Author Topic: Daredevil is a fuckin horrible movie  (Read 544 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Daredevil is a fuckin horrible movie
« on: February 14, 2003, 11:48:45 PM »
horrible plot, horrible script, horrible movie

ben affleck totally out of character

the fighting scenes were decent, but the script and plot was soooooooooooooo cliche,

1.5/5
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

Re:Daredevil is a fuckin horrible movie
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 12:00:29 AM »
Have you ever read the comic book?  I agree the movie wasn't great, but if you were a comic fan it'd make more sense to you.  Ben Afleck actually did a perfect job, it was exactly like the comic book; all the characters were cast almost perfectly, in my opinion, and they all acted them solidly, keeping the feel of the comic book.  I think the problem with the movie, was the screenplay.  Whoever wrote it didn't expand on the characters enough, in my opinion.  For instance, in the comic books, Kingpin is THE MAN.  In the movie, you hardly even find out anything about him, he comes across as just some guy with a gang of thugs.  In the comic book, he's Osama level.  Bullseye just pops up outta nowhere in the movie, but if you read the comic books, he's been around forever, so there's tons of character background there; The plot was actually pretty good too, it was of course a plot from the comic series, the one where Elektra died.  In the comics, it was awesome, in the movie, it was too simplistic.  They really really should have expanded at least the Elektra portion.  You see them hanging out for 5 minutes, then she's dead.  It was much more tragic in the books, because she was a deeper character.

I think it was the screenplay, whoever wrote it didn't do it justice.  Kevin Smith (the guy in the morgue, in the movie) originally wrote a screenplay, but dropped out of the project years ago when they tried to make Daredevil 'not' blind.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 12:26:10 AM »
im yet to see this but i got high hopes cause i love the comics

kevin smith is a damn good writer and might be writing the sequel based on the storyline he wrote for the comics.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 04:19:16 AM »
i thought the movie looked kinda stupid on the trialers and shit...but who knows

bez

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 05:04:26 AM »
i thought the movie looked kinda stupid on the trialers and shit...but who knows

I think in trailers it looks dope but I doubt I would go and see it.

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 01:06:50 PM »

Ya that shit looked weak ass fuck, I still might peep it though.

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2003, 01:43:22 PM »
I'm actually planning on seeing it. Oh well.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 03:07:32 AM »
i'm waiting for hulk

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 05:14:48 AM »
word bout Kevin Smith being  good writer.

and damn Jennifer Garner is hot

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 08:03:20 AM »
i saw it last nite, its worth going 2 c just 4 Jennifer Garner . it isant a terrible movie just an average one.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2003, 01:07:17 PM »
Hulk is kinda scaring me... they're making him a little too campy, compared to the comic books.  He looks like Shrek.  

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 12:44:25 AM »
it was real lackluster

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 07:42:42 PM »
I loved the movie. I never read the comics tho so I didn't have any high expectations when I went to see it so that may have been the difference. I liked it way better than Mider-Span tho.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

platinumk777

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 01:59:15 PM »
Daredevil was like 50 Cent's album... didn't live up to the hype. I watched it yesterday, and I won't go as far as saying it's a bad movie, but I expected more. Wait to rent the video/DVD.

3/5

Koncept

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2003, 05:34:07 PM »
Daredevil was like 50 Cent's album... didn't live up to the hype
lol, i'm wating on hulk too