Author Topic: United mother fucking states  (Read 1509 times)

Fraxxx

Re: United mother fucking states
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »
11m is fine by me. This is a dramatic and thrilling way to end games. If you don't want to rely on that, go for the win, you have 120 minutes to enforce a decision.

Robert Enke saved 10/23 penalties in his career, more than 40%, you don't get this number by "blind dives"

that's exactly what i think too... however Cham is right it doesn't determine which team is really the better one and that fucks me up a little bit.

But the factor luck which is PART of penalties add a great deal of emotion and drama to the game.

You're damn right it adds emotion. I'd be crying myself if I lost the World Cup on a coin flip.

But that's not how it is. If you refuse to see that, well...
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
11m is fine by me. This is a dramatic and thrilling way to end games. If you don't want to rely on that, go for the win, you have 120 minutes to enforce a decision.

Robert Enke saved 10/23 penalties in his career, more than 40%, you don't get this number by "blind dives"

that's exactly what i think too... however Cham is right it doesn't determine which team is really the better one and that fucks me up a little bit.

Well... Dortmund vs Schalke yesterday... DOrtmund was superior throughout the game, had  many good chances but couldn't get the ball in (the same shit like last year).

But they lost the penalty shootout (after 90 min because it was only a meaningless preperation tournament) and it was clear that they would lose it. If I'd bet I would've bet 1000€ that Dortmund loses a penalty shootout to Schalke (even though I wouldn't bet against my team). But I knew that they would lose because

a) the keeper, Weidenfeller isn't known as a penatly killer
b) the other keeper, Fährmann was given confidence by our players as they failed many times against him, sth. which always happens when we play against other teams ::)
c) Last season, we missed 6 penalties in a row,

so, of course, only 3/5 penalties were goals and Schalke won.

How can you call that luck, if you know the result before the shootout...

The thing is like I said, Dortmund was better throughout the game, and Schalke is Dortmunds biggest rival... Schalke can't play for shit, they always weasel their way though, so I would've have every right to call it undeserved. But even if it had been an important game, and even I would be mad as hell to lose against Schalke this way, I would've called it a fair win.
Because obviously Schalke is mentally stronger in these situations and Dortmund wasn't able to do sth. with their superiority.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
But a penalty shot is not a game, it's a mini game. Just because one teams better then the other at a shootout doesn't mean anything, it's still dumb. When saving 40 percent of your shots as a keeper is a high percentage, that's just sad.

Fraxxx

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2011, 06:49:41 AM »
But a penalty shot is not a game, it's a mini game. Just because one teams better then the other at a shootout doesn't mean anything, it's still dumb. When saving 40 percent of your shots as a keeper is a high percentage, that's just sad.

??? Care to explain?

Edit: Made up my mind, please don't.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »
Furor posted up some guys stats lifetime and that he saved 40 percent of the shots he faced. Like 40 percent is some high number.

Fraxxx

« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2011, 07:03:52 AM »
Furor posted up some guys stats lifetime and that he saved 40 percent of the shots he faced. Like 40 percent is some high number.

High number related to what? Obviously you can only compare stats of football goalkeepers and if most keepers have lower percentages, it's in fact a high number.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:06 AM »
If 40 percent is a high number, that means it favors scoring heavily and that goalkeepers are either all terrible or that penalty shots is a one sided affair that is completely dependent on one person, the shooter.Therefore it's not a reflection of the sport itself, or who the better team was.A game should never be decided on something like penalty kicks. It's lame and undermines the sport.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
Like I said, the announcer in the game on Youtube I watched said "Oh, he guessed right on that one". Anytime you have to "guess" & blindly dive in either direction, that's luck to me.