Author Topic: Is Game falling off right now?  (Read 1261 times)

love33

Is Game falling off right now?
« on: August 28, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
I'm a big fan of Game, but it feels like 2010 could be his falloff year if he doesn't comeout with something big, like a smash single with a dope album.  L.A.X. was a bit lackluster compared to his first two releases.  If he doesn't put up big numbers or a big single to push the album, he could end up taking the same road Xzibit took.  Interscope probably won't keep him if he only does Gold or less -- they are looking for at least platinum to stamp their approval.  It feels like his big run as a superstar might be coming to a close.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Game falling off right now?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:35 AM »
Come on g...he fell off years ago...what year was lax released? Shit what year was da released? Arguably his last best album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
Lol yeah, if anything I would say Brake Lights has given me the most hope out of anything he's done since DA. So seems like a weird time to make that statement. But he lost his superstar status a couple years back.. "My Life" was the only song on LAX to capture the attention of the mainstream, and even then, they were hardly falling over themselves to buy that album.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:14:45 AM »
Lol yeah, if anything I would say Brake Lights has given me the most hope out of anything he's done since DA. So seems like a weird time to make that statement. But he lost his superstar status a couple years back.. "My Life" was the only song on LAX to capture the attention of the mainstream, and even then, they were hardly falling over themselves to buy that album.

"Game's Pain" was pretty big when that dropped, was #1 on 106 & Park for like 2 weeks and it kept him buzzing during that summer, and then the "My Life" video kinda dropped too late since the album had already been out... same problem Snoop had on BCT with "That's That Shit", too late

the majority of Game's work this past year has been kinda iffy and I say that as a fan, but Brake Lights was heat and has made me maintain some faith in R.E.D.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »

"Game's Pain" was pretty big when that dropped, was #1 on 106 & Park for like 2 weeks and it kept him buzzing during that summer, and then the "My Life" video kinda dropped too late since the album had already been out... same problem Snoop had on BCT with "That's That Shit", too late

I think "Game's Pain" got over well as a summer track, but it wasn't something the teenage girls (those who buy albums) were really bumping heavy. Of course, having Weezy on "My Life" helped on that front.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »

I think "Game's Pain" got over well as a summer track, but it wasn't something the teenage girls (those who buy albums) were really bumping heavy. Of course, having Weezy on "My Life" helped on that front.

yeah exactly... like I was still in Junior year when "Game's Pain" video dropped and I remember some heads around my school bumpin' it but not the "teenage girl" crowd like you said haha, and then "My Life" started to get bigger as the fall came around, and the album dropped in August

I don't think it was all Game for the reason L.A.X. barely touched Gold, the label should have dropped his singles closer together

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
He's still doing the namedropping thing to the max...

Ah well, I still enjoy his first 2 albums

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:05 PM »
Something people have been sayin ever since they first heard Big Money and Krazy.

But like so many other dudes, I got hope back when I bumped Brake Lights.

Lets see.. I dont doubt he can still drop QUALITY material.. but superstar status? I dont see him goin back to that..

love33

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
Come on g...he fell off years ago...what year was lax released? Shit what year was da released? Arguably his last best album

I think to be fair, an artist is allowed one shakey album...and that album was def "L.A.X."  But it still went Gold, which is good for today's day and age but the facts are that Interscope is not going to stamp Gold artists, they expect nothing short of a Millie sold when they put that kind of bankroll into the videos and radio play.  I say he's on thin ice right now and this R.E.D. is the measure of whether or not he holds any weight.  One so-so album people can live with... but two in a row, you're def cooked in this day and age.  Is he gonna take the Nas route and bounce back like when he dropped "Stillmatic" or be a Chingy/Xzibit type where people say "oh yeah, I remember that dude...whatever happened to him."

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
Yeah but its more of game has fallen off period...the beatz he was gettin were murda...now hes ridin dre-no-tox...btw if u had 2 choose between hate it or love it vs westside story/higher which one u like?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »
I thought he did earlier, but Brake Lights gave me a bit more faith in his music, however i'm not expecting RED to be as good as D.A
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »

So the last album he released was his last good album? Lol. Go Game.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »

So the last album he released was his last good album? Lol. Go Game.

i think he meant Doctor's Advocate

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 02:47:27 AM »
I would say he fell off since LAX. He just doesn't seem passionate about music anymore. During The Documentary and TDA he would always be doing promo and updating everyone on what he's doing but the past few years he's just been living like a recluse.

illuminutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 04:36:20 AM »
Ever listened to Brake Lights???
Guess you're so 2000 Late!!!!
haha
Life izza Beach & then U Swim!!!