what my friend Crafty said.

Crooked has so much respect within the industry, Russel Simmons said he was one of his favorite MC's. Given the push of INTERSCOPE / AFTERMATH, Crooked I would gain a whole new audience and get Main stream success. Because Death Row don't get radio play anymore, thats why Crooked I had no chance over there.

Crooked I has alot of love online, but offline only in the US. Its like here in England, those people who dont use the NET still dont know who The Game is.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 04:00:50 AM »
Only reading half of the origional post & the last crooked I ones, i gotta say 'prety much anyone with a little talent would have blowen up as Game did' if they had dre and a machine behind them.

MC's like Crooked I, Phil The Agony, Sly Boogie, most of them underground cats could do the same if dre & camp was producing & promoting them. Especially if they signed with fiddy cent maan - that must have been pure publicity stunt. all them eastcoast hip-pop listeners all love game now right?

Anyone with the right promotion can & will blow up. where do u think all these talentless pop princesses keep comin from. (not all of them are talentless, but there are the shiit singing pop artists & they were just in the right place at the right time).

-pz

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 04:33:10 AM »
Exactly what my friend Crafty said.

Crooked has so much respect within the industry, Russel Simmons said he was one of his favorite MC's. Given the push of INTERSCOPE / AFTERMATH, Crooked I would gain a whole new audience and get Main stream success. Because Death Row don't get radio play anymore, thats why Crooked I had no chance over there.

Crooked I has alot of love online, but offline only in the US. Its like here in England, those people who dont use the NET still dont know who The Game is.

that is exactly right. The Game is talented he has done a classic IN MY OPINION. evry1 is entitled to an opinion, but jus like Que said at the moment no one know who the game is his video is only startin to get played on The Box (british shit pop station) but with the right promotion anyone can achieve anythin jus stick an unknown rapper with dre or eminem and he is a platinum rapper over here! thats why i predict sat qou wil be huge over here as well
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 05:15:16 AM »
Danny, glad we agree :)

He dropped a Classic album, but I dont think GAME will reach 50 Cent / Eminem / Dre status, because his album doesnt have a stand out single.

Another thing I feel, in todays Rap Business, you need a HIT "Single", and one that will STICK in your mind. Just as Eminem did with "My Name Is", 50 Cent "In Da Club", Petey Pablo "Freak A Leak"...... all over MTV, 24 hours per day..... The Game's album lacks that song. I think.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.