Author Topic: NFL mid-season report  (Read 887 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
NFL mid-season report
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
Well we're just about halfway to the end, and to be honest I more than anything just wanted to gloat a bit about what I said before the season.

One thing I was majorly wrong about was Bills pass rush, Reggie Wayne playng with any for, and the Pats o-line. And Tebow, but that's Rex just being stubborn.

Cam's been flopping as I said he would, but Luck has shown me a lot more grit as a rookie than I expected despite his mediocre numbers he shows up when it counts, RG3 is a shock to us all to be this good this early in his career. The Saints have crumbled like I expected.

And there's a guy who was cut after a few neck surgeries that everyone wondered if he could ever play at a pro level again. How's he doing?

Well he's at the half way point with the highest total QBR, and the #1 Passer Rating of 109, he's third in TD passes, second in yards per game, 5th in total yards (but a few of those guys ahead of him haven't hit a bye week yet), 4th in completion percentage. But the real quuestion was can he throw it long. Well he's ranked first in yards per attempt.

What did I say about him before the seaon?

Anyone that thinks 49 guys are going to have a better season than Peyton Manning next year is a complete idiot. I said it before and I'll say it again; he'll be in the MVP discussion by week 6. And by this time next year they'll be laughing at the thought of #50.

I was a little off since it took until week 8, but quote me on this, unless the Falcons go 16-0, by looking at the rest of the Broncos schedule they will not lose more than two games coming up and finish at least 11-5, aybe even 13-3, and he will got MVP votes trhis year if not outright win it, become the first player to ever win comeback player ofthe year and MVP in the same season and be th first starting QB, God willing, to win a ring with two different teams. (technically Jim McMahon has two rings with two teams)

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
Re: NFL mid-season report
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
What a disappointing season so far. If Peyton's teammates hadn't quit on him in so many games, they'd be undefeated and Peyton would be on pace to have the best statistic season of all time (fuck Drew Brees he's a bad QB without his coach). Sure, Peyton's been good so far, but I'm pissed cause if his gay teammates hadn't quit on him I'd be even more right. Next, fuck that overrated piece of shit Andrew Luck. I predicted the team wouldn't win at all, but they shouldn't have. If the Colts had played this hard last year, there's no way they would have lost so many games, it has nothing at all do with Luck. And if they had played this hard when Peyton was there, they would have won 10 Superbowls minimum. Fuck Tom Brady.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »
Well we're just about halfway to the end, and to be honest I more than anything just wanted to gloat a bit about what I said before the season.

One thing I was majorly wrong about was Bills pass rush, Reggie Wayne playng with any for, and the Pats o-line. And Tebow, but that's Rex just being stubborn.

Cam's been flopping as I said he would, but Luck has shown me a lot more grit as a rookie than I expected despite his mediocre numbers he shows up when it counts, RG3 is a shock to us all to be this good this early in his career. The Saints have crumbled like I expected.

And there's a guy who was cut after a few neck surgeries that everyone wondered if he could ever play at a pro level again. How's he doing?

Well he's at the half way point with the highest total QBR, and the #1 Passer Rating of 109, he's third in TD passes, second in yards per game, 5th in total yards (but a few of those guys ahead of him haven't hit a bye week yet), 4th in completion percentage. But the real quuestion was can he throw it long. Well he's ranked first in yards per attempt.

Anyone that thinks 49 guys are going to have a better season than Peyton Manning next year is a complete idiot. I said it before and I'll say it again; he'll be in the MVP discussion by week 6. And by this time next year they'll be laughing at the thought of #50.

I was a little off since it took until week 8, but quote me on this, unless the Falcons go 16-0, by looking at the rest of the Broncos schedule they will not lose more than two games coming up and finish at least 11-5, aybe even 13-3, and he will got MVP votes trhis year if not outright win it, become the first player to ever win comeback player ofthe year and MVP in the same season and be th first starting QB, God willing, to win a ring with two different teams. (technically Jim McMahon has two rings with two teams)

Good stuff Shallow.. but I would like to see proof that you predicted Cam Newton's sophmore slump
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
What a disappointing season so far. If Peyton's teammates hadn't quit on him in so many games, they'd be undefeated and Peyton would be on pace to have the best statistic season of all time (fuck Drew Brees he's a bad QB without his coach). Sure, Peyton's been good so far, but I'm pissed cause if his gay teammates hadn't quit on him I'd be even more right. Next, fuck that overrated piece of shit Andrew Luck. I predicted the team wouldn't win at all, but they shouldn't have. If the Colts had played this hard last year, there's no way they would have lost so many games, it has nothing at all do with Luck. And if they had played this hard when Peyton was there, they would have won 10 Superbowls minimum. Fuck Tom Brady.

Well said, but Luck is actually stepping up pretty well. The improvement of the Colts in general is diue to them doing what I said they should have done 8 years ago; beef up the team with tougher guys and tougher philosophies. The kind of the team that wouldn't bench starters on the path to 16-0.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

Good stuff Shallow.. but I would like to see proof that you predicted Cam Newton's sophmore slump

Now what I'm saying is not a baseless argument, it's an outright prediction; barring a freak super year by another QB or a 2,200+ yard rushing season, Peyton Manning will be the first player ever to win Comeback Player of the Year and MVP in the same year. He's going to pick a team with a defense, an o-line, and a beast #1 WR and he's going to rival his best statistical year ever, if not beat it. And whatever team he picks will be at least 11-5

Cam newton will start slow, like he ended, and pick it up by mid-season and I can't see a season for the Panthers being better than 9-7. And probably less than 7-9. And Cam will not get a single MVP vote, and no one will say "Cam should be in the discussion. The next 2 or 3 years after next year maybe, but not next year.

Quote me on this mid season, and then again at the end of the season next year. Peyton will not get injured because of the surgery. If some freak ankle or knee injury happens I don't know, but it won't be because of a bad neck or a bad shoulder taking too much of a beating, like what happened with Favre.

Here you go brother. I highlighted the part that has so far come true.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
top teams as of right meow

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
Pretty disappointing for half for my Hawks, could be better, could be worse, 4-4 ain't the worst place to be though. Luckily, we have an easier schedule in the second half as well as more home games, so we can still make a push for that wild card spot since the 9ers are looking too strong this year in our division.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
Pretty disappointing for half for my Hawks, could be better, could be worse, 4-4 ain't the worst place to be though. Luckily, we have an easier schedule in the second half as well as more home games, so we can still make a push for that wild card spot since the 9ers are looking too strong this year in our division.

at least you beat the Packers and Patriots :)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:38 PM »

Yep.. close enough.. I got to give credit where credit is do.  And i'm too lazy right now but if you have a minute maybe you can pull up some of your Chiefs predictions for the season because I think those ended up being true for the most part.. ofcourse nobody could of predicted they would be THIS bad.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »

Yep.. close enough.. I got to give credit where credit is do.  And i'm too lazy right now but if you have a minute maybe you can pull up some of your Chiefs predictions for the season because I think those ended up being true for the most part.. ofcourse nobody could of predicted they would be THIS bad.

I can't remember my 2012 prediction for KC but I no I didn't think 1-6, and to lose so badly. But the problem as I see it is a complete lack of direction for offense. Cassel isn't sart enough to understandsituations at the speed needs to understand them. That sack fumble for instance. In that part of the game giving up 2 instead of 7 is crucial. It's one thing to role out, but a complete other thing to not place ball security above looking down the field. It's also another thing to not have a WR that can see the writing on the wall. Wes Welker recongizes the blitz breaks his rute and opens up for a short pass. The addition of Welker alone might have made the difference on a bunch of losses this season. And if there isn't a comple overhaul this year I wouldn't be shocked to see Pioli grab Welker for next season.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »

I can't remember my 2012 prediction for KC but I no I didn't think 1-6, and to lose so badly. But the problem as I see it is a complete lack of direction for offense. Cassel isn't sart enough to understandsituations at the speed needs to understand them. That sack fumble for instance. In that part of the game giving up 2 instead of 7 is crucial. It's one thing to role out, but a complete other thing to not place ball security above looking down the field. It's also another thing to not have a WR that can see the writing on the wall. Wes Welker recongizes the blitz breaks his rute and opens up for a short pass. The addition of Welker alone might have made the difference on a bunch of losses this season. And if there isn't a comple overhaul this year I wouldn't be shocked to see Pioli grab Welker for next season.

The local media is of course in "fire everybody" mode.  But Pioli would be the right man to try to convince Welker to come to KC.  That would help Cassel out tremendously.  Maybe I am being swayed to much by fan sentiment, but it appears that Pioli will be fired at the end of the season, along with Crennel, and that the Chiefs will be not only picking up a quality QB in the free agent market but also drafting a QB in the first round.   For some reason all the fans here are convinced that Cassel is the problem.

My thinking is that firing Todd Haley is the problem.   I mean last year we had even less talent then this year (no Jamal Charles, etc.) but Haley had us competitive week in and week out and we nearly finished .500 for the season.  So if you essentially have the same team yet you are 6 games worse and HAVE NEVER LED IN A GAME THE ENTIRE SEASON, then you would have to put that on the head coach, would you not?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

Giants too high on that list.  Cant get a lucky playoff run every year.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:26:16 AM »

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

No other team is as mentally tough as the Giants.  That isn't luck.  They know that somehow someway they will find a way to win.  I wouldn't pick against them in the big games

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

No other team is as mentally tough as the Giants.  That isn't luck.  They know that somehow someway they will find a way to win.  I wouldn't pick against them in the big games

A dude catching a football on his helmet and Gronkowski getting a hobbling ankle injury all seem pretty lucky to me.  Oh and not to mention a good returner fumbling a ball at the end of a game.

I see your point, but those things listed above are facts.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
Someone needs to check Andrew Luck. He doesn't deserve to be having this success. Peyton had to suffer through years of horrible teammates, on and off the field. What happened to the Colts? A conspiracy, that's what. They screwed Peyton and took years of his prime away.