Author Topic: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?  (Read 6620 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
The media simply cannot create a star the level of Jordan, and they cannot create it with Kobe either. If they could, they would. I don't care what endorsements Kobe lost after the scandal. All of them combined weren't worth as much as one Air Jordan commercial.

The media can create Ashton Kutcher. They can't create Jim Carrey. You're either a garaunteed 100 million dollars or you are not.

kobe is a global icon as it is...already one of the most popular figures in the world...i really dont see anything that would stop him from being Jordan status with that same push Jordan received.

lol once again a grand conspiracy to keep Kobe down. 

Your logic is backwards.  Jordan got the endorsements and push because the people demanded it.  Kobe doesn't command those endorsements because the people don't demand it. 

Once again, do you honestly believe that all it would take to push Kobe to Jordan status is a marketing push?  You can't be this stupid.  If that was the case, then why the fuck wouldn't he be getting that push?  If Kobe was somehow Jordan status (he's not even close), then advertisers would make billions off of his name and likeness. 

Jordan has it, Kobe doesn't.

how many times do I have to explain the fact that the NBA is making more money out of marketing various NBA superstars as opposed to using the marketing money to promote just one?....ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD TO GET.

PLANT

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it.

what a fucking JOKE!!!  you cant be serious  :-X :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »
But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it.

what's so wrong about that?...it becomes pretty obvious when you have no argument. LOL.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »
^your one to use the "you have no argument" lmao.

at least twice every thread somebody throws a fact or something at you & you just reply "you fucking moron, shutup!" :laugh:

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »

and he calls other people haters lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

PLANT

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
Jordan was hated by the league earlier on in his career incase anyone forgot.....Fined many times for breaking the NBA shoe rule, wearing the baggy shorts....A lot of players were like "who the fuck is this kid" and he was labelled as a "one man gang" showoff type of guy.  Similiar to AI early on his his career aswell. 

To say Jordan was dickrode by the league and was the Golden Child is a load of crap!!

It wasnt really till after he started winning the titles that the league was all over him, even tho he had already succesfully branded himself worldwide to the youth (similar to LeBron now) before the titles.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:53:24 PM by PLANT »

Lunatic

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2009, 01:53:10 PM »
^I think he was dick rode by the refs eventually. That push off on Bryon Russell was still a foul lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
^I think he was dick rode by the refs eventually. That push off on Bryon Russell was still a foul lol
thats just a call that shouldnt be made to decide a championship tho...and many players would have got the same "No-call" including Kobe, LeBron, Wade ect....the refs dont want to blow the whistle when the games on the line unless they absolutley have to...

OchoCinco

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »
thats just a call that shouldnt be made to decide a championship tho...and many players would have got the same "No-call" including Kobe, LeBron, Wade ect....the refs dont want to blow the whistle when the games on the line unless they absolutley have to...

so when do they have to call it? im not talking about this cause its Jordan, i mean even if Kobe or someone did it. A foul is a foul, so your saying everyone should be able to foul on the last play of the game and it shouldnt be called because it can decide the game?. If its a clear foul it should be called, its like when lebron got called for that Crab Dribble aka travel and everyone on here was saying, o it shouldnt have been called cause it decided the game and Lebron is a superstar and should get some calls. I just dont understand how ppl should say fouls shouldnt be called late in the game, if anything they should be, i would be pissed if i got booted from the playoffs on a play when the other player clearly fouled. I can understand not calling a foul if is a ticky tacky type foul or if it looks like like both player had part in it. I just think this is the reason why the nba reffing is rediculous, if its a foul at the start of the game, then its a foul at the end of the game.

PLANT

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2009, 02:22:20 PM »

so when do they have to call it? im not talking about this cause its Jordan, i mean even if Kobe or someone did it. A foul is a foul, so your saying everyone should be able to foul on the last play of the game and it shouldnt be called because it can decide the game?. If its a clear foul it should be called, its like when lebron got called for that Crab Dribble aka travel and everyone on here was saying, o it shouldnt have been called cause it decided the game and Lebron is a superstar and should get some calls. I just dont understand how ppl should say fouls shouldnt be called late in the game, if anything they should be, i would be pissed if i got booted from the playoffs on a play when the other player clearly fouled. I can understand not calling a foul if is a ticky tacky type foul or if it looks like like both player had part in it. I just think this is the reason why the nba reffing is rediculous, if its a foul at the start of the game, then its a foul at the end of the game.
no you are right a foul is a foul but its just the way it is sometimes....like there is no way in hell the refs would have blown the whistle on the last play of jordans career (forget washington) to make the shot and win the championship?  it would have been a stupid call.  It wasnt a lot of contact on a drive to the basket or anything, Jordan DID make a nice move and that shot is money all game, so I can see why they wouldnt call a little push on Russell when he was already going in that direction anyways...

OchoCinco

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

no you are right a foul is a foul but its just the way it is sometimes....like there is no way in hell the refs would have blown the whistle on the last play of jordans career (forget washington) to make the shot and win the championship?  it would have been a stupid call.  It wasnt a lot of contact on a drive to the basket or anything, Jordan DID make a nice move and that shot is money all game, so I can see why they wouldnt call a little push on Russell when he was already going in that direction anyways...

ya, i just hate when ppl say that fouls shouldnt be called. Then they go and bitch about the refs every day.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
The media simply cannot create a star the level of Jordan, and they cannot create it with Kobe either. If they could, they would. I don't care what endorsements Kobe lost after the scandal. All of them combined weren't worth as much as one Air Jordan commercial.

The media can create Ashton Kutcher. They can't create Jim Carrey. You're either a garaunteed 100 million dollars or you are not.

kobe is a global icon as it is...already one of the most popular figures in the world...i really dont see anything that would stop him from being Jordan status with that same push Jordan received.

I don't see why the NBA, Nike, NBC, etc, wouldn't push him like Jordan if he was the icon he is. it's a conspiracy to make him less popular than Jordan? They don't want to make more money. He just isn't as likable. There is a whiny bitch in him that resonates and people see that. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are both bigger stars than Kobe and neither of them are anywhere near Jordan in terms of popularity. The reality is that when Jordan was on top NBA Finals were doing NFL Playoffs TV numbers and topping out with almost a 20.0 rating while Kobe and the Lakers vs The Celtics couldn't even average a 10.0 rating. Jordan doubled the guy in the ratings.

Larry Bird had everything you needed to make a megastar. He was arguably the best guy playing. He was white. A good ol boy. But he didn't have the x factor like Jordan and that's why he never reached the same popularity. You say global icon about Kobe like he's Muhammed Ali. He may not be Ashton Kutcher, but he's not Jim Carrey. Adam Sandler at best.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger stars than Kobe? are you joking? LMAOOO. come on, Shallow. you're not an ignorant poster, so don't make ignorant claims. The reason NBA, Nike, ABC, etc doesn't give Kobe the same push is because they're making more money nowadays than they were in the Jordan era by promoting various NBA superstars as opposed to just one. I already explained this many, MANY times. If Kobe were to be given even half the promotion that a LeBron gets, his image would SKYROCKET..But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push. He plays in the biggest market and he's beloved in LA regardless. the NBA realizes that Kobe is a cash cow, even without promotion, so they choose to push LeBron to create another cash cow alongside Kobe...this also makes for better rivalries (ala the Kobe-LeBron puppet commercials) and more interesting story-lines....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it. He came in at a perfect time and played great basketball. Jordan was just as much a "asshole" as Kobe, if not more. the NBA just had a really good way of masking it for the benefit of the league...PeACe

What are the TV ratings when Manning plays Brady in prime time? Oh, yeah their worst prime time rating in the regular season has a higher rating than any NBA game Kobe has ever played in, period. Yeah, so I say they are both bigger stars than Kobe. Both SNL hosts. Both on commercials and/or major media stories. Leave LA once in a while and walk around cities and towns in the country and just say "Brady or Manning?". You are going to get a lot more reactions and heated debates then you'll ever get from "Kobe or Jordan?" or "Kobe or Shaq?". The USA is a white country and white people like football more than basketball so the biggest stars in football will almost always be bigger than the biggest stars in basketball. Jordan is the one and only exception.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »
^your one to use the "you have no argument" lmao.

at least twice every thread somebody throws a fact or something at you & you just reply "you fucking moron, shutup!" :laugh:

i can break down anything for you...is there something in specific you need broken down? LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »

and he calls other people haters lol

how am I a hater? because I believe Jordan didn't have a charm any more special than LeBron's or Kobe's? because I understand that marketing has a lot more to do with how an individual is viewed than who the person actually is? how? please elaborate. LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »

To say Jordan was dickrode by the league and was the Golden Child is a load of crap!!

LMFAO! ahahahahahahaha....anyone else wanna carry on after what he just said?