Poll

The better album

The Chronic
17 (70.8%)
Illmatic
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: *Vote on the New Poll!!!*- The Chronic vs. Illmatic  (Read 919 times)

herpes

Re: Chronic vs. Illmatic?
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2006, 08:26:58 PM »

Im growing up and i need something with substance
LOL you should stop listening to Rap music if thats what your looking for.......Im doubting that a Nas album over a decade old now is going to bring subtance to your life in any way........But hey, to each his own man ;)
a tribe called quest
de la soul
common
masta ace...... all have substance and say something

illmatic has substance b/c it is one of the greatest lyrical showings off all time.  The songs talk about the struggle.  There are lines you rewind .  Thats substance right there.  The chronic is one giant album about how gangsta dre is with simple lyrics and hot beats

'EclipZe

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »
I love illmatic. it holds the number 1 spot for me between these two.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »

LOL you should stop listening to Rap music if thats what your looking for.......Im doubting that a Nas album over a decade old now is going to bring subtance to your life in any way........But hey, to each his own man ;)
a tribe called quest
de la soul
common

illmatic has substance b/c it is one of the greatest lyrical showings off all time.  The songs talk about the struggle.  There are lines you rewind .  Thats substance right there.  The chronic is one giant album about how gangsta dre is with simple lyrics and hot beats

personally i think if you talk about albums which speak of pain and struggle and so forth, Pac's "Me Against the World" is better than illmatic. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

suckaa free

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 10:49:48 PM »
Yo, im sorry everybody but i should have done this earlier.  i didnt know Illmatic would be mentioned this many times as a better album than the chronic.  I made a poll, so go vote.  but if you are too lazy to, dont trip.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: *Vote on the New Poll!!!*- The Chronic vs. Illmatic
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 03:29:22 AM »
They both are classicz but I like The Chronic more, top notch production and a showcase of new West Coast talent this album decided tha fate of West Coast muzik 4 tha yearz that followed upon itz release!

Oh yeah and it was also tha first release of a certain record label...

Illmatic was also dope ofcourse I really liked tha fact that tha album wasn't that long and that every song was tight I alwayz used 2 listen 2 it 2 timez a day but overall I'd go 4 The Chronic...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

herpes

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 05:23:14 AM »

a tribe called quest
de la soul
common

personally i think if you talk about albums which speak of pain and struggle and so forth, Pac's "Me Against the World" is better than illmatic. 

Me Against the World is #3 on all time albums list.... illmatic is number 1 tho

Diabolical

Re: *Vote on the New Poll!!!*- The Chronic vs. Illmatic
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 06:50:34 AM »
I can't decide.

I think Doggystyle is better than The Chronic anyway.

Im going to vote for Illmatic.