Author Topic: If The Heat Don't Win The Championship, It'll Be The Biggest Flop In NBA History  (Read 4488 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Yeah, they annoyed me a couple of  years during the Shaq era too. But in 2008 when the Lakers lost to the Celtics, it reminded me the true Laker's rival, and it isn't the Heat. When LeBron signed with the Heat, that reminded me of the Michael Jordan era, and now that Jordan is retired no one even puts the Bulls on the Laker's level. Which put it all in prospective, I can give a fuck about the Heat, the Bulls or any other team. I want Boston to suck.

well if dumbass Ainge trades Rondo then you might get your wish

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Yeah, they annoyed me a couple of  years during the Shaq era too. But in 2008 when the Lakers lost to the Celtics, it reminded me the true Laker's rival, and it isn't the Heat. When LeBron signed with the Heat, that reminded me of the Michael Jordan era, and now that Jordan is retired no one even puts the Bulls on the Laker's level. Which put it all in prospective, I can give a fuck about the Heat, the Bulls or any other team. I want Boston to suck.

well if dumbass Ainge trades Rondo then you might get your wish

It would make post 2014 at least tolerable.

PLANT

NIK youre a straight up hater.  Just start trying to deal with the fact it didnt work out for the Lakers this year. Stop hating on a real team, like Miami.  You would suck every drop out of LeBrons dick if he was a Laker, even more than you already do for Kobe.  Give me your best welching comeback ya bish.

teecee

what makes you even start this thread besides your obsession of hating Lebron?  (which goes back to before he was in the NBA even)

what makes me start this thread is the fact that a.)it's the truth and b.)i dont like the miami heat or the way they were put together...if they flop this year, we can attribute it to karma. not saying they will, but it'll be an interesting revelation.

if me starting this thread somehow upsets u, then ur an irrational heat fan. it aint like im sayin anything wrong or spreading misinformation, like some other cats on here do. 

so you don't like the way te heat were put together, but have no problem with the lakers ridiculous payroll

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i dunno man LAs flop this year was epic.

EVERYONE was talking about the new look lakers.

them niggas looked tired before the season started.

Hack Wilson 1

• Lil Geezy

thinking outside the box, i like this

Lakers have 3 HOFers and Pau Gasol and get swept as the 7th seed

Asani Waye

I'm a laker fan but I think our team this year might of been the biggest flop in NBA history. Now you can throw in all the injuries and shit but it was still bad.

Hack Wilson - real

so you don't like the way te heat were put together, but have no problem with the lakers ridiculous payroll

oh snap!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
In retrospect, the Nash trade was HORRIBLE. But that's in retrospect, I know that everyone was hoping Nash had one or two more years. But it wasn't to be. The 2014 draft is very important. If Kobe can't comeback, we might be looking that the lotto, which looking at the 2014 talent, is NOT a bad thing. But that's speculation.

Bottom line, the Lakers built a roster that was suppose to perform but injuries killed them. They only had 7 games with the starting lineup of Nash, Bryant, Artest, Gasol and Howard. Also, this year exposed Howard as someone who can't take the LA pressure. With lesser talent in Orlando, Howard led the Magic to the NBA Finals, but under the bright lights in LA he can't cut it. Of course, judging by the productive year Bynum had, I'd make the Howard trade again and again and again, even in retrospect. So with that said, the Laker's season was still a flop, and a bit frustrating.

Sccit

injuries and not enough time to build chemistry is why were not the biggest flop. no one truly thought we'd win the championship in the first season without a doubt like everyone's currently sayin bout miami.

Sccit

what makes you even start this thread besides your obsession of hating Lebron?  (which goes back to before he was in the NBA even)

what makes me start this thread is the fact that a.)it's the truth and b.)i dont like the miami heat or the way they were put together...if they flop this year, we can attribute it to karma. not saying they will, but it'll be an interesting revelation.

if me starting this thread somehow upsets u, then ur an irrational heat fan. it aint like im sayin anything wrong or spreading misinformation, like some other cats on here do.  

we got our team through signing players and making trades...3 franchise players didnt get together and develop a plan to join together during free agency. thats pretty much collusion.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
..and will forever taint LeBron's legacy. seriously, they're hands down the favorites and should have a cake-walk the rest of the way with how their all-staresque roster is clicking. everyone's already penciled them in as the winners, with less doubt than any team has ever faced. if they win, it's already expected, not one person out there will be able to say "we didnt see this coming"..but if they lose, the consequences will be much more bitter than the joy of winning would be sweet. barring injury, it will go down as the biggest disappointment in NBA history and LeBron will have lost with EASILY the best supporting cast in the league.....and to be honest, I can see either Indiana or Memphis givin Miami a tough time. should be interesting the rest of the way....... 8)

biggest flop in nba history will always be the 03-04 Lakers

4 HOFers and you lose 4-1 to the Pistons with 0 HOFers
Practically it was 5-0 but the pistons took their foot off the lakers throats in game 2.  They didn't make that same mistake the rest of the series  :)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It'll be a flop, but not the biggest in history, far from it. If Heat lost in the final last year and did the same this year..... then yeah, but nah....

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, if the Heat didn't win a title by now, that would be a flop. But since they won last year I think people will forgive them if they don't win this year. But as I watch the Heat, Wade is slowing down it seems by the day. He is not Flash anymore. I'd say the window of winning titles is actually a lot close to closing than we think for the Heat. Unless Pat Riley gets some really good young players soon.

Biggest flop in NBA history. hum.... I'd say the 2003-2004 Lakers, Maybe the 1993-1994 New York Knicks, especially since they haven't won an NBA title since the 70's, I think the 1995-1996 Orlando Magic was pretty disappointing because everyone thought it was Shaq and Penny's year, 2007-2008 Cleveland Cavaliers has to be up there, 1968-1969 Los Angeles Lakers are about even with the 2003-2004 Lakers. So from that list, pick 'em. When I look at the history, the 1970's didn't have any of those big loaded squad. Maybe because the whole ABA thing and expansion. But the 70's didn't have the big loaded rosters like the 60's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. And the 80's, those big name teams always seemed to find a way to win.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i honestly dont think they need wade to win a championship.

hes nice to have when hes healthy and in production mode but, yeah....