Author Topic: NFL week 13 discussion thread  (Read 1256 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: NFL week 13 discussion thread
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
As far as week 17 against Houston for the titans and resting players. Well,  right now they are playing for a first week bye in the playoffs and homefield advantage. It could come down to that very game for them, and likely will. I don't expect them to rest any starters that game. Another thing, I just don't see a team laying down to allow a division rival to get in the playoffs, if it comes down to that game for the titans.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
As far as week 17 against Houston for the titans and resting players. Well,  right now they are playing for a first week bye in the playoffs and homefield advantage. It could come down to that very game for them, and likely will. I don't expect them to rest any starters that game. Another thing, I just don't see a team laying down to allow a division rival to get in the playoffs, if it comes down to that game for the titans.
Will see! Will need one win vs NWO or HOU. That's assuming we won't lay an egg vs. Indy or Jax, something extremely unlikely as we're hitting a good stride right now.

I'm just glad to see you're at least slightly concerned  :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »

Colts did it for us a couple years back so its not completely unlikely. Only reason for Houston not to do it is if they fear playin us a third time.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
Those losses to Oakland & Denver will wind up fucking us in the ass.

I don't. Bengals are going to be lucky to finish 9-7. Denver and raiders will fight it out for the division, the winner will finish 9-7, the loser 8-8. The only team we have to worry about is the titans, but they aren't beating the saints next week. If we win out, we're in.simple as that. But realistically I think we go 10-6 like I predicted  and take that spot. Anything can happen, but that's how I see it. The key is out offensive line is finally clicking. That's two weeks in a row they have looked great and haven't given up a sack.

I'm not concerned about the other teams, I'm worried about us winning. We struggled for 3 1/2 quarters against the worst offense in football.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
& I really don't get the Peyton thing. We've known for years that Curtis Painter doesn't deserve a contract in Canada, obviously they're going to be a bad team. They were never about defense to begin with, plus losing Peyton seriously unmotivated them. & then you're asking Curtis Painter to lead that franchise. He'd drive the Packers into the ground.

I mean, why do you think everyone is saying "wouldn't be such a bad idea to trade Peyton for his value & get Luck a nice additional piece"? Because all this team needs is a QB & they can win some games. It's not like they need Peyton & nobody else. They just need a legitimate starting QB. Brad Smith is probably a better technical quarterback than Curtis Painter.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
& I really don't get the Peyton thing. We've known for years that Curtis Painter doesn't deserve a contract in Canada, obviously they're going to be a bad team. They were never about defense to begin with, plus losing Peyton seriously unmotivated them. & then you're asking Curtis Painter to lead that franchise. He'd drive the Packers into the ground.

I mean, why do you think everyone is saying "wouldn't be such a bad idea to trade Peyton for his value & get Luck a nice additional piece"? Because all this team needs is a QB & they can win some . It's not like they need Peyton & nobody else. They just need a legitimate starting QB. Brad Smith is probably a better technical quarterback than Curtis Painter.

You got it right the first time. They need Peyton and Peyton alone. Drew Brees on these Colts and they'd look like the Chargers with Drew Brees, except the Chargers were a better built team than Indy is now. It's nobody's fault. It was simply a bad team that looked better than it should have because one guy was that fucking good. What was the only difference between the  the 61-21 '79/'80 Celtics and the 29-53 '78/'79 Celtics? Larry Bird. That's it. It took more than Larry to build a multiple Championships team, but only Larry to build a good team in the hunt for the title. And there was no one the fuck else that could have walked on to that team  and did what Larry did, just like there is no one else that could have taken the 2000s Colts to the playoffs more than twice. Peyton Manning; the rose that grew from concrete.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
^I mean, we'll see with Andrew Luck.

...if that's the way they want to go.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
^I mean, we'll see with Andrew Luck.

...if that's the way they want to go.

Luck will only succeed in Indy if they get rid of the Polians and let a real franchise builder take over. If Cowher were to agree to come to Indy and start over with Luck then I could see big things with in a couple years. But if you throw Luck on the team, as is, then good luck Mr Luck, because he'll make Ryan Leif look like a great pick. Dan Marino in his prime is the only conventional pocket passer that could see any success with these Colts. No other QB can see thingsas fast as you have to in Indy, release it as fast, or spot the ball well enough to make consecutive winning seasons happen in Indy.