Author Topic: Red Steel is the shit!  (Read 369 times)

We Fly High

Red Steel is the shit!
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:00:52 AM »
At first I was pretty discouraged by playing this game, just being so unused to the new controller scheme. like it's hella different than anything ive ever used before. It took me awhile to get used to it but after you get the hang of it , damn! im having hellaa fun wiht this game. its on some other level shit. the sword fighting system is not as great as i expected. but just the whole new style of FPS is great. kinda sucks only 2 guns at a time, but its almost something that doesnt really matter. I cant wait to get some more wiimotes/nunchucks for 4 player mode.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Red Steel is the shit!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:30 AM »
thats dope,i was reading some reviews and was kinda skeptical but thats cool ur enjoying it,they didnt have it at the walmart i was at,still deciding whether i should cop it or not

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:49:37 AM »

yeah i've been hearing discouraging fan reviews of this so far.. and it got a 5.0 or something on one review site which makes it the worst rated wii game so far..

its put me off getting it on release day..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:51:45 AM »
damn really?! :/

btw, play fucked me over, acknowledged i ordered on day one of pre-orders but still said they wont guarentee me one, so i cancelled, twats. my local hmv say they will have plenty and i should be fine to preorder any time before Dec 1st

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »

cool.. i'm going to check in on gamestation today and get my zelda+wiiplay+nunchuck pre-order on :)

i should be fine at #16..  but they've not confirmed 100% yet..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:27:24 AM »
;D sweet, let me know!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »
That swordfighting would be hella cool if it followed the remote movements exactly. I understand there's a certain set of swings you can perform by doing certain movements? Imagine COMPLETE control of a sword with the remote, that would be mad nuts.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 05:48:19 AM »
^ expect they'll do something better with the star wars wii game when it comes out..

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 07:14:21 AM »
;D sweet, let me know!
i popped in to ask about reserving a nunchuck as i've seen people stateside saying they're in short supply in places.. but they wont take pre-orders for anything else yet..

however they did invite me to midnight opening.. they (gamestation) claim they're gonna have loads n loads of em..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 08:44:28 AM »
cool ;D

We Fly High

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:08:34 PM »
nah i highly suggest you buy this game. im having a great time with it. i was kinda skeptical at first too with all the bad reviews, but dont see whats so bad about it at all. 
and yeah basically the sword fighting doesnt really follow your movments, it'll replicate the effort, but not in the same movement patterns. so sometimes when you swing left to right in real life, the video game just reads it as a regular swing and goes right to left.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 12:11:02 PM by We Fly High »

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 02:00:36 PM »

ok well my dilemma is.. since tony hawks downhill jam reviews are improving and red steels are gettin "meh" i'm thinkin of getting red steel for xmas or my birthday (30th dec) instead.. and gettin hawks on release day along with zelda

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 09:23:48 PM »
ok so

Red Steel fun shooter, very innovative, but my main problems are:
- no recoil with the guns
- clunky movements with the sword
- shitty voice acting, sometimes the voices dont even play
-multiplayer is as bad as the regular game at points, lots of glitches with doors and such.  I cant wait for a part 2 where they really fine tune everything.

dont sweat the multiplayer on this, Dragon Ball Budakai Tenkaichi 2 is the sickest wii party game, right after wii sports tho!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »
ok so

Red Steel fun shooter, very innovative, but my main problems are:
- no recoil with the guns
- clunky movements with the sword
- shitty voice acting, sometimes the voices dont even play
-multiplayer is as bad as the regular game at points, lots of glitches with doors and such.  I cant wait for a part 2 where they really fine tune everything.

dont sweat the multiplayer on this, Dragon Ball Budakai Tenkaichi 2 is the sickest wii party game, right after wii sports tho!

what do u do in dragon ball z?
is it like  a fighting game or what?
how do they make use of the wii controller?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 07:41:30 AM »
so... i finally got a wii... i got this game and zelda too... i got to say... that this game didnt seem half bad... but i just got passed the first level so far... because i am now HOOKED on Zelda Twilight Princess!... that game is freakin awsome...