Author Topic: Tim Tebow #27 overall?? seriously?  (Read 596 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Tim Tebow #27 overall?? seriously?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »
^any opening for Shallow to crack Brady in the jaw with a quick one, the jab will be thrown. :P

he knows his shit, i'll give him that; but sometimes you have to just ignore the absurd biased comments.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
I'm not saying he'll become Tom Brady. His best comparison to a QB is a young Steve Young or Doug Flutie. People forget that the Niners Steve Young and the Bucs Steve Young were two different players.

What I'm saying is that Josh McDaniels thinks he can turn him into Tom Brady. He's got an ego. I'm not sure how Quinn will play out but I'd take Tebow over Orton any day of the week. And I also think Tebow in Chicago would do better than Orton did. So was it a good draft move? Maybe not, but maybe McDaniels heard in the wind that someone was going to grab him before his second round pick. I don't know, and I don't know if Tebow will even end up with a career comparable to one tenth of Brady's, or even Flutie's for that matter, but I do think McDaniels thinks so.

It's funny how when I bash Brady for being lucky for being on a winning team I'm a hater, but what Tebow has done in college is more impressive than any other QB ever maybe. In the Heisman race every year, national championships, bowl wins. And everyone says it's the reason of everyone on that team but him.

I'm the QBs don't win games guy, not you guys. Be consistent. Tom Brady fans should love Tebow.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »
I'm not saying he'll become Tom Brady. His best comparison to a QB is a young Steve Young or Doug Flutie. People forget that the Niners Steve Young and the Bucs Steve Young were two different players.

What I'm saying is that Josh McDaniels thinks he can turn him into Tom Brady. He's got an ego. I'm not sure how Quinn will play out but I'd take Tebow over Orton any day of the week. And I also think Tebow in Chicago would do better than Orton did. So was it a good draft move? Maybe not, but maybe McDaniels heard in the wind that someone was going to grab him before his second round pick. I don't know, and I don't know if Tebow will even end up with a career comparable to one tenth of Brady's, or even Flutie's for that matter, but I do think McDaniels thinks so.

It's funny how when I bash Brady for being lucky for being on a winning team I'm a hater, but what Tebow has done in college is more impressive than any other QB ever maybe. In the Heisman race every year, national championships, bowl wins. And everyone says it's the reason of everyone on that team but him.

I'm the QBs don't win games guy, not you guys. Be consistent. Tom Brady fans should love Tebow.

Heres the thing about me tho. Im nowhere NEAR a Tom Brady fan. Ive always felt he was overrated. But if you believe there is a chance he could ever be on Tom Brady's level. Scratch that, say Steve Young. Then you also have to assume there is a chance he ends up Kyle Orton. Id say he is closer to becoming a Kyle Orton then ever being a Steve Young. As a matter of fact, my team needs a starting QB. And without a doubt I would take Orton over Tebow. And Orton sucks lol. But Tebow to me is more a PR move then a legitimate savior in Denver. Its like drafting Rudy.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »

Heres the thing about me tho. Im nowhere NEAR a Tom Brady fan. Ive always felt he was overrated. But if you believe there is a chance he could ever be on Tom Brady's level. Scratch that, say Steve Young. Then you also have to assume there is a chance he ends up Kyle Orton. Id say he is closer to becoming a Kyle Orton then ever being a Steve Young. As a matter of fact, my team needs a starting QB. And without a doubt I would take Orton over Tebow. And Orton sucks lol. But Tebow to me is more a PR move then a legitimate savior in Denver. Its like drafting Rudy.

He can be what Steve Young was in Tampa no problem.

And I never said Tebow could end up like Tom Brady. I said McDaniels thinks he can do it with Tebow. The odds of anyone reaching the levels of Brady or Young are slim, always. I don't even know if he'd be a remote success in the NFL, but his best chance will be with McDaniels, who is busy drafting WRs to help out his team right now.

The comparison to Brady was simple. They are both winners because of the system and team they are on, Brady in the NFL, Tebow in college, but when you doubt one winner you're a hater, and when you don't doubt the other winner you're an idiot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »
^but you're fronting like Brady has ZERO talent, bad at every aspect of the game.

& as for Tebow at Florida, he just played his part & he was a winner.

Tom Brady makes passes & you say "anyone can punt it to Moss"; Tom makes 40+ passes a game & Tebow makes like 15 lol.

if Tim Tebow can throw 30+ passes a game & be successful, i will take back everything i've ever said about him.

Denver should of taken Jimmy Clausen. if you're "so positive" that it's the schemeing that wins, you might as well get a QB that can throw the ball when called upon.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

He can be what Steve Young was in Tampa no problem.

And I never said Tebow could end up like Tom Brady. I said McDaniels thinks he can do it with Tebow. The odds of anyone reaching the levels of Brady or Young are slim, always. I don't even know if he'd be a remote success in the NFL, but his best chance will be with McDaniels, who is busy drafting WRs to help out his team right now.

The comparison to Brady was simple. They are both winners because of the system and team they are on, Brady in the NFL, Tebow in college, but when you doubt one winner you're a hater, and when you don't doubt the other winner you're an idiot.

I agree about the winner part. But you know yourself when Brady hit the league he didnt go through this very publicized makeover of his throwing motion. For a QB to decide coming INTO the pros that their throwing motion needs to be changed is pretty scary. I would never wanna risk a pick in the top 2 rounds even on a QB at that stage. Thats some shit you work out before college.

Anyways, the pick was still stupid lol. It was just TOO early. And for Tebow, Denver isnt the ideal situation IMO. He would have been better suited going to a team with a solid veteran QB that he could sit behind and learn from for a couple years before even a hint of playing him was suggested. Behind Brady would have been good actually lol There would be absolutely no pressure to get him on the field. He could just work on his mechanics, learn the pro game...and hopefully one day be worth starting. In Denver...there will be pressure to get him on the field.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »
^but you're fronting like Brady has ZERO talent, bad at every aspect of the game.

& as for Tebow at Florida, he just played his part & he was a winner.

Tom Brady makes passes & you say "anyone can punt it to Moss"; Tom makes 40+ passes a game & Tebow makes like 15 lol.

if Tim Tebow can throw 30+ passes a game & be successful, i will take back everything i've ever said about him.

Denver should of taken Jimmy Clausen. if you're "so positive" that it's the schemeing that wins, you might as well get a QB that can throw the ball when called upon.

"he just played his part & he was a winner." Who have I been saying that about the past 5 years? Whatever talent I won't admit Brady has you aren't admitting Tebow has.

Tebow can learn to throw 40+ passes when 35 of them are under 5 yards.

And taking Clausen would have been stupid. Quinn was the exact same QB as Clausen at Notre Dame except he was better than Clausen.

What they get with Tebow is a first year Wildcat player at the least. And I garauntee in te McDaniels system he'll be throwing the ball 30 times. Look at Orton and how his number changed when he went to McDaniels. he threw the ball 25% more than the year before and his completion percentage went up a few points, and he was one missed game shy of 4000 yards after never being able to break 3000 before. With McDaniels and all these new tall WRs being drafted it's just that I think Tebow could be a successful NFL QB in a couple years, it's that I think any drafted QB could be a successful NFL QB in a couple of years.

Every QB ever drafted has talent up the wazoo. The difference for most is where they end up. I don't believe a guy who has been a great at a position his whole life all of a sudden starts to suck in the NFL, unless the system he's on sucks too.

If Tebow had been picked up by the Raiders I'd say he'd amount to nothing, no matter what, or if he was on last year's Bills he'd be a joke. But in Denver sitting on the bench and playing wild horse for a few plays a game I feel he'll be game ready by years 2, unless Quinn takes off like a rocket next year and they decide to trade Tebow.

westsiderider323

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:03 PM »
they sayin how he fits good wit josh mcdaniels system and how hes a 2 or 3 year project

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
they sayin how he fits good wit josh mcdaniels system and how hes a 2 or 3 year project

and they sayin exactly what I'm saying.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
you want to look at Orton? look at Orton & tell me how he did in the Playoffs last season with the current highest paid WR in the game.

Kyle Orton is better than Tim Tebow & that's not saying much; but it didn't matter who the Bronocos drafted, you were going to make the comparison to Brady regardless lol.

if Tim Tebow throws 30 TDs, fuck it, 20 TDs in a season, let alone 50, i'll be impressed.

& my personal favorite, "it's the system he's in", "it's the coaching he's getting", "it's the playcalling", "it's the system", "the system", "the system" & then a quick turnaround, "it's Peyton", "it's all Peyton", "INT? WR's fault", "they won more games in a row than any other team, but lost in the Superbowl; defenses fault". :laugh:

what are you saying? because i'm hearing, the system is so easy a caveman can do it; but since Tim won't be starting ahead of Orton or Quinn, why would two more accurate throwers fail in this "fool's proof" system?

i don't even see how Tim could be touching the field unless he was called in for a quick wildcat-ish formation to gain 3 yards & then sit his ass back down on the bench.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
you want to look at Orton? look at Orton & tell me how he did in the Playoffs last season with the current highest paid WR in the game.

Kyle Orton is better than Tim Tebow & that's not saying much; but it didn't matter who the Bronocos drafted, you were going to make the comparison to Brady regardless lol.

if Tim Tebow throws 30 TDs, fuck it, 20 TDs in a season, let alone 50, i'll be impressed.

& my personal favorite, "it's the system he's in", "it's the coaching he's getting", "it's the playcalling", "it's the system", "the system", "the system" & then a quick turnaround, "it's Peyton", "it's all Peyton", "INT? WR's fault", "they won more games in a row than any other team, but lost in the Superbowl; defenses fault". :laugh:

what are you saying? because i'm hearing, the system is so easy a caveman can do it; but since Tim won't be starting ahead of Orton or Quinn, why would two more accurate throwers fail in this "fool's proof" system?

i don't even see how Tim could be touching the field unless he was called in for a quick wildcat-ish formation to gain 3 yards & then sit his ass back down on the bench.

I can't imagine Orton doing worse in last year's playoffs than Brady did. But he did get to the point where they missed him when he was injured, and a few tough losses kept them out of the playoffs last year. And this was in the first year of the system for Orton. He needed some time. But of course all I said was how much better he got in the new system. The QB can never win the game.

It's simple, when a mediocre QB does great it's the system, when a mediocre system does great it's the QB. How is that hard to understand? What is so special about the Colts system? Run your routes on time and wait for Peyton to put it in your hands, whether in coverage or not. No fancy blocking screen plays, no power run, or big run. The whole thing is rested on a QB that is supposed to be God, and he's not. God would have kept Garcon and Reggie from dropping crucial balls.

Look, I never called the dude perfect. There were two key moments in that game where Peyton messed up. The first was the 3rd and 11 and the second was calling that first TO at the end of the game. He knew he messed up right after both plays. But like I said, even a perfect game by him would have changed the outcome. If he sees the jump and throws the ball away it's 4th down and another 50 yard FG attempt for 65 year old Matt Stover. And if he doesn't call that TO, that's ok because #1 WR Reggie Wayne doesn't like getting hit after catching a ball so much he decides to drop it in the endzone.

So that's two mistakes for Manning against a hungry D playing with fire. Reggie's two mistakes wouldn't have changed the outcome either, and same goes for Garcon's dropped pass. This game was lost the second Caldwell benched Manning in week 16. He showed us what kind of coach and man he was; a nice guy who is very careful about risking too much. And guys like that only win when they get lucky. And while the Colts get lucky way too often, they don't get lucky often enough.

Of course this whole thing is Peyton's fault. He's decided to stick around and put up with rotating o-lines, second rate rookie WRs, half assed defenses relying on teams to play come from behind. In his 12 seasons the Colt's have made the playoffs 10 times. That's ten more than they would have with out him. And this is coming from the guy that PREDICTED 11 wins with Matt Cassel in 08 when everyone laughed at me. Peyton should go to a team that cares about beating the shit out of an opponent, not trying to squeeze out a win.

And stop with that 50 shit. Brady is Roger Maris. Peyton is Babe Ruth. It was a lucky year against some very shitty defenses. Best QB season ever is still 04. 100 more attempts to get one more TD. Big deal.

As for how Tebow will get the start if the two above him will be doing great in the new system; well one of the two is going at the end of the season regardless. So that'll leave Tebow the #2 for '11. And I'm not even sure he'll even get the shot at #1. I said there is a chance Quinn lights it up. He showed me something in Notre Dame, and that might come back. Orton showed me nothing, ever, and he's out at the end of the season as far as I'm concerned. But Tebow could simply work harder than the two and with Nolan in Miami that defense might not save them a game or two and if they come out weak people will want to see him start by year 2.

Here's my prediction right now for the next two seasons, barring a lockout. Denver makes the playoffs this year by winning the division. They go 10-6 or 11-5. Maybe the whole way with Orton, maybe not. But Tebow doesn't start a game. The year after the Chiefs make their big run and win the division and Denver near the end of the season realizing they're out decide to start playing Tebow more often. A lot of this depends on how well Quinn can step up and how good that D will be, but by year three, by the simple will of McDaniels, Tebow will be starting at least a few games.

I think SD is on the way out and KC is about to make a jump. And in between that Denver will luck out for one season. What happens after that I don't know.

This all comes true and I want a video of you jerking off to a picture of Manning on youporn.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
^whoa, whoa, easy Cowboy; i wasn't comparing Peyton's '04 to Brady's '07, i was comparing Brady's '07 (just for you, i'll say the "second best" QB season) compared to Tim Tebow, who will never throw 20 touchdowns in a single season.

& i understand, you like to fall off into tangents, but let's just stick to what you originally said about Tim Tebow being AS successful as Tom Brady.

if you're SERIOUSLY going to tell me an overrated college star, with much less of a pocket package as Brady (less accurate, weaker arm), with a much worse team than Brady (after all, even though certain players get a mystery pass; it is a team sport right? ;)), i'm talking worse in just about every aspect of the team, who you just ADMITTED may NEVER even get the chance to be a starting QB can be AS SUCCESSFUL 3 time Super Bowl winning QB who holds the record for most TD's in a single season; i don't know if i'll ever listen to a word you say again lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 07:28:48 AM »
^whoa, whoa, easy Cowboy; i wasn't comparing Peyton's '04 to Brady's '07, i was comparing Brady's '07 (just for you, i'll say the "second best" QB season) compared to Tim Tebow, who will never throw 20 touchdowns in a single season.

& i understand, you like to fall off into tangents, but let's just stick to what you originally said about Tim Tebow being AS successful as Tom Brady.

if you're SERIOUSLY going to tell me an overrated college star, with much less of a pocket package as Brady (less accurate, weaker arm), with a much worse team than Brady (after all, even though certain players get a mystery pass; it is a team sport right? ;)), i'm talking worse in just about every aspect of the team, who you just ADMITTED may NEVER even get the chance to be a starting QB can be AS SUCCESSFUL 3 time Super Bowl winning QB who holds the record for most TD's in a single season; i don't know if i'll ever listen to a word you say again lol.

The second best season was Marino when he threw 48 and 5000 yards in '84.

Anyway; I never said Tebow would be as successful in the NFL. I said league for league, the college success of Tim Tebow is as good as the NFL success of any QB. Does that mean it'll translate over? Of course not. It was said in response to Brady fans that think wins are the most important thing.

But you like Brady's 07 and 50 TDs. How about Tebow's 07? In 13 games in 07 Tebow passed for 3300 yards and scored 55 touchdowns, 32 in the air and 23 on the ground, and only threw 6 interceptions. And another 900 yards rushing. All this in 13 games.

So who had the better 07 statistically?

You make Tebow seem like some junk player and that the team wins despite of him. His numbers are there. His success is there. There's no reason for a Tom Brady fan to dislike Tim Tebow. I just don't get why you do.

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »

He is a 2 or 3 year project which makes him a bad fit in Denver. Again, he would be a better fit on a team that has an older established vet who Tebow could sit behind...learn from...and MAYBE improve enough to eventually replace them. Not a team that is struggling with its identity at QB right NOW. Like I said before, backing up Brady...McNabb...Manning...Favre...etc, would be great for him. There would be no pressure for him to be on the field...by the fans. But in Denver, the minute their current QB (whichever one they go with) struggles...there will be calls for Tebow to get on the field. And he obviously is NOT ready for that.

As far as "they". Most of the media will continue to try and build up Tebow the best they can. Tebow is a huge draw whether he is good or he sucks. So the media WANTS that story. You think the media was doing backflips when he got drafted in the first round? lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »
^wins are the most important thing lol & he won't get them lol.

& if you're going to compare the half ass defenses he faced in college, with 90% of the people on the field not good enough for the NFL to Brady scoring on NFL defenses, i just don't get you lol.

Tim Tebow ran a trick play offense against the future carpenters & doctors, where Urban Meyers set up plays just to get Tebow involved in the score.

but just for your sake, let's look at that season; pretty much better than Peyton's '04 too; i guess we have a future Peyton Manning on our hands.

Tebow was the Tyler Hansborough of College Football, everybody knows that he won't be shit in the NFL, but he was the poster boy of the NCAA, setting a good example for kids; showing "what it's all about"; leaderships & playing all out every week.

look, i get it, if you can somehow make people believe Tebow & Brady are in the same boat, it will be a major accomplishment for you & your deep hatred for Thomas; so by all means make the attempts.