Author Topic: Canada VS USA Hockey Today  (Read 3947 times)

Lunatic

Re: Canada VS USA Hockey Today
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
^ me too

Also, I want to say Soccer doesn't "suffer" from a lack of coverage in USA - it's the largest sport in the world.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:21 PM »
Just ask yourself why haiti is getting so much help and nobody gave a shit about new orleans?

i don't know the exact terms of explaining it.

but by law of the Constitution, we were not legally allowed to send our Armed Forces into a state without some clearance from the Senate or Congress.

Haiti is not our property, we were just being good neighbors.

i don't know the extent of damage in Hawaii from the tsunami, but if it's bad enough to where we need to send troops or something, it won't be right away for the same reason as Nawlins.

all a bunch of legal bullshit.

but i tell you, Hockey is in no direction relation with the countries recent failures lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2010, 07:06:40 PM »
look st the ratings olympic hockey and the outdoor classics receive when they have the sufficient network coverage and hype machine behind it.Obviously nobody can compete with the nfl in the states,the compact schedule is the greatest assest the nfl has over other sports as it makes every game extrememly imporant.You can lose your first 6 games and be elimianted.In baseball you could lose 30 games in a row and still win your division lol.Therefore the market isnt there for every game same with hockey.But you cant deny that hockey and soccer isnt covered like baseball and football.And I,as do many others believe it has nopthing to do with the sports themselves.But rather americans inability to accept something that isnt its own.Maybe not the american people,but the media and the government controlling it.Because cant watch what they dont know about and isnt adverstised.

The NFL isn't the biggest because of the schedule. It's the biggest because it's the biggest sport in the country at the top level. An average NFL prime time season game earns higher ratings than an averge NHL, MLB, or NBA finals game.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »
its incredible it was considered a bum sport 40-50 years ago when baseball was already established

Jaydc

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »
Shallow,you just wrote its the biggest sport because its the biggest sport lol.Thanks for that contribution.

Im saying the reason it garners so much ratings is because their are so few games actually being played that every single one is important.Baseball,hockey,basektball have so many games played that not everyone means as much.When you lay 162 games a year its hard to garner huge ratings for every single game being played.The nfl is different,evry game is extrememly important.If the nfl teams played evrey second day and 82 games a season it would not have the same ratings.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
^that's true.

i'm a huge Yankee fan; but i can't go home & watch all 162 games every single night.

but i can watch Football game after Football game just because it's a once a week thing.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »
Shallow,you just wrote its the biggest sport because its the biggest sport lol.Thanks for that contribution.

Im saying the reason it garners so much ratings is because their are so few games actually being played that every single one is important.Baseball,hockey,basektball have so many games played that not everyone means as much.When you lay 162 games a year its hard to garner huge ratings for every single game being played.The nfl is different,evry game is extrememly important.If the nfl teams played evrey second day and 82 games a season it would not have the same ratings.

I mean it's the biggest sport all around for more American sports fans. More kids are playing football, more towns are watching local football, more universities are built around football, so what do you think the biggest professional sport would be? It cannot be that many more games because of the way the game is, but if every other sport went down to 16 games a season and one game playoffs the NFL would still crush them in the ratings. Football is a bigger part of the every day American life than any of the other sports, maybe combined.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:58 PM »
Remember when FOX has the rights..  Showed hella games, marketed the shit outta it..  The robots... The glowing pucks...  The crazy lame commercials with NHL players..  Those were the days?

I live near Van, but my team is Philly.  The streams on the internet are God's gift really.   I hope the Olympics and this game in particular have turned on some ppl that weren't interested before.  Go check the NHL thread where I'ma start posting streams for all the games on Game Day.  Helps alot if you live in America or are in Canada and follow that a team that's not in your region.

One thing that turns me off of regional Vancouver games in general, is they play the same teams.  I understand the schedule goes hard on the teams and they wanna have as minimal travel as possible, and they want rivalries to build up by facing divisional opponents more.  But goddamn if I don't want to watch those games cuz you know what to expect in the game already.  Canucks play Ovie and Caps what, every four years, and Crosby and the Pens every other year...  What kinda shit is that... 

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »
personally i find hockey more interesting than any of the main american sports shame its never shown on sky sports here

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2010, 04:53:38 AM »
In addition I also like how Americans are counting Medals in a fucked up way just so they can be 1st lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »
In addition I also like how Americans are counting Medals in a fucked up way just so they can be 1st lol

yeah but the proper way of counting is boring didnt you know?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »
How are they not counting the medals properly? 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
Giving a 3rd place as much credit as a champion is just wrong to me. Gold should just count more than bronze, I don't see an argument there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »
Giving a 3rd place as much credit as a champion is just wrong to me. Gold should just count more than bronze, I don't see an argument there.

someone is a litttttttle jealous. ;D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

It doesn't get as much credit. The highest ranked team at every olympics is the won with the most Gold medals.

I personally think it should be 3 points for Gold, 2 for Silver and 1 for Bronze. Because I think it'd be bullshit if a Nation could get Bronze in every event, rack up like 50 medals and lose to a nation that has the most Golds with 9 or something.