Author Topic: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?  (Read 695 times)

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
Re: Explain in detail what makes Jay-Z great?
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2001, 01:16:38 PM »

Once again, THIS IS A WESTCOAST BOARD!!!!

The only reason Jay Z is "so great" (which his bitch ass aint!!!) is because 2Pac died.  If 2Pac hadnt died, the West would still be on top.  None of these Eastcoast JIGGY fags would be making noise if Pac was still here to take em out.  

The East has never commanded as much attention as the West.  When Pac spoke, people LISTENED!!!!!!

Almost can't believe so many of you are on so much Eastcoast dick.  uuuugggggg!!!!!!!

And people wonder why the East/West beef started. It's cuz of over biased bitches whining when someone has an opinion about an artist from another region.

Teecee said it best when he said:
"Do you guys know there are a million hiphop heads who don't understand how Snoop is dope, or how we think Dre is better than Premier?  Guess what guys, all this is a matter of opinion".

Fact is, different people like different music. Don't get a stick up your ass when  someone has a different opinion. it won't change anything, and it'll just make you look like a whiney punk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2001, 01:09:40 AM »

yo i know A LOT of motherfuckers hate me in here but everybody who has been down since the dre2001 days KNOW i'm a knowledged hip-hop head so DON'T EVER try to say some bullshit like that to try to diss me fool i mean youre just a fucking rookie YOU AIN'T established when you say jay-z's albums are all over 4's thats NOT an opinion thats a ignorant dickriding comment. anyways, you probably didn't even read anything what i wrote above cuz you basically talking out of your ass cuz they ALL SHIT. i said and i quote "JAY-Z'S first 2 albums was mad TIGHT" so i'm not being biased. also i'm gonna say this once again since your skull is so fucking thick-headed, anyways, i'm a BIG snoop, nas fan and YOU DON'T SEE ME SAYING "oh ALL of snoop and nas's album is MADDDD TIGHT!!! ITS ALL CLASSIC!!!!" you don't hear me do that cuz i'm fair with every rapper even though they could be one of my favorites but you and your little bitch is saying BULLSHIT like all jay-z's album is basically classic??? come on now don't be a dickriding groupie like that homie

funny how ya mention tha dre2001 forum...cauze i waz all over it back in tha dayz........i moved here when all tha peepz there first discovered this board....(and i dont remember much bout u foo").......a lil after my man tanjint....(plz don look at my post numba...i had 4 acountz araised back when this forum waz havin itz probz...and than a coupla later)
anyway.....i waz lovin nases debut "Illmatic" (bump it to this day).....but hiz later shit waz garbage.....so ya cant say im blind dickridin"....if we
talk bout dat....i waz a huge biggie fan and he iz on my top 5 best ever mcz\rappaz...but i recognize hiz "life after"....waz a big dissapointment.......my all time fav iz pac of course.....and i ain comparin jigga to him....cauze pac would rip him or probly any other rappa in tha game if we talkin bout dat.....but as for jiggaz albumz....i stay due to my ratingz......vol3 cant be less than 4.5/5.....it haz tha most piquant and sharp rhymes jigga spett to dat point...now we got tha blueprint....dat iz becomin a classic.......ok dunasty waz a lil lower....but it waznt a real solo....ya know....still cant be less than 4.......i don get peepz who sayin they think Kurupt iz one of tha greatest (what he"z far from) and hate on jigga....jigga ripz him...jigga ripz snoop (whose solo i loved as any otha wc head....but he fell of so far)...jigga ripz x to da z.....(and don get me wrong....i love x.....he iz tha best in tha west nowadayz probly)....ya cant say im dickridin....most of tha peepz i rate jigga over iz my most favorite peepz in tha game....i put them ta show jigz greatness.....i know why my dawgz don get jigga but ta listen and say he"z wack iz straight bullshit imo...........i sugjest you read this again
"you yoself look like a teen boppin groupi who tries to establish a hip hop identity of opinionz.....jus" ta show he got a side..... "
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2001, 05:29:48 AM »

funny how ya mention tha dre2001 forum...cauze i waz all over it back in tha dayz........i moved here when all tha peepz there first discovered this board....(and i dont remember much bout u foo").......a lil after my man tanjint....(plz don look at my post numba...i had 4 acountz araised back when this forum waz havin itz probz...and than a coupla later)
anyway.....i waz lovin nases debut "Illmatic" (bump it to this day).....but hiz later shit waz garbage.....so ya cant say im blind dickridin"....if we
talk bout dat....i waz a huge biggie fan and he iz on my top 5 best ever mcz\rappaz...but i recognize hiz "life after"....waz a big dissapointment.......my all time fav iz pac of course.....and i ain comparin jigga to him....cauze pac would rip him or probly any other rappa in tha game if we talkin bout dat.....but as for jiggaz albumz....i stay due to my ratingz......vol3 cant be less than 4.5/5.....it haz tha most piquant and sharp rhymes jigga spett to dat point...now we got tha blueprint....dat iz becomin a classic.......ok dunasty waz a lil lower....but it waznt a real solo....ya know....still cant be less than 4.......i don get peepz who sayin they think Kurupt iz one of tha greatest (what he"z far from) and hate on jigga....jigga ripz him...jigga ripz snoop (whose solo i loved as any otha wc head....but he fell of so far)...jigga ripz x to da z.....(and don get me wrong....i love x.....he iz tha best in tha west nowadayz probly)....ya cant say im dickridin....most of tha peepz i rate jigga over iz my most favorite peepz in tha game....i put them ta show jigz greatness.....i know why my dawgz don get jigga but ta listen and say he"z wack iz straight bullshit imo...........i sugjest you read this again

go see my last post..... ::) btw and yes, i have been down for a LONG TIME ask big jake, engies, narrator, etc. etc. but who cares??? it seems that if you NEVER seen me at the 2001 forum.....then your just a rookie

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2001, 02:05:53 AM »

go see my last post..... ::) btw and yes, i have been down for a LONG TIME ask big jake, engies, narrator, etc. etc. but who cares??? it seems that if you NEVER seen me at the 2001 forum.....then your just a rookie

ahhh ok....i didnt see you, so Im a rookie....oh....dat make sence *not*...ok....if you say so.....whateva man....

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2001, 02:11:14 AM »
this would be just like going on to an east-coast biased board and asking what makes Tupac so great....  personally I think that neither Tupac nor Jay-Z are/were as good as their fanboys would have me believe.  Half of Tupac's fans didnt know who he was till after he passed (R.I.P.) and half of Jigga's fans had no idea who he was til after "Hard Knock Life".  Jigga is a talented dude, and anyone who disputes that but says Snoop is dope is just silly, because they're basically in the same boat.  Here's two cats who came up spitting a lot of fire on the mic, mixed with some more mellow shit on occasion, now 75% of the time both of them just sound like they're falling asleep while they rhyme.  I still love Snoop and I will always check his shit out, but he's definitely not better than Jigga by a mile or anything.  Basically my point here is that when Jigga spits hot he can go up against pretty much anyone below the top tier of lyrical Mc's (Rakim, G Rap, Ace, Pharoah, Ras, Chino, Nas etc)... meaning he can hold his own easily with the likes of Snoop, Cube, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, whoever.  He is sometimes lyrically overrated, people will make a big deal out of some average ass lines... like people always quote "like short sleeves, i bare arms" and that's a cool witty line, but its not some off the meter shit... ras kass spits a couple dozen of those in every song.  

Dre had every reason to pick him... if you'll notice, most rappers will generally name someone who's hot like Jigga... mad people are feeling Jigga.. Mad Skillz, Talib Kweli, Canibus all bump Jigga's shit because even though he is commercial he is not some lyrical half-wit (like say, Lil Bow Wow or Nelly.)  Jay-Z also has Charisma and ease of flow that most rappers would kill for.  The reason his flow seems so easy is because he used to rap at a lightning pace, and now he raps pretty slow... so obviously it's gonna sound butter smooth.

Considering the amount of love Tupac gets on this board I can't see how anyone could question Jay-Z getting some.  In my opinion Tupac had one classic record (Me Against..) a couple of dope albums and then some below average shit... and i wont even speak on the post-life stuff, that stuff is just blasphemous.  At the same time Jigga had 3 doo-doo albums between Volume 1 and Blueprint, other than a few joints like the Primo laced "So Ghetto" and hmm... I cant remember the name of the joint.. but it's got the reporter chick on it and it basically has him talking about his career and defending his music...

Dre's list had a nice mix of different styles... I cant remember all 5, but I know it had Rakim, Nas, Ras and Jigga... there you have the original lyricist in Rakim, a dope lyricist/storyteller in Nas... a cat who can spit straight knowledge and punchlines in Ras and someone who focuses on the commercial/charismatic side in Jigga.  

as for the "significance" of tupac... Tupac had a small but dedicated fan base until he blew up on Death Row.  most of his "classics" were not known as such until after he blew up with stuff like "California Love".  That's not his fault, because Me Against The World was an incredible piece of work, all I'm saying is that Jigga also made some soulful stuff that people can feel.  I find it odd that Jay-Z is considered commercial and Tupac is worshipped as being "real" when pac returned to the thug shit because suge basically told him to do it after he got pac out of jail after tupac said he'd never return to that type of shit again.  

my personal conclusion is that as Jigga becomes more popular, the more overrated he gets, just as was the case with Tupac and Biggie.  when Tupac passed no one was calling him the greatest, the same was true of Biggie.  yet all of a sudden a year or two after their deaths they started to be worshipped as such.  

Pac never had everyone hanging on his next word when he was alive, except to see who he was gonna go on a tirade of dissing about next.  

Rap records always sold more in the suburbs since NWA.  considering white people = 80% of rap music sales.  Where do you think Tupac sold most of his records? or No Limit, Cash Money, DMX, whoever.  It was to the white kids who want to think they're living that shit, or who are fascinated by the whole thug life facade.  I'm not saying that Tupac didn't say some dope shit or make some dope songs, because he did, but to say that Jigga sells to the suburbs while Tupac sold to the streets is foolish.  Jigga is bumped in the streets of NY just as Tupac was in Cali.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2001, 04:03:43 AM »

ahhh ok....i didnt see you, so Im a rookie....oh....dat make sence *not*...ok....if you say so.....whateva man....

its obivious that your so damn hard-headed to UNDERSTAND the words i'm saying......btw you NEVER was on the dre2001forum so stop lying

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2001, 04:51:06 AM »

its obivious that your so damn hard-headed to UNDERSTAND the words i'm saying......btw you NEVER was on the dre2001forum so stop lying

whatever man....

p.s aks tanjint....aks jake.....aks maxi....aks Nik..AKS SIKOTIC.....my nick waz n***a.........

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2001, 05:21:31 AM »

whatever man....

p.s aks tanjint....aks jake.....aks maxi....aks Nik..AKS SIKOTIC.....my nick waz n***a.........

i don't give a fuck.....

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2001, 05:42:34 AM »
datz yo bi"ness man...

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2001, 06:27:48 AM »

datz yo bi"ness man...

damn right