Poll

The better album

The Chronic
17 (70.8%)
Illmatic
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: *Vote on the New Poll!!!*- The Chronic vs. Illmatic  (Read 922 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re: Chronic vs. Illmatic?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 08:18:51 AM »
The reason more people bump "The Chronic" is because it's basically a party album; you can turn off your brain and just have fun.  "Illmatic" is conscious and intelligent.  So the logical conclusion is that the people who prefer "Illmatic" are smarter than the people who prefer "The Chronic".
so in that same conclusion "people that bump the chronic get more pussy than people that bump illmatic"

8)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 08:51:56 AM »
shit that is a hard one.......to me i only got into Hip-Hop in like 1998 so both these albums only got bought in like 2002......same time actually......

Illmatic

PROS:
the first time i listened to Illmatic i was WHOA!!! not one single song deemed skipable - from Genesis - It Aint Hard 2 Tell.....fuckin classic.....one of the first albums i was able to listen to and not skip anything.....New York Hip-Hop at its finest

CONS:
lets face it no one is going to be "getting down" to illmatic......the album has that same grimey feel throughout

The Chronic

PROS
The Chronic however seemed the more fun album.....songs that u can get down to (G Thnag) and songs with political ideals (they day the niggaz took over) .......it was a thoro album that covered all bases......West Coast Hip-Hop at its finest

CONS
the skits are very skipable (Doctors Office) for that reason you cant really leave this album blarin you'll always have to go back and skip....

To me this question is simply that age old question....East v West whos better???

for me - Illmatic 12 stars out 10, The Chronic 11 out of 10
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:53:55 AM by dobbies »

Eihtball

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »
The reason more people bump "The Chronic" is because it's basically a party album; you can turn off your brain and just have fun.  "Illmatic" is conscious and intelligent.  So the logical conclusion is that the people who prefer "Illmatic" are smarter than the people who prefer "The Chronic".
so in that same conclusion "people that bump the chronic get more pussy than people that bump illmatic"

8)

And more VDs'...and no long-term relationships.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »
This thread is a joke...

The Chronic  8)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 09:06:34 AM »

8)

and people who listen to songs like Laffy Taffy get even more pussy ::)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »

8)

And more VDs'...and no long-term relationships.
damn it i better get myself checked up!  :-X

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 09:12:36 AM »
2 of my top 3 albums easily . . .
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 09:15:05 AM »

8)

and people who listen to songs like Laffy Taffy get even more pussy ::)
and people who listen to songs like "Sesame street" are even Smarter!  ::)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 09:26:37 AM »
The reason more people bump "The Chronic" is because it's basically a party album; you can turn off your brain and just have fun. "Illmatic" is conscious and intelligent. So the logical conclusion is that the people who prefer "Illmatic" are smarter than the people who prefer "The Chronic".

I use my brain all day at work; damn right I wanna switch it off from time to time and listen to The Chronic.

For me, it ain't like Illmatic is super-complex that you need a metaphysics degree to appreciate it; it's just about being in the mood to listen to it, and that's about once or twice a year.

suckaa free

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 01:56:16 PM »
The reason more people bump "The Chronic" is because it's basically a party album; you can turn off your brain and just have fun. "Illmatic" is conscious and intelligent. So the logical conclusion is that the people who prefer "Illmatic" are smarter than the people who prefer "The Chronic".

I use my brain all day at work; damn right I wanna switch it off from time to time and listen to The Chronic.

For me, it ain't like Illmatic is super-complex that you need a metaphysics degree to appreciate it; it's just about being in the mood to listen to it, and that's about once or twice a year.

yea, you can only here illmatic a couple of times before you start getting tired of it.  cant never get tired of the  8) though.

herpes

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »

yea, you can only here illmatic a couple of times before you start getting tired of it.  cant never get tired of the  8) though.

i can listen to illmatic non stop.  Im ashamed to play the chronic now.  The whole album is about how they are these super gang bangers.  Im growing up and i need something with substance, something the chronic doesnt have.

PLANT

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »

Im growing up and i need something with substance
LOL you should stop listening to Rap music if thats what your looking for.......Im doubting that a Nas album over a decade old now is going to bring subtance to your life in any way........But hey, to each his own man ;)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »
I'd have to go with The Chronic for the simple fact I get more enjoyment out of listening to it than I do with Illmatic.

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
Illmatic is a dope album... BUT!!!! I don't remember any parties bumpin' it as much as The Chronic....

herpes

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 08:24:21 PM »
Illmatic is a dope album... BUT!!!! I don't remember any parties bumpin' it as much as The Chronic....

because illmatic isnt a party album and wasnt meant to be a party album