Author Topic: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?  (Read 703 times)

Nino_Brown

Re: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2001, 02:18:26 PM »
jiggaaaa  8) is da man
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2001, 03:34:29 PM »
yeah yeah...props to gabe..jay-z is an average rapper? yet 2pac is the greates rapper to ever grace the mic huh..well newsflash yo..any1 cud get on the mic (and i know ill get madd hated for this but who cares..) and start yellin out thug life n shit..man fucj that..jigga is soooooo more advanced nowthan pac ever was..i mean..

I sell ice in the winter/ I sell fire in hell/
I am a hustler baby, I'll sell water to a well

cmon yo..he is the man..he has 5 albums behind him and millions mo than any rapper

its just becuase its jay-z, tha nigga you love to hate..

its all a trend

real heads know the dilly..altho some heads truly dont like him..but i fell alot of y'all follow people who hate on jigga

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2001, 06:58:58 PM »
I don't understand the whole Jigga thing either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2001, 07:28:12 PM »

yeah yeah...props to gabe..jay-z is an average rapper? yet 2pac is the greates rapper to ever grace the mic huh..well newsflash yo..any1 cud get on the mic (and i know ill get madd hated for this but who cares..) and start yellin out thug life n shit..man fucj that..jigga is soooooo more advanced nowthan pac ever was..i mean..

cmon yo..he is the man..he has 5 albums behind him and millions mo than any rapper

its all a trend

real heads know the dilly..altho some heads truly dont like him..but i fell alot of y'all follow people who hate on jigga

peace

wow thanks for showing how shallow you are...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2001, 07:29:36 PM »

well newsflash yo..any1 cud get on the mic (and i know ill get madd hated for this but who cares..) and start yellin out thug life n shit..man fucj that..jigga is soooooo more advanced nowthan pac ever was..i mean..

hahaha heeeeell yeeeah! that was tight. But he said "I'll sale water to a Whale" i believe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2001, 07:34:31 PM »
::)

yeah that line was hot but what jay-z song can add up to the significance of:

Dear Momma?......none
Brenda's got a baby?....none
white man's world?.....none
keep ya head up?.....none

and so forth and so forth....the answer is none!

jay-z's significance is paper thin compared to Pac's and that's a fact not an opinion!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Wizard Whitebeard

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2001, 08:59:01 PM »
I swear it seems like some of y'all haven't heard anything he did before '99.  I'm not even gonna try to convince you anymore, if you don't want to listen for yourself or if you do listen and you still can't figure it out I feel sorry for you.  This is just pathetic.
"Doc rock a wife beater with me beatin' my wife's ass ironed on." - Redman

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2001, 03:06:06 AM »

Besides being one of the most technically sound rappers ever (i.e. his flow), Jay-Z is almost effortless in his use of punchlines, metaphors and double-meanings.  It's something most good MCs have to work hard to do but he's just a natural at it.  Almost every verse has multiple layers to it, sometimes taking repeated listens to get the whole thing.  If you've ever tried to write a rhyme you know how hard it is to do that.  I still hear new things that I never noticed before every time I listen to one of his albums.  The only other rapper who even compares to Jay in terms of talent is B.I.G. (who I consider the G.O.A.T.).  

Plus, Jay has the image to go with the top-gun status.  He knows he's the best and he flaunts it, but still no one can put him in his place.  He's also multi-dimensional; anyone who says that he's just another commercial rapper talkin' about ice, hoes and cars obviously hasn't listened to his deeper shit like "You Must Love Me" or "D-Evils."  Those are just a couple of examples, he has lots more introspective songs with deep meanings if you'll just listen.  And that's just his rap skills; the real reason he's on top is his business-savvy.  His career is almost flawless and he is what most rappers/artists wish they could be.  

I have friends who have the same problem understanding why he is considered #1 and most of them are people who prefer beats to lyrics.  I personally listen to rap for both beats and rhymes.  If you can't figure out why he's great by listening to his lps, I guess you listen for different reasons than I do.

shit....i couldnt put it better myself, man.....huge propz fo this shit....exactly how i feel....tha only thing i have to dissagree iz dat my all time fav iz pac.....but we ain  disscussin that......so yea......exellent post man.....

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2001, 06:09:39 AM »
I don't care, i've never understood why ppl rate him so highly, i've listened to all his shit and it doesn't nothing to me. >:(

I don't care what anyone says NAS will SHIT on Jay-Z from a great great height. ;)

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2001, 07:23:33 AM »

::)

yeah that line was hot but what jay-z song can add up to the significance of:

Dear Momma?......none
Brenda's got a baby?....none
white man's world?.....none
keep ya head up?.....none

and so forth and so forth....the answer is none!

jay-z's significance is paper thin compared to Pac's and that's a fact not an opinion!

Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen!

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2001, 07:58:50 AM »

its all a trend

peace

Yo nobody even mention Pac's name in this discussion so why bring it up man?

Also you go about Pac steepin up 2 the mic and yellin Thug shit and that....correct me if I'm wrong but does "Jigga" not call himself a thug? Do you think he got that thug shit from Pac?

Also I don't hate Jigga becos other ppl do...I don't like him becos I just don't feel his music at all...he has no lyrics that impress me...sum hot beats but other than that nuttin special.

And yeah he has 5 albums behind him but how many could even be considered near classics or at least 3.5/5 on the mic...maybe 2 out of the 5

Jigga is average. Face it ppl. You show me sum lyrics that Jay Z blaze on the mic and I'll reconsider my evaluation but at least wen Pac screamed Thug Life he lived it....where as Jay Z claim he the king and shit but you don't mention that do ya...about he claimin he the best...wot the fuck is he smokin...Average ain't best....he better revalue himself befo he start shit and we'll see how good Jigga is when Nas fucks him bad with his response to Takeover.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2001, 10:10:28 AM »

wow thanks for showing how shallow you are...

Why?..because i express my opinion..shallowness doesnt even enter the equation..i dont see why u should say that

just because i dissed the greatest rapper ever? man BIG blazed his shit 4x over if that..i used to be into pac soooo much..i am a bit still but times have changed..

i just cant understand why some of y'all are still in a pac timewarp..yes it sad that he died..and he didnt have a chance to exceed his legacy..but not me or you can change that..personally i think his image was manufactured.

yes i do believe he lived the thug life to an extent..

anyway jake i dont see why you have any right to call me shallow..geez yo,

one
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2001, 10:20:32 AM »
actually it was right the first time "ill sell water to a well" not whale...although that shit had me laughin, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2001, 10:23:21 AM »
jayz has 6 albums yall...unless you aren't calling the dynasty a solo...i consider it a solo but just with lots of featurings like every other cd today...if yall only say that jigga has 5 lps than i guess puffy don't have any...

oh, pac and jigga aren't even considered on the same level...jigga is tight, and totally dominating the rap game today but pac was brilliant, and probably the only rapper that had everyone hanging on to his next word...
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2001, 11:07:59 AM »

jayz has 6 albums yall...unless you aren't calling the dynasty a solo...i consider it a solo but just with lots of featurings like every other cd today...if yall only say that jigga has 5 lps than i guess puffy don't have any...

oh, pac and jigga aren't even considered on the same level...jigga is tight, and totally dominating the rap game today but pac was brilliant, and probably the only rapper that had everyone hanging on to his next word...

true dat!!!  jay-z- is only an average rapper...def jam made him into a BIG STAR