Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172454 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2007, 11:13:34 AM »
Great goal by Rooney though
And that penalty wasn't a penalty

yeah it was outside the area but rooneys goal was offside , so they kinda cancel each other out.
Ah,okay..Didn't see the match, just saw the highlights, but they didn't mention the offside.

it wasnt a huge amount he was just slightly in front.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2007, 12:49:37 PM »
Scotland lost as well. May have no British teams in Euro 2008 at this rate.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
Norway is leading in Sarajevo 8)

kemizt

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2007, 11:57:15 PM »
Dissapointing result. DOnt know what to say really, cant really blame injuries because Georgia were without there big names as well. Although i do feel Brown, Hutton and Mculloch are more influential then the georgians who were missing.

You can look at it 2 ways, either Scotland wont lose at Hampden because its Hampden, one of the most formidable and intimidating atmospheres in world football and Italy, France, Germany and Holland have all failed to win there in the last 5 years.

or

Italy will win because its Italy, with too much experience to bottle it and will do the business, get 3 points when they really need to.

EIther way, its the biggest Scottish game in 10 years, and when was the last time something like this happened to Italy? Its gonna be huge.

On a side note, just watch out for dodgy refereeing decisions in Italy's favour. I will leave all the conspiracy stuff to Seven, but what will UEFA think of the world champions not competing in the Europen championship? Will they feel that the standard and the reputation of the tournament has been lowered, and neutral fans wont come to see, say, Scotland versus Finland? Scotland will need 2 play very smart, keep their tempers in check and not give Italians an excuse to dive and roll around because IMO if there is to be a major refereeing decision, it will go against Scotland.

Oh and the thought of Scotland being the sole British team at Euro 2008 is quite frankly, pant moistening.

The Maestro

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2007, 12:00:54 AM »
We won 2-0 ;D

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
The Brits blew it big time yesterday.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

bez

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2007, 03:56:01 AM »
England suck haha I am actually made up we lost. We think too much of ourselves and live in the past with regard to us as a footballing nation. The premiership is only a good league now because of the foreign influence. We are ridicuolously managed by an awful F.A, terribly managed by managers who dont seem to have a clue what they are doing, and most importantly the players dont seem to care or want to play for England.

Robinson is awful. Should of been dropped a long time ago. Even after he conceeded that goal against Croatia were it bobbeled over his foot. Awful keeper, good on his day, but he has gone awful. He has no qualities as a goal keeper really. He cost us the game as far as I am concered last night. David James is not the answer. Carson on the otehr hand should of been given a chance in there. He has been reliable for Villa all season and yet he has to sit on the bench to a keeper that has been making mistake after mistake after mistake. Disgraceful Mclaren. I for one will cheer when we dont qualify and he gets sacked. Absolute shite!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2007, 04:42:33 AM »
russia2-1 odds 10-1

had £20 on

who give a fuck abt national pride whendrinkin money is@stake

whose cummin dwn the pub?????

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2007, 02:19:26 AM »
The Brits blew it big time yesterday.

Didn't Wales win 2-1 ? ;)

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2007, 04:24:08 AM »
OMFG@Robinho

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sajlLiiutjg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sajlLiiutjg</a>

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2007, 07:29:20 AM »
England suck haha I am actually made up we lost. We think too much of ourselves and live in the past with regard to us as a footballing nation. The premiership is only a good league now because of the foreign influence. We are ridicuolously managed by an awful F.A, terribly managed by managers who dont seem to have a clue what they are doing, and most importantly the players dont seem to care or want to play for England.

Robinson is awful. Should of been dropped a long time ago. Even after he conceeded that goal against Croatia were it bobbeled over his foot. Awful keeper, good on his day, but he has gone awful. He has no qualities as a goal keeper really. He cost us the game as far as I am concered last night. David James is not the answer. Carson on the otehr hand should of been given a chance in there. He has been reliable for Villa all season and yet he has to sit on the bench to a keeper that has been making mistake after mistake after mistake. Disgraceful Mclaren. I for one will cheer when we dont qualify and he gets sacked. Absolute shite!

props pretty much agree with all of that, i wouldnt go along with players not caring though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2007, 07:58:17 AM »
OMFG@Robinho

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sajlLiiutjg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sajlLiiutjg</a>
:o

kemizt

bez

« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »
good skill Robinho!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
It was probably the only interesting thing Brazil did all night. Despite winning 5-0, they were awful for 70mins.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2007, 06:51:30 AM »
An entertaining Mersyside derby.

Liverpool were there for the taking, poor choice of formation by benitez and then taking off gerarrd.

Everton were unlucky but they made two big mistakes, hibbert waiting for the ball to bounce at the half way line instead of going to meet it and then pulling down gerrard and getting sent off.

Also couldnt believe moyes didnt change the players in midfield you could see there were exausted.

I have no idea how the ref failed to give a penalty to everton in the last min.