Author Topic: Shaq calls Phil Jackson "Benedict Arnold"  (Read 1528 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Shaq calls Phil Jackson "Benedict Arnold"
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
Watch everyone come in here and call Shaq childish or whatever, yet ignore the fact that he was merely retaliating at what was said about him by Phil.
oh you already know thats going to happen...no doubt about it

I think Phil should keep his mouth shut and so should Shaq..But i guarantee you Shaq was lazy as fuck in pratice, yall cant deny that shit..But no Reason for Phil to be talking about Shaq and vice versa, just let it go

Well, Phil was simply asked about Shaq's work-ethic and all he did was say what everyone already knew. Everything I've been saying on this board for the past 3 years, the 100% truth...Shaq just got butt-hurt that Phil didn't lie for him to make him look good and retalitated with a childish diss against the man who made his career. Not enough he had to say "Pat Riley was the greatest coach I ever had" last season, but now he takes direct shots too. Very immature person. still obviously mad/jealous that Phil is back with Kobe...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
Well I do not know too many people that would take Phil's comments as a compliment. There is truth to what he was saying, but it is the way he said it. Shaq could have took the high road like Arenas did with Kobe and maybe yell Subway or something when he is shooting like Gilbert now yells quality shots.  ;D But yeah Shaq was and still is overweight, but everyone takes comments differently. Phil seems to have no problem finding the nearest camera or bookstand to air out former players of his lately.

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
Now that I think about it Shaq and Kobe do the same thing. Jim Gray is like Kobe's personal Ahmad Rashad for dropping exclusives and Shaq did the whole Godfather analogy on tv also so all of them need to L.I.G. it and grow up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
^^I really don't think Phil is trying to take shots, Phil just answers questions honestly and speaks his mind, and bitches get offended...I guess the truth hurts...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »
Must not have been too bad of a flaw, still helped Phil win 3 titles. My point is why bring it up. I am sure there are things about MJ and Scottie that Phil did not like, but you don't hear shit about it. Just like you said, you take the high road. But they are all guilty of it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »
Must not have been too bad of a flaw, still helped Phil win 3 titles. My point is why bring it up. I am sure there are things about MJ and Scottie that Phil did not like, but you don't hear shit about it. Just like you said, you take the high road. But they are all guilty of it.

Dude, Shaq was ALWAYS known for being terrible with conditioning, showing up to camp fat and out of shape, eating Big Macs before games, taking extensive time off mid-season for petty injuries to heal, etc.... we coulda' won 10 championships in a row if Shaq had HALF the work-ethic Kobe has...Phil has every right to speak truth when he is asked questions about it...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »
Like I said, L.I.G. it. Shaq does not play for Phil anymore and he is not Kobe's teammate. The shit is old. It's old when Shaq was saying comments about Kobe. Kobe after a while just took the high road and did not comment on it. Shaq and Phil could have done the same thing. Shaq could have just said no comment. This shit is like a soap opera. The honeymoon for them has been over.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »
Like I said, L.I.G. it. Shaq does not play for Phil anymore and he is not Kobe's teammate. The shit is old. It's old when Shaq was saying comments about Kobe. Kobe after a while just took the high road and did not comment on it. Shaq and Phil could have done the same thing. Shaq could have just said no comment. This shit is like a soap opera. The honeymoon for them has been over.

Yea, Shaq shoulda' just sucked it up and said "he's right, I was terrible at conditioning and keeping myself in shape for the season when I played for him" like a man, instead of name-calling and dissing like a child...Some people just really need to grow up and look at shit from a more logical perspective...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »
before

after

LOL

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:13 PM »

Yea, Shaq shoulda' just sucked it up and said "he's right, I was terrible at conditioning and keeping myself in shape for the season when I played for him" like a man, instead of name-calling and dissing like a child...Some people just really need to grow up and look at shit from a more logical perspective...PeACe

I do agree. It's Shaq who's acting like a kid. Phil didn't diss him with those name-calling childish jokes: he was asked who gave him more problems in his career and he said Shaq. And i think it's real sinceTex Winter said it too, before him. Plus everybody knows Shaq wasn't in shape. What's the big deal? Truth hurts?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »
I'm impressed, Shaq has all those rings and is one of the best big men ever and he's not even applying himself or trying?  That's a compliment.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 03:07:01 PM »
^^Exactly...Dude coulda gone down as undisputedly the greatest big man to ever play the game if he applied himself. It's just a damn shame that he feels the need to diss because it's being pointed out...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »
shaq is the best big man ever IMO. if that's the worst phil can say about him i'm can't hate on him for that, that's just phil. when he calls people out like that you take it with a grain of salt , it's all fodder to fuel his players.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »
Phil just loves to talk shit sometimes, don't get me wrong i think Phil is a great coach and he perfected the triangle offense but a couple years ago he was dissing kobe hard and now he's all over kobe's nuts, it's crazy.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »
Tex Winter, a person i trust more than Phil (because he doesn't play those mind games), said the same thing about Shaq a lot of times. Even after Phil made that book.