Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 10922 times)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2007, 05:22:43 PM »
Rachelle Leah, I'd hit it.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2007, 12:37:47 AM »
Robbie Lawler To Guest Coach On TUF 6

According to an upcoming interview MMAScoops did with Mike Ciesnolevic from the Quad Cities Silverbacks, current ICON Sports champion “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler is slated to guest coach along side friend and teammate Matt Hughes on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Lawler left the UFC after losing to Evan Tanner at UFC 50. Lawler was considered one of the most dominate fighters in the sport before going on a three fight losing streak. Rumors of him not being mentally prepared have followed him ever since. Now with some big wins in ICON Sport and only two fights left on his contract, Lawler might just be trying to make his way back to the UFC in the near future.

Hope this is true...

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2007, 04:02:54 PM »
Yeah that'd be pretty cool seeing Lawler back in the ufc.

ReDeMik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »
Man Robbie is one of my fav fighters and i hope to see him back in the UFC.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »
wtf is with 74...

The card as a whole is dope but the main card is bullshit compared to the undercard..

Main Card Bouts:
-Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
-Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
-Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
-Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane

Preliminary Bouts:
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
-Travis Lutter vs. Ryan Jensen

They put Cote vs. Grove on the main card but not Aurelio vs. Guida, Babalu vs. Heath or best of all Hardonk vs. Mir!!!! WTF.

-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath

Preliminary Bouts:
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
-Travis Lutter vs. Ryan Jensen

I'd rather it look more like that.. and obviously Babalu cause he's my fav.. They shouldn't have these undercards anymore really just make it like Pride did and make the whole card up to 8 or 10 fights. Because Huerta and Stevenson deserve to be on the main card, but not over Aurelio or Babalu IMO. I have no idea why they'd put Grove vs. Cote on the main card..  ??? ::) Whatever though, ahh thats so gay though how they have some potentially awesome fights but they're on the undercard!! Why put a shit match with Grove vs. Cote over those!!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »
Fedor Maybe: UFC To Not Willing To Bend

fedor Emelianenko

In a recent interview on Sherdog.com, Fedor Emelianenko’s manager discusses the current state of negotiation’s with the UFC. The big hiccup seems to be that the UFC will not let Fedor compete in a Combat Sambo event once a year. Combat Sambo is huge in Russia, and Fedor is the poster boy of the sport. Either way if the UFC can’t get over its controlling boyfriend act, then Fedor will go probable to EliteXC or Bodog. His options are limitless, because all the organization’s want him. You cant have the top heavyweight division if you don’t have the top heavyweight.

Sherdog.com: As Fedor’s manager, can you please fill us in on the current state of his contract negotiations.
VF: At the moment we are in negotiations with a number of organizations who have put offers on the table. I’ll be blunt in saying that the UFC offer is the most financially attractive one. However they are very harsh in their terms and are not very flexible in actually negotiating them.

Fedor has now been the PRIDE heavyweight champion for four years and I think we have earned the right to negotiate a contract that suits both parties. Instead we are faced with a blunt “you are either in or you’re out.” This does not really suit us. If the negotiations continue in a similar manner, we’ll prefer to fight for less money but with an organization which is more flexible.

The problem is that Fedor is the face of Combat Sambo in Russia. His popularity is at a level where he is acquainted with president Putin himself, in part because he is so successful and well known for Combat Sambo here.

Combat Sambo is a Russian sport that’s not at a level of difficulty of MMA, but is hugely popular with our public. Fedor must represent Russia in Combat Sambo and at world championships, specifically the ones coming up in September. All we want him to do is compete something like once a year in Combat Sambo. But the UFC is not happy with that.

Their proposal has all kinds of clauses, all kinds of fines etc. that do not suit us. The UFC is not really that eager to communicate and negotiate. The negotiations are still continuing, and we will try very hard to get our demands met, if not Fedor will simply not compete in the UFC, even though that will be unfortunate as they currently have one of the, if not the, strongest, heavyweight divisions in the world.

ReDeMik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
^^They should let Fedor compete in SAMBO. UFC lets others fighters compete in submission grappling tournaments all the time y not let Fedor compete in something similiar... Not to mention he's the best P4P fighter outhere.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2007, 12:17:57 AM »
word, UFC is acting like some little bitches..
and about the 74 card, they should add Babalu's fight but he's lost two in a row so thats prolly why they're not gonna broadcast it..n plus they were stoppages(TKO's)..Stevenson comes off a big win over Melvin Guillard, Kendall Grove has 3 straight wins, Huerta has 4 straight wins n plus he was on SI so hes recognizable by some who may be new to the sport..Thats why I think they're broadcasting the Stevenson, Huerta, n Grove fights..

Intriago33

« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2007, 06:08:47 AM »
I really don't care for the Cote-Grove fight, and I agree about showing all the fights if you're paying for the card.
Anyways, I would go with this:

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
I know Stevenson and Huerta are doing good and thats a good argument.. but Grove-Cote!! Over Aurelio vs. Guida!?!?

Aurelio vs. Guida has the potential for the best fight on the card.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #535 on: July 29, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »
I really think they should just broadcast every fight.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
I really think they should just broadcast every fight.
Like they did in the old days :-\ They just want people to pay for UFC On Demand

Intriago33

« Reply #537 on: July 29, 2007, 03:52:55 PM »
I'm starting to get really hyped for '75 due to getting some tickets, a lot of these fights should be finished by KO.

BTW, Nick Diaz is scheduled to fight in September under Elite XC. I can't wait to see him back in the mix.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »
Yeah and we get to see more of Houston Alexander lol.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #539 on: July 31, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »
  UFC Ultimate Fight Night 11 is Shaping Up
July 31st 2007

New additions to the fight card recently have made this UFN really interesting. September is a big month for the UFC with basically two UFC events, the Ultimate Fighter 6, and now this event.

UFN 11 will air September 19th at 8 pm ET on SPIKE TV. Barring any changes to the current card, there are the bouts:

MAIN EVENT: Lightweight Contention Match
    Din Thomas (23-7) vs. Spencer Fisher (20-3)

With the recent steroid accusations and possible suspension of LW Champ Sean Sherk, this is a very important match where the winner could be in line for a Lightweight Title match very soon.

MAIN CARD:

170 lbs.: Mike Swick (10-2) vs. Jonathan Goulet (19-8)
    185 lbs.: Chris Leben (16-4) vs. Terry Martin (16-2)
    155 lbs.: Nate Diaz (6-2) vs. Junior Assuncao (5-2)

Initially a very interesting fight, Swick vs. Leben 2, turns into two separate but good fights for each of them. Swick wanted to avenge his loss to Leben before the TUF1 show since apparently Leben has been holding it over him ever since. Unfortunately, Leben pulled out of the match right before it was finalized, probably because another loss would really hurt his career in the UFC.

Jonathan Goulet worked his magic on the Sherdog forums to pursuade the UFC and Swick to give him a shot at this fight, and it worked. He is back in the UFC for the first time since his disappointing loss to Josh Koscheck.

UNDER CARD MATCHES (May not be televised):

170 lbs.: Thiago Alves (11-3) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (11-3)
    185 lbs.: Nate Quarry (8-2) vs. Pete Sell (7-3)
    155 lbs.: Leonard Garcia (13-2) vs. Cole Miller (12-2)
    170 lbs.: Luke Cummo (5-4) vs. Edilberto de Oliveira (8-1-1)
    155 lbs.: Gray Maynard (2-0) vs. Joe Veres (4-1)

Thiago Alves is back following his suspension for testing positive for a diuretic. Nate Quarry is back in the UFC spotlight for the first time since his posterized knockout loss to former Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin.

On top of that we have a lot of TUF products including Cole Miller (TUF 5) who is taking on the guy who never quits Leonard Garcia. If you watched Leonard Garcia vs. Roger Huerta, it was one of the best fights you will see this year.