Author Topic: 50 cent xxl interview about the game/geffen/dre situation  (Read 1426 times)

ABN

Re: 50 cent xxl interview about the game/geffen/dre situation
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 02:58:06 AM »
we´ll see how this plays it out but i´m already sure that this upcoming album with be better then the Docuementary. can´t wait to hear the songs he´s done with Nas(they´ve done 3). of course it would be good with Dre beats but Geffen´s not as crowded as Interscope and if Mos Def has gotten 2 gold albums on Geffen then it shouldn´t be too hard for Game to move over 1 million.

Yep Geffen is great these days probably even better then Aftermath. Only no Dre beats for Game.
i´ll wait until it comes out to see coz Dre´s been awfully quiet about the whole situation so who knows. coz we all know that Dre wouldn´t call 50 and ask him if it´s ok to work with Game just coz he´s on another label. but if he´s not on it then Game lost the greatest producer but there´s still 5 better beat makers out there but can´t nobody see Dre on the vocal coaching and shit. but i hope he got Timbo on this shit coz right now Tim´s shitting on Dre.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 03:13:55 AM »
One thing I dont get is why everyone thinks 50 made Dre do that. Game cause a lot of toruble since he joined Aftermath, like being in the video for Certified Gangsta altough Dre and 50 told him not to be in any videos before How We Do, being in the whole beef with 50 Cent, releasing diss mixtapes when he was told to STFU. Dre is a bussiness man and I can easilly see why he would have decided to drop Game.

ABN

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 03:17:45 AM »
^yea i can also see why he was dropped, but Dre´s still worked with certain artists after he dropped them so it´s not a huge stretch that he would work with Game. but i´m still looking forward to Game´s album coz from the people who´ve heard the album it sounds like it´s gonna be dope.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 04:52:27 AM »
50 to Game =                    :poke:

Dre to Game=                    :-X

50 to Dre=                        :banana_dsf:

Dre to 50=                        :)

50 by himself=                    :banana_trippin:

Dre by himelf=                    :pimp:

Game by himself=                :-\

Future of Game/westcoast=  :-[
lol

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 05:02:59 AM »
50 done got too big in the industry. He thinks he's runnin' shit. Watch how long he's runnin' shit when the groupies get tired of him.

But shit, that Dre/Game situation needs some fuckin' resolution, I dunno what the fuck's goin on anymore.

On a side note - put this 50 talk next to Snoop's interview with Nima and you see who's really trying to do business the right way.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 05:10:56 AM »

On a side note - put this 50 talk next to Snoop's interview with Nima and you see who's really trying to do business the right way.

and that is ?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 05:30:18 AM »

Fuck 50! Game went 4 times platinum what did the massacre do 5 million? I could be wrong so please correct me if im wrong. 50's sales will only get worse from here on out. I thin Games will get better....I love how people hate on Game so much. He dont need fuckin 50 cent anymore.

The Best of 3 Worlds

eNgIeS

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33:06 AM »
One thing I dont get is why everyone thinks 50 made Dre do that. Game cause a lot of toruble since he joined Aftermath, like being in the video for Certified Gangsta altough Dre and 50 told him not to be in any videos before How We Do, being in the whole beef with 50 Cent, releasing diss mixtapes when he was told to STFU. Dre is a bussiness man and I can easilly see why he would have decided to drop Game.

50 continued to talk crap, somehting you seem to avoid mentioning. If anyone restarted the beef after the press conference it was 50 in interviews & also in piggy bank video. Game retaliated, maybe went overboard with it, but was all in retailiation. Stop actin like Game started this shit for nothin, when it was the other way around

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »

50 continued to talk crap, somehting you seem to avoid mentioning. If anyone restarted the beef after the press conference it was 50 in interviews & also in piggy bank video. Game retaliated, maybe went overboard with it, but was all in retailiation. Stop actin like Game started this shit for nothin, when it was the other way around

Of couse 50 did it too. But 50 threw lil jabs while Game was releasing mixtapes full of disses. Piggy Bank came out after 300 Bars. 50 played it smart.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:56 AM »

Fuck 50! Game went 4 times platinum what did the massacre do 5 million? I could be wrong so please correct me if im wrong. 50's sales will only get worse from here on out. I thin Games will get better....I love how people hate on Game so much. He dont need fuckin 50 cent anymore.

Nah Game went 4 times platinum world wide. Game did 2 millions in USA and 50 did 5 millions.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 05:39:09 AM »
Okay^^^^ 4 times worldwide thats what i meant.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 06:00:25 AM »
This was in game's forum :

look at the www.comptongame.com website.
check the bottom right corner... that's right= there is GEFFEN RECORDS LOGO, not MATH.

The situation:
THE GAME WAS STILL CURRENTLY SIGNED TO G-UNIT/AFTERMATH - WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO HIM RELEASING HIS NEW ALBUM, GAME WASNT OBVIOUSLY GOING TO RELEASE IT ON G-UNIT - SO IN ORDER TO DO SO HE NEEDED TO SIGN A NEW CONTRACT - WHEN HIM AND JIMMY AND DRE STARTED TALKIN ABOUT CONTRACTS IT WAS SAID TO BE BEST IF GAME SIGNED A 5 ALBUM DEAL WITH GEFFEN FOR AN UNDISCLOSED SOME - AND IN RETURN GAME WOULD GET A DISTRIBUTION DEAL ESTIMATED AT $50MILLION FOR HIS RECORD COMPANY BLACK WALLSTREET, UNDER INTERSCOPE - THIS THEN PUTS B.W.S AT A WORLD WIDE RECOGNITION STATUS -

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT HERE:-
GAME'S RELEATIONSHIP HAS NOT CHANGED WITH DR DRE AND HE HAS STILL PUT THE SAME LEVEL OF WORK INTO THE ALBUM AS HE WOULD IF GAME WAS STILL UNDER AFTERMATH -
AND THE PUBLICITY/ADVERTISNG WILL NOT CHANGE.

props to "MostWantedoo" for this info

Edit : Sorry, didn't see that it was posted before in other thread...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 06:03:35 AM by Lil White Azz »

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:51 AM »
U WANT A CLASSIC ALBUM DONT EXPECT GAME'S U WANT SOME DOPE SHIT TO LISTEN TO WHILE UR KILLEN TIME COP HIS MIXTAPES ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT  HES A GOOD RAPPER BUT HE CANT COMPOSE HITS.  & 50 AND DRE MAKING MONEY OFF GAME THATS REAL SHIT GAME CANT TERMINATE A CONTRACT HE COULD LEAVE THE GROUP BUT THATS ABOUT IT...  HOPEFULLY GAME LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES, FOR THE FUTURE DONT SIGN WITH FULLS U BARELY KNOW..

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:40 AM »
50 reminds me of Daz circa 2000.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »
50 talking out his ass.

I would tend to agree with that

Ya hes a liar.  Homotional if you will.    Game is not on his label so how would he still make money on him?  Only reason he made money on The Documentary is for writing credits and because the album was put out through his imprint.  You can't just shave money off an album to give to someone else for no reason.

Like it was said prior to them having problems...Game was only signed to G-Unit for one album.  50 must think everyone forgot they both said that prior to the beef.

To the guy who said Game can't break a contract...you are right.  Jimmy Iovine can.  He is not going to give up an artist who went multiplatnium when people are barely going gold.  At this point Game is worth more to interscope then Busta Rhymes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:04:29 AM by djkoast »
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!