Author Topic: 50 cent xxl interview about the game/geffen/dre situation  (Read 1423 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 cent xxl interview about the game/geffen/dre situation
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:46:12 PM »
XXL: Let's talk about the Game situation.
50 Cent: Game is on Geffen. He's not on G-Unit or Aftermath anymore. It's all under Interscope still. He just has no participation from Dr. Dre or 50 Cent on his new project.

XXL: That whole Game thing is an interesting situation. Everybody's waiting to see how it plays out with his album.
50 Cent: I don't think it's going to be interesting. I think it's going to be what it was before I wrote his hits. That's the bottom line. I wrote six records for his album, three of them were his first three singles. Can he rap? Yeah. Is he a good songwriter? No.

XXL: Do you still make money off that?
50 Cent: Of course. You think I gave my money away? Me and Dre will still make the same money we would make off the project. It's just no longer on Aftermath or G-Unit.

XXL: But if he's not on your label, how do you make money?
50 Cent: Because Jimmy [Iovine] is the boss. Jimmy says this will stop the confusion, 'cause Dre isn't as vocal. The average person in the general public, they would think the differences between me and Game are cool with Dre, 'cause they didn't hear Dre say anything. And then you look at it like, Game's from the West.

XXL: Does Game know that Dre is not going to be on his album? I mean, the album's supposed to be called The Doctor's Advocate?
50 Cent: He front like the Doctor's Advocate because he tries to stay with Dr. Dre's association so he get the love on the West Coast. That's what he needs. I'll make more money off a Game record every time it comes out than he will. It doesn't bother me if he sells records. I don't believe he will. My morals say every dollar ain't a good dollar. I'm sure we'll never be friends.

suckaa free

Re: 50 cent xxl interview about the game/geffen/dre situation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:56:01 PM »
50 to Game =                    :poke:

Dre to Game=                    :-X

50 to Dre=                        :banana_dsf:

Dre to 50=                        :)

50 by himself=                    :banana_trippin:

Dre by himelf=                    :pimp:

Game by himself=                :-\

Future of Game/westcoast=  :-[

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:57:42 PM »
50 talking out his ass.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »
50 talking out his ass.

I would tend to agree with that

The Maestro

LBalls

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:29:37 PM »
Personally if Dre sold out Game like that...some ppl might hate me for this...if dre ain't on Game's new album cause of this...I will never cop dre's shit again in my life...Dre does more to fuck up the west Coast than he does nowadaays to support it...I mean...50 cent is a fuckin clown, and he is killing this shit.

BIGG UP SNOOP DOGG...A REAL MOTHAFUCKA!

DRE...I UNNO HOMIE...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »
Game > 50

AFTERMATHMATIC

• 'G'
  • AFTERMATHMATIC
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:47:06 PM »
don't believe the hype my niggas, just cuz game is on geffen, 50 is manipulating the situation to look a lot worse than it really is. the case is....dre still fucks with Game.

maybe 50 will have to keep his promise of not working with dre if dre collaborates and produces with game on his new album.

Jakubs

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:30:03 AM »
50 has got to be the biggest clown in the industry right now. He is a perfect example of someone that starts to believe their own lies after they hear them enough. There is now way that 50 is making money off Game's next album if he's no longer under the Aftermath/G Unit imprint. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. The funny thing is that 50's answers are hella short, almost like he's mad about his current situation, and worried about what the future holds. Dude lost the best artist in his camp, and he's finally beginning to see that now that the rest of G Unit isn't selling. Hell, not even Dre's backing could help Busta sell that well.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:43:21 AM »
why is it so hard to believe that 50's making money off game? Suge was still makin money off the albums Snoop released on No Limit, and Master P was was makin money off Snoop's album after he left No Limit along with Suge

believe it or not it happens in the music industry
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:55:46 AM »
I know 50 usually talks BS... but in this situation, I think he's right

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 02:39:07 AM »
This sounds sh!tty but for some reason i kinda believe wot 50's sayin' altho some of it is bullsh!t. Still coppin' games album and im almost positive that dre's producin on games album, i jus wudnt understand if dre was to f*ck game in the ass wen hes the future, not 50!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:44:23 AM »
Being on Geffen aint bad. Nellly Furtado is selling more than Busta plus look at Snoop. The whole Shady/Aftermath/GUnit is loosing their buzz.

The only bad thing for Game is no Dre beats.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 02:47:24 AM »
Game isn't very good anyways, good ridience.

ABN

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 02:48:50 AM »
we´ll see how this plays it out but i´m already sure that this upcoming album with be better then the Docuementary. can´t wait to hear the songs he´s done with Nas(they´ve done 3). of course it would be good with Dre beats but Geffen´s not as crowded as Interscope and if Mos Def has gotten 2 gold albums on Geffen then it shouldn´t be too hard for Game to move over 1 million.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:52:41 AM »
we´ll see how this plays it out but i´m already sure that this upcoming album with be better then the Docuementary. can´t wait to hear the songs he´s done with Nas(they´ve done 3). of course it would be good with Dre beats but Geffen´s not as crowded as Interscope and if Mos Def has gotten 2 gold albums on Geffen then it shouldn´t be too hard for Game to move over 1 million.

Yep Geffen is great these days probably even better then Aftermath. Only no Dre beats for Game.