Author Topic: Whatever happened to Eminem's accent?  (Read 488 times)

Doggystylin

Whatever happened to Eminem's accent?
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »
Listen to Infinite and Pre SSLP Eminem and then listen to The Eminem Show or even MMLP, what happened to his accent in between, do you guys think it was part of interscope's image packaging deal to get Em to sound more white or is it one of those things where you just develop your voice more.

Blu Lacez

Re: Whatever happened to Eminem's accent?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »
Listen to Infinite and Pre SSLP Eminem and then listen to The Eminem Show or even MMLP, what happened to his accent in between, do you guys think it was part of interscope's image packaging deal to get Em to sound more white or is it one of those things where you just develop your voice more.

Not Usre..when i heard his pre tracks..i knew Dude was white..
If anything is accent has slightly changed or more so his voice..He seems to get it up an aoctvae higher on a higher on a few songs, then lower it an octave on others..
But his last couple of features, it seems he is keeping it on a high octave which sounds weird...

But to your question,i always figured he was White, however Interscope might have told him to adjust his accent..you know...

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
i've actually never listened to an eminem song the whole way through

TRG

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:37:27 PM »
i think it was just him gettin older

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:27:45 AM »

well i guess there are multiple reasons; maybe it's just me, but on the early recordings the sound quality wasn't so good as it was on the MMLP ( even some songs on the SSLP didn't sound so good; listen, for example to still don't give a fuck, and you'll probably know what i mean). i think you can say the same thing about some songs of tha doggfather ( when you compare them to songs of doggystyle).
offcouse he got older, so that also had some influence. but (according to some eminem interviews) eminem, with help of dr.dre's coaching, experimented with his flow on the SSLP and even more on the MMLP(and he sounds a lot different again on the eminem show and encore, his flow was different. maybe that's because he started to produce a lot more on his soloalbums since the eminem show).

his flow was at his best on the MMLP though ( imo), it didn't sound so monotone and uninspired as on some of the tracks on encore(so i don't really understand why eminem said that he had perfected his flow).

smegma

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 02:37:04 AM »
The downfall began when he stopped smoking.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:42:57 AM »
i think it was just him gettin older

yeah, he hit puberty

kemizt

topshotta

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 03:34:16 AM »
The downfall began when he stopped smoking.

That's right. When Eminem stopped drugs n' all that he started to falling off. It was around Eminem Show it first started to show and
now alot of stuff sounds uninspired, he's doing that high octave thing bullshit too much, hunger is gone, nothing is the way it was
and I seriously think alot of it is thanks to Eminem stopped doing drugs.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:43:08 AM »
^^
As fucked up as that is, I also think that might be it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:46:42 AM »
a lot of ppl say that, but i don't really believe that.

i mean, when he made infinite, his life was already fucked up. i don't know when he started taking drugs, but it wouldn't suprise me if he was already on drugs while making infinite. but if he started taking drugs after he made infinite, it may explain why he sounded so angry on the slim shady ep, slim shady lp and the marshall mathers lp(it may have given him some extra energy).
i'm not a drug expert, but i don't think that the drugs made him more creative(when it comes to lyrics, and flow).
but i do think his motivation is to blame for his downfall since the eminem show.

besides, hasn't it been only 2 years since he went to rehab?

anyway, as long as his next album contains songs such as no apologies, i won't complain. drugs or not, it's still a shame however, that we'll probably never see an eminem album with the quality of the slim shady lp/marshall mathers lp again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:05:40 AM by Dre-Day »

topshotta

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:34 AM »

besides, hasn't it been only 2 years since he went to rehab?

He stopped/began cuttin down on drugs around 2002 I think, I remember reading this in an interview in Rolling Stone around that time.
So basically after some time he stopped his use of coke, exctasy, mushrooms & weed and all that stuff, but was still hooked on prescripted sleeping-pills that he went to rehab for like 2 years ago, like you're saying, to get rid off that habit too.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
he sounded more white on his first records.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
he sounded more white on his first records.

also sounded better on his 1st albums

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »

WHAT ??? :loco: ur missing something in those lyrics then kiddo :loser: :nawty:

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »

WHAT ??? :loco: ur missing something in those lyrics then kiddo :loser: :nawty:

try suga free homey u can never listen to normal rap again