Author Topic: been listening to Rage's Necessary Roughness lately  (Read 355 times)

Al Bundy

Re: been listening to Rage's Necessary Roughness lately
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
I actually give Rage the edge lyrically even on some tracks with him during the DR era.

But yeah if Suge would have dropped Rage after Afro Puffs came out we would not even be having a discussion on how slept on she is.

that track with Daz and Snoop on her album she outrapped both of them lol

Yeah she is just as dope now as she was when she first came out. Microphone Pon Cok was insane too.

yeah I like that she had some east coast beats like Premier and Easy Mo Bee on those tracks that fit her style

Kurupt shouldve got some Premier beats for the East Coast Disc of Kuruption :-\

If you want to hear Kurupt over a Premo beat here is the "You Know My Steez" remix with Rage and Guru, I agree that he should have got him on "Kuruption!", one of the best producers of all time

http://www.zshare.net/audio/79870822a71e49/

what ablum is this from?

its from the Gang Starr album "Full Clip: A Decade Of Gang Starr", check it out if you are a Primo fan

didn't know you were a gang starr fan. and props on posting this track i didn't know of a remix with those two!

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
RAGE is talented As FUCK!
Her and Storm (from tha outlawz) are my all time favorite female Rappers.
8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

D~Nice

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
The album was unbelievable lyrically. The beats were really nice too... I also loved the fact that they even used Pac for a hook (always thought it was kinda cool that gave the label's biggest rapper only for the chorus, who else could do that but Tha Row!)

"Rock On, Rock On, The Lady Of Rage The Baddest Lyricist Born!!!" Love that hook.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
props to everybody for their responses

I'm gonna check out that Gang Starr album

love Primo's beats 8)

HEC

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 06:38:34 AM »
I actually give Rage the edge lyrically even on some tracks with him during the DR era.

But yeah if Suge would have dropped Rage after Afro Puffs came out we would not even be having a discussion on how slept on she is.

that track with Daz and Snoop on her album she outrapped both of them lol

Yeah she is just as dope now as she was when she first came out. Microphone Pon Cok was insane too.

yeah I like that she had some east coast beats like Premier and Easy Mo Bee on those tracks that fit her style

Kurupt shouldve got some Premier beats for the East Coast Disc of Kuruption :-\

If you want to hear Kurupt over a Premo beat here is the "You Know My Steez" remix with Rage and Guru, I agree that he should have got him on "Kuruption!", one of the best producers of all time

http://www.zshare.net/audio/79870822a71e49/

what ablum is this from?

its from the Gang Starr album "Full Clip: A Decade Of Gang Starr", check it out if you are a Primo fan

didn't know you were a gang starr fan. and props on posting this track i didn't know of a remix with those two!

yep big Gang Starr Fan, "You Know My Steez" was my jam back in '98 and the remix is dope as hell too

Okka

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 06:43:16 AM »
Dope album, could've been better. "Sho Shot", "Breakdown" & "Get Wit Da Wickedness (Remix)" are my favourite songs.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »
Dope album, could've been better. "Sho Shot", "Breakdown" & "Get Wit Da Wickedness (Remix)" are my favourite songs.

All 3 Dope Tracks Homie!

I Luv  "Sho Shot"  8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!