Author Topic: GTA 4 ANNOUNCED!! (Maybe on PS3)  (Read 559 times)

Jome

GTA 4 ANNOUNCED!! (Maybe on PS3)
« on: March 03, 2003, 10:31:38 AM »
According to reliable Norwegian newspaper VG.NO
GTA 4 has been announced..

This is the story:
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=31745

Quick translation:
GTA4 will be released within the next 18 months, and as they're aiming higher than ever, they might even make a game for PS3 while they're at it.
The game will be placed in the city St.Andreas.
FIVE persons have already started working on the design for the game(s).

The designers say it might be impossible with the PS2-technology, so they might wait for PS3..

Sub-Z

Re:GTA 4 ANNOUNCED!! (Maybe on PS3)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 01:00:10 PM »
while yur just finding out the rest of the world has known about this for a looooong time :)

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 05:15:54 PM »
Didn't they do St. Andreas in the first GTA?  Wasn't it like a Nevada/Cali vibe?  No doubt this will be tight.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 05:52:45 PM »
while yur just finding out the rest of the world has known about this for a looooong time :)

Gimme some links then god damn it..
And I aint seen anything about it on WCC, so the whole world obviously doesn't know it..

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 06:37:25 PM »
It was only a matter of time...

PS: When PS3 comes out, I may actually get it.  I didn't get PS2 because I know it's no match for XBOX...but PS3 will indeed give it a run for Microsoft's money...that is untill XBOX NEXT comes out...then Sony's fucked.

Smooth

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 09:27:26 PM »

Gimme some links then god damn it..
And I aint seen anything about it on WCC, so the whole world obviously doesn't know it..

Word Jome... I didn't hear about this at all... props on the news though... hopefully it's the best GTA yet...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Jome

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 09:30:25 PM »

PS: When PS3 comes out, I may actually get it.  I didn't get PS2 because I know it's no match for XBOX...but PS3 will indeed give it a run for Microsoft's money...that is untill XBOX NEXT comes out...then Sony's fucked.

lol
Maybe Sony will be fucked hardware-wise, but what does that help if Sony introduce PS3 a year before XBox2, and have 90% of the market ??

Maybe they'll launch at the same time this time, I doubt Microsoft will do the same mistake this time.. could be pretty even.

Sony is known for having weaker machines than Nintendo & Microsoft though, but they're much smarter marketingwise.. by releasing a year before the others, they basically 0wn the market..

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 01:04:38 AM »
Didn't they do St. Andreas in the first GTA?  Wasn't it like a Nevada/Cali vibe?  No doubt this will be tight.
yeah it was on the og gta but i think san adreas is supposed to be san francisco and vice city was also on part one....it only makes it normal for it to be based at san andreas since the other two have been used already

Sub-Z

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 12:53:27 PM »

lol
Maybe Sony will be fucked hardware-wise, but what does that help if Sony introduce PS3 a year before XBox2, and have 90% of the market ??

Maybe they'll launch at the same time this time, I doubt Microsoft will do the same mistake this time.. could be pretty even.

Sony is known for having weaker machines than Nintendo & Microsoft though, but they're much smarter marketingwise.. by releasing a year before the others, they basically 0wn the market..

sony is gonna get theirselves in trouble if they keep rushing things to get their product out before the others

and microsoft has said that they are gonna make sure sony doesnt get a 1 year head start on em again lol

Jankiest

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2003, 05:18:11 AM »
when is this ps3 ment to be comming out

all them sucka ass niggaz can eat a fat dick

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2003, 02:58:34 PM »
when is this ps3 ment to be comming out

Don't expect PS3 to come out untill AT LEAST 2004 or maybe even 2005...

If PS3 gets released in 2003, then it's a sign that Sony is desperate...

Jome

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 06:38:19 PM »

I strongly doubt they're desperate.. they're making bucketloads of money off PS2.
And it could be a smart move for whoever release their next console, to release it early.
Time have proved time and time again, that if you're first out with something new, people are gonna buy it.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2003, 06:25:03 PM »

I strongly doubt they're desperate.. they're making bucketloads of money off PS2.
And it could be a smart move for whoever release their next console, to release it early.
Time have proved time and time again, that if you're first out with something new, people are gonna buy it.

Very true...

But when PS3 drops, expect XBOX NEXT to be right around the corner...

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2003, 08:19:02 PM »
Is it me or are these companies releaseing new platforms WAY to fast? I've got like 10 PS2 games and 4 gamecube games... Perhaps it's just that Im getting older, but it seemed like back in the day, you would have a console for a long ass time before they released an upgraded system.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2003, 09:19:44 PM »
ps3 wont be released in 2003 for sure

its coming out as early as 2005 but probably 2006

and the next xbox will launch at the same time or  before ps3

hopefully more info will come at E3

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24