Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160556 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2655 on: May 23, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
I have completely written off NIKCC as a creditable basketball mind. It's not worth it.
Terrible play by Indiana at the end. Well, also terrible play by Miami to end the 4th quarter. Lebron was clutch though, you can tell winning a ring lifted a burden off his shoulder.

really? cuz i missed that....lebron was very passive until those last 2 uncontested layups.

So? What matters is, he made those shots and won the game. Who gives a shit what he did before that. Clutch wise of course. What's important is that he took things in his own hands when the game was on the line. Contested, uncontested, layup, 3point shot...doesn't matter.

My point is that it was more of Indianas horrible defense than LeBron steppin up in the clutch. The two layups he made weren't all that impressive, it was a defensive breakdown, and if it wasn't for the breakdowns, LeBron woulda been scoreless in the OT and Miami woulda lost game 1. He did step up to make those layups, so he gets props for that.

If it wasn't, would have been, would have...it's all pointless. What matters is what actually happened. And it's not like it's the 1st time that a clutch basket was a product of a defense breakdown. It has happened before and it will happen again. It's "did somebody take advantage of the stupidity or not?" that's important here.

Ur right, but at the same time, being guarded by George Hilll one on one and following it up with an uncontested layup ain't exactly enough for us to say he's a new player .. Up until that point, he was playin very similar to how he did vs Dallas down the stretch. I was watching the whole game thinkin to myself "I bet all the LeBron fans can see what I mean". Then the 2 layups came and erased that. It's just not enough to convince me, I can still see Indiana winning the series (though their chances just got much lower). He has gotten better with the nervousness, but there's still times where u can see it in his body language, and u can't convince me otherwise.

Of course, it's a process after all. He can't make that transition over night, especially since you can tell he's not "a natural" at it. But with a ring (maybe rings), game winning shots like this, winning in general...his confidence will continue to rise and with that, his willingness to take clutch shots. He still has huge improvements to make in this area, which is kinda crazy/scary for his opponents.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2656 on: May 23, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
NBA Career Playoff Leaders and Records for Points:

PLAYERS LEFT IN PLAYOFFS ONLY

7.   Tim Duncan   4443
15.   LeBron James   3521
18.   Tony Parker   3132
25.   Dwyane Wade   2899
35.   Ray Allen   2444
38.   Manu Ginobili   2344
164.   Rashard Lewis   1090
200.   Chris Bosh   947

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2657 on: May 23, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
I have completely written off NIKCC as a creditable basketball mind. It's not worth it.
My point is that it was more of Indianas horrible defense than LeBron steppin up in the clutch. The two layups he made weren't all that impressive, it was a defensive breakdown, and if it wasn't for the breakdowns, LeBron woulda been scoreless in the OT and Miami woulda lost game 1. He did step up to make those layups, so he gets props for that.

And lmfao@misinformation dogg writing anyone off when it comes to credibility. U couldn't hold my jockstrap when it comes to basketball knowledge, son

Don't act like Kobe took advantage of broken down defenses. I'll agree with you that the Pacers messed up. But great players expose that and win. And that's what Lebron did, and that's what makes him great.

As I said, not worth it.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2658 on: May 23, 2013, 09:02:13 PM »
Kobe couldn't even win a finals MVP until Shaq left town.  Shaq won 3 of 3 and none were even questionable.

Sccit

« Reply #2659 on: May 23, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »
Kobe couldn't even win a finals MVP until Shaq left town.  Shaq won 3 of 3 and none were even questionable.

wasnt kobe's prime

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2660 on: May 24, 2013, 12:02:26 AM »

wasnt kobe's prime

so kobe only won 2 titles in her prime?  what's ur excuse gonna be when Lebron wins his 2nd title this June?  or if Mr. Duncan wins his 5th title this June?  they gonna cleveland steamer on your chest son.  best beware like u Mystikal.

Hack Wilson - real

NIK HATES LEBRON
« Reply #2661 on: May 24, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
NIK you gonna root for Lebron to win #2 or Duncan to win #5?  what's it gonna be brobro?

Sccit

« Reply #2662 on: May 24, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »

wasnt kobe's prime

so kobe only won 2 titles in her prime?  what's ur excuse gonna be when Lebron wins his 2nd title this June?  or if Mr. Duncan wins his 5th title this June?  they gonna cleveland steamer on your chest son.  best beware like u Mystikal.

Kobe was actually entering his prime in 2001-2002...before that, he was still a leader, but he wasn't at his best yet. still enough to match shaq's out-put, as they were always a 1-2 punch and never a batman-and-robin. they would take turns running the show...but ultimately, the offense had to run through shaq, even when phil jackson wanted otherwise, so shaq did have the seniority, and that was never the question.

as for spurs vs miami, thats a tough one...really whack that it's a potential reality, but oh well. at least daygostylez is somewhere smilin'.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2663 on: May 24, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
lebron with 19 now

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2664 on: May 24, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
paul george doing work today

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2665 on: May 24, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
lebron with the buzzer beating shot to end the 3rd

wow

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2666 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
King James with 31 so far

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2667 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
OH SHIT...NIK has some masturbation material tonight as Miami is gonna lose LOL

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2668 on: May 24, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »
the funny thing is that this is just one more game that Lebron is 30 points closer to passing Kobe on the playoff scoring list  8)

by the time Lebron's career is done he'll be #1 on the all time playoff scoring list because MJ retired and sacrificed a good 500-1500 playoff points

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2669 on: May 24, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
the top 10 playes ever...according to the MVP Voters era:

1.   Michael Jordan*   8.138
2.   Kareem Abdul-Jabbar*   6.203
3.   Larry Bird*   5.693
4.   LeBron James   5.387
5.   Magic Johnson*   5.129
6.   Bill Russell*   4.827
7.   Shaquille O'Neal   4.380
8.   Karl Malone*   4.296