Author Topic: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?  (Read 697 times)

teecee

Re: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2001, 12:38:06 PM »
Sure Def Jam helped make JAy Z a star,but they didn't make him a star on their own.  The man has talent, he makes the fukking songs, not Lyor Cohen or Russell Simmons!  They market it, but jay z makes the damn songs!  Look at warren G; hi is dope as hell still, yet his best selling albums came on Def Jam or RAL(a def jam sublabel).  Does thismean he is shit now cuz he ain't with them and doesn't sell as much?  Does this mean LL Cool J sucks actually cuz he blew up on Def Jam?
   If you actually listen to Jays shit, he is quite dope; to say he doesn't make songs like Pac, who gives a fuck, they are completely different.  I love Pac, but he don't have witty lines or use metaphors like Jay, and he isn't as effortless on the mic.  Ya'll say Jay Z is monotone, then listen to someone who screams like Busta Rhymes or something!  If you don't get why Jay Z is dope, don't listen and be done with it alright!
   Do you guys know there are a million hiphop heads who don't understand how Snoop is dope, or how we think Dre is better than Premier?  Guess what guys, all this is a matter of opinion.  If you don't like something, there ain't nothing wrong with you........
   Oh, infinite59, who are your favourite rappers?  Cuz unless you into some underground shit, or mainly Gangstarr or Common or Pete Rock, then i would bet your favourite rappers rap for the radio too......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2001, 12:58:39 PM »
I cant get this gay z thing either, i mean this guyz got no flow, hes not insync wid da beats, his lyrics many times suck and dont rhyme ...
Y is he on the top?? he sucks

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2001, 01:04:38 PM »

Why?..because i express my opinion..shallowness doesnt even enter the equation..i dont see why u should say that

just because i dissed the greatest rapper ever? man BIG blazed his shit 4x over if that..i used to be into pac soooo much..i am a bit still but times have changed..

i just cant understand why some of y'all are still in a pac timewarp..yes it sad that he died..and he didnt have a chance to exceed his legacy..but not me or you can change that..personally i think his image was manufactured.

yes i do believe he lived the thug life to an extent..

anyway jake i dont see why you have any right to call me shallow..geez yo,

one

whatever....if you want to listen to substancless music be my guest

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

teecee

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2001, 01:08:16 PM »
Big jake, you can be a real asshole sometime, for real lol.  I respect that you don't like jay z, but to say it is senseless music is senseless.   And yo, you don't always gotta disrespect other peeps opinions just because you don't agree, cuz even your opinion is ridiculous sometimes!  PEACE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2001, 01:16:26 PM »

Big jake, you can be a real asshole sometime, for real lol.  I respect that you don't like jay z, but to say it is senseless music is senseless.   And yo, you don't always gotta disrespect other peeps opinions just because you don't agree, cuz even your opinion is ridiculous sometimes!  PEACE

correction homie ....substanceless not senceless

not to be an "ass hole" or anything (just out of curiousity) what opinion of mine is ridiculous?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2001, 01:39:16 PM »

correction homie ....substanceless not senceless

lmao........he did say substanceless.........

I'll tell u tha most ridiculous shit eva...........Jay Z being no.2 on BET's top 50's list............pleeeez.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

teecee

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2001, 03:06:26 PM »
You are right, you said senseless, my bad.....and i am not trying to win over your opinion Bigjake, all i am saying is if you say other people are dumb for their opinions, i am sure people will think you are kinda dumb too.....
   You can pretty opinionated, calling people shallow for expressing an opinion, and shit like that.  I'm just saying, learn to respect others opinions even if you don't agree with them, or at least post a somewhat legible argument as to why they are wrong.   PEACE

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2001, 05:30:27 PM »
Jay dropped the best album of 2001.  Pure and simple.  That's just my opinion.  Everyone's got one.  Mine is that Jigga is pure dopeness.  I wouldn't say he was better than Biggie, but he is getting there.  The Blueprint was a masterpiece IMO.  It was a more traditional Hip-Hop album.  The samples were not just the original adding a drum beat.  Jay also went the entire album solo minus one track.  Not one rapper in the mainstream right now has that much balls.  Jay put out an album that was really needed right now.  Jay-Z has made it right up there with the elites.  Not too many MC's can say they made two classic albums.  Not even Biggie can say that.  Pac can, and so can ICe Cube, and Common.  Dre can too, but I don't kmow if to count him as an Mc sice a lot of his shit is ghostwritten. Jigga can make that claim now.  The sheer dopeness of the Blueprint cannot be denied.  How I rate Jigga's albums:

Reasonable Doubt:  5/5
Vol. 1: 4.0/4
Vol. 2: 3.5/5
Vol. 3: 4.0/5
The Dynasty: 4.5/5
The Blueprint: 5/5

Like I said, it's my opinion.  Just like I can't change yours, you cannot change mine.  Mine is thta Jigga is the beast out there right now of the MC's that are still with us.  Eminem too.

teecee

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2001, 05:34:26 PM »
Last Dragon, your a smart dude for recognizing that Common has dropped 2 classic albums, i didn't think anyone else on here would feel the same way.

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2001, 05:45:13 PM »

Last Dragon, your a smart dude for recognizing that Common has dropped 2 classic albums, i didn't think anyone else on here would feel the same way.

Resurrection and One Day It'll All Make Sense are classics IMO.  I'm not sure about Like Water For Chocolate.  It seems that way to me, but the jury is still not 100% convinced.  I USed To Lover H.E.R. is one of THE best Hip-Hop songs ever.  A top ten of mine.

WS

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2001, 05:48:50 PM »
-Nothing
-source is on his dick
-would get his ass kicked if he came to cali

teecee

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2001, 05:59:12 PM »
Good logic buddy, he sucks cuz he would get his ass kicked if he came to Cali......i guess Biggie sucks cuz he got shot out there too, right?  You are one smart dude.

Mighty Whitey

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2001, 06:20:20 PM »
and Dre sucks cause he makes dope beats..
and Snoop sucks cause he smokes weed..
brain damage ever since the day I was born.. drugs what they used to say I was on.

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2001, 11:55:40 PM »

-Nothing
-source is on his dick
-would get his ass kicked if he came to cali

-Everything
-TO an extent, because they know he's dope
-no he wudnt..at all...not even a chance..
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2001, 07:50:56 AM »
yo like i said it before, i GIVE props to jay-z on his first 2 albums(especially RD) but after vol.1 he LOST my respect and fuck your opinion when you say blueprint is 5/5 thats straight bullshit right there(STRAIGHT DICKRIDA COMMENT), and you had the nerve to give dynasty 4.5 and vol.3 4?????? oh my god you must ONLY watch TRL on MTV for real oh and also jay-z NEVER had dropped a classic album RD was potential but it AIN'T CLASSIC 4.75/5 yo i CAN'T respect your OPINION when you take it far beyond limit....when you gave gay-z those high ratings, thats like saying snoop's first album on ho limit or dre's aftermath first album is CLASSIC.....