Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 10803 times)

Intriago33

Re: Sticky: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
Good shit, pretty much everyone I pulled for got the victory, especially happy to see Joe win.
Doug Evans had a very good first round against Huerta, but Roger is a future champion and prevailed.

Penn-Pulver seemed like a total miss-match, Penn was far too strong and dominant, hopefully Pulver can benefit from dropping to the 145lb division, he proved to be a good dude on TUF, and I even kid of pulled for him tonight, although it was never to be.

Overall a very good event, and I was suprised at how many fights got aired, hopefully that's the last we see of Andy Wang and Rob Emerson. The 155lb divison if exciting to watch, hopefully there's many more frantic fights in the future because that division is deep.

On a side note ya boy got some tickets for '75.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #466 on: June 25, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »
i hate wang that fool is all talk and he chokes and does dumb shit out there.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #467 on: June 28, 2007, 01:05:52 AM »
In an appearance on ESPN “The Hot List”, UFC president Dana White officially confirmed that Mirko Cro Cop would be facing french mma fighter Cheick Kongo at UFC 75 in London England. Both top strikers should make for a very entertaining stand up war. The UFC is bringing some of its best fighters to London England, in an effort to establish it self in Europe. England has always been successful for the UFC and UFC 75 should not be any different. UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion is officially scheduled for September 8 at London’s O2 Arena. Others on the fight card include:

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Dan Henderson
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Cheick Kongo
Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #468 on: June 28, 2007, 01:07:10 AM »
Nick Diaz must of heard that Frank Shamrock got paid 200K for his last fight against Phil Baroni at last weekends Strikeforce: Judgment Day. According to Graciefighter.com Diaz who just signed with EliteXC requested that he fight Frank Samrock next.

“I watched his last fight and no disrespect intended but I think I would whoop his ass.”

Diaz just came off a huge win over Takanori Gomi, but the fight was later ruled a NO CONTEST after Nicks drug test came back positive for marijuana. Diaz usually fights at lightweight or welterweight would probably have to bulk up to fight Shamrock who usually fights at middleweight or light heavyweight.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #469 on: June 28, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »
And finally..

ESPN has announced this years ESPY Award Nominees. Among the elite athletes are the UFC’s own Randy “The Natural” Couture and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who were both nominated for this years Best Fighter Award. Others nominated include Miquel Cotto WBA Welterweight Champion, Floyd Mayweather Super Lightweight Champion, and Manny Pacquiao WBC Super Featherweight Champion. This is a big honor for the UFC to have two out of five nominees. The ESPY Award has slowly become the Grammys for Sports and is well coveted among professional athletes.

Earlier this year Randy Couture came out of retirement to take the UFC’s heavyweight title away from long time champion Tim Silva. Also this year, Rampage came to the UFC, beat Marvin Eastman, beat Chuck Liddell and has become one of the most popular fighters in UFC history. While both fighters are well deserving, I would have nominated Matt Serra for wining the Ultimate Fighter season 4 finale, then went and pulverize UFC badass Georges St. Pierre to claim the coveted UFC Welterweight title.

Go and Vote for Them

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #470 on: June 28, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »
i'll vote for rampage.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »
Picks for ufc 73 anyone? Just a week away! I can't wait I'm gonna be out west watchin it with my pops.

Anderson Silva by KO!!!!!!

ReDeMik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
Big Nog vs Heath Herring- Nog by decision.
Kenny Florian vs Alvin Robinson- Kenny by TKO in the 2nd
Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans- Either Tito by 1st rnd TKO if not Tito by Decision.

LW CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT- Sean Sherk vs Hermes Franca- Sean by 4th rnd TKO

MW CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT- Anderson Silva vs Nate Marquadt- I got Silva by KO in the 3rd.

Im fucking pumped for this event and the others to come. Looks like UFC is getting their shit together and putting great cards now that they have the PRIDE roster and their disposal.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »
According to UFCJunkie, Houston Alexander will be taking on Alessio Sakara at UFC 75 on September 22. This puts out rumors that Alexander would be taking on The Ultimate Fighter 1 winner Forrest Griffin. Alexander recently upset Keith Jardin at UFC 71 when he KOed him in the first round. Alessio Sakara is also coming of a KO win over Victor Valimaki at UFC 70. This should make for a great match up.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »
Just finished watching the EliteXC show from last week & that show was exciting!!!
compared to the sub-par boring 1 punch reff stopping fight's the UFC has been putting on latley...

Shamrock Vs. Cung Le
(Would be a Dream match)

I like the K-1 fighter's entering and making the octagon a fight instead of a fuckfest on the ground..
just my opinion I love Striking.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #475 on: July 01, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »
Just finished watching the EliteXC show from last week & that show was exciting!!!
compared to the sub-par boring 1 punch reff stopping fight's the UFC has been putting on latley...

Shamrock Vs. Cung Le
(Would be a Dream match)

I like the K-1 fighter's entering and making the octagon a fight instead of a fuckfest on the ground..
just my opinion I love Striking.

to each their own
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Intriago33

« Reply #476 on: July 02, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »
I'm still going over my picks right now, has anyone laid any bets?
There's some interesting odds on a site I use for Soccer:

Ortiz: 1.8
Evans: 2.0

Silva: 1.5
Mardquardt: 2.1

Sherk: 1.3
Franca: 2.2

Hermes had odds of 3.4 last week.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #477 on: July 08, 2007, 03:31:57 AM »
Did anyone watch this live? I tried but had no ride to Hooters :-\

Read the spoilers tho..videos should be available later today :)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #478 on: July 08, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
Talk about let down and bore fest... Thankfully Anderson Silva saved my night, he's gotta be the most exciting and entertaining fighter the ufc has, he cannot put on a boring show, its always awesome.  Big Nog put on a pretty good show too but I was hoping he'd sub Heath. He sure came back after round 1 too.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #479 on: July 08, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
Silvas fight was the best of the night easily..the Ortiz-Evans fight wasnt really exciting..I saw the videos today on www.cagetoday.com and the videos were of horrible quality..audio was 30 second ahead of the video :-\ glad Tito didnt win tho 8)
Didnt see the Nogueira fight, but knew he would win, Heath Herring sucks..hopefully this is the last time we see him..*EDIT*Watching it right now

Cant wait for 74 Kos n Rush  8) I like em both, St. Pierre is my favorite but Kos reps Fresno so I just want to watch a good fight...but St. Pierre most likely will dominate..