Author Topic: Compton officially gold in U.S., gold in Britian- about a million sold worldwide  (Read 746 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Hoping Dre can cross the million mark in U.S.  Because it would be a great tragedy in music if Dre had an album that didn't go platinum.  He's at like 650,000 in the U.S. right now.  Then to go gold in Britian you need like 100,000 and he has that in Britian.  He's got nearly that number in Australia, then if you add in all the other countries he has to be sitting at about a million worldwide.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

witout promo, singles, videos....thats incredible

Blasphemy

• 'G'
well idk it did get some coverage, mostly because it was being pushed as Straight Outta Comptons "Soundtrack" before the movies real soundtrack got released. I think everyone was expecting another Chronic or 2001 type of project though.

Sccit

well idk it did get some coverage, mostly because it was being pushed as Straight Outta Comptons "Soundtrack" before the movies real soundtrack got released. I think everyone was expecting another Chronic or 2001 type of project though.

i mean, we saw coverage because we out west lookin for it, especially bein older heads who grew up on dre....but there was minimal promo on this, and it was only announced about a week or so before it came out.

Blasphemy

• 'G'

i mean, we saw coverage because we out west lookin for it, especially bein older heads who grew up on dre....but there was minimal promo on this, and it was only announced about a week or so before it came out.
Yeah I guess, but I'm pretty sure once dr. dre stated it wasnt "Detox" ton of wannabes put it on the "do not check" list lol

DRGNBLZN

Any numbers on digital sales? Whole different ballgame there.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Yeah I guess, but I'm pretty sure once dr. dre stated it wasnt "Detox" ton of wannabes put it on the "do not check" list lol

Hmmm.. possibly, but I think the average fans weren't sitting around waiting for Detox like we were—for the last 15 years
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

well the promo was attached to that of the movie which was pretty strong in itself considering it's the highest grossing music biopic ever so that was marketing genius from Dre's camp, so I wouldn't say no promo since the buzz was strong. still a remarkable achievement. also, apple beats and apple music were used to promote the project, the social media were buzzing, I don't think it's that surprising it did so well.

Jimmy H.

I think it did pretty well given the fact that it debuted on a digital platform and really didn't have much for singles to promote it.  I think Detox could have done numbers, just off the strength of name and anticipation.  Compton did alright but at the end of the day, we got a new Dre album, this year, so it's a win for me as a Dre fan.

Blood$

lol at dudes who tried calling Compton a flop back in August  :P

Sccit

well the promo was attached to that of the movie which was pretty strong in itself considering it's the highest grossing music biopic ever so that was marketing genius from Dre's camp, so I wouldn't say no promo since the buzz was strong. still a remarkable achievement. also, apple beats and apple music were used to promote the project, the social media were buzzing, I don't think it's that surprising it did so well.

im pretty sure u get what im sayin .... ill say it again tho. no single, no video, no pre-album mixtape, no build up, hard copy release 2 weeks after digital release.

dre clearly wasnt goin all out for sales on this one.

Blasphemy

• 'G'

im pretty sure u get what im sayin .... ill say it again tho. no single, no video, no pre-album mixtape, no build up, hard copy release 2 weeks after digital release.

dre clearly wasnt goin all out for sales on this one.

Well he honestly doesn't have to prove himself anymore, I thin he realized that, honestly I think the N.W.A Movie just inspired him to make and release music like the old days. Still waiting on that "Everythings Corrupt" by cube

mrfranklin

it will go platinum, just wait until the dvd comes out.

HighEyeCue

this will be an album that will sell for years to come...even though IMO it is not on the level of Dres previous work only because he set the bar so high I think the album is very underrated and it grew on me over time

Sccit

this will be an album that will sell for years to come...even though IMO it is not on the level of Dres previous work only because he set the bar so high I think the album is very underrated and it grew on me over time

IF THEY EVER RELEASE A PROPER SINGLE/VIDEO, SALES WOULD TRIPLE