Author Topic: Terminator 3... Good Movie, But Leaves Itself to Open For Terminator 4  (Read 355 times)

Big BpG

I just saw the movie, it was very good. Of course, you must see the first two movies to understand the third one, but even then, the intro kind of summarizes the first two movies. Anyway, of course John Connor returns as the main character. Once again a robot comes to kill him, so that there will be no fight between man and machine... then the Terminator comes to protect him.... if you really enjoy special effects and stunts... THIS IS LOADED WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS.... the story though is basically Terminator 2... only years later... robot comes to kill John, Terminator comes to protect John... then the end.... which I wont give away, but the ending sucks... I think the end is the major climax in the film,  but as soon as climax is reached, it suddenly ends and then the movie is left wide open for sequel... John's ending words were

"The fight has only begun" .... screen fades... credits roll........

unlike T2 where there is a definite ending... T3 leaves itself open for a 4th sequel...which is bad, because if T3 is a blockbuster Bust, then there will be no budget for a 4th....

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

Ha, you're dreamin' if you don't think it's gonna make money.  This movie is gonna be HUGE

Big BpG

Ha, you're dreamin' if you don't think it's gonna make money.  This movie is gonna be HUGE

Actually, I'd be having a nightmare... I'm a huge fan... i want to see a 4th

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

Yeah, me too.  I was pretty amazed that Arnold's still in that good of shape.  Dude is HUGE.  That's respectable that he can stay in that great of shape, years after it's necessary.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
that one scene where arnold gets dragged through all  those windows was  :o

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

Yeah, ha, that was crazy.  I like how they played up the angle that they're solid steel or whatever, so they weigh a ton.  

bez

I wudda expected an ending to this film but still a T4 wud be cool but maybe with an endin that we don't expect.  Like John Conner is actually a terminator himself or the machines win.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i hope this film blows the fuck up cuz pt2 was one of my best films ever................so if they make t4, is arnie still gon be dwn?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
yo this movie is good as shit, beter than i expected, nice asss plot, and nice ass action, not beter that T2, but up in the same level

West Coast Veteran

Just finished watching it. The movie was good. No where near as good as T2. I wish they would have just left the ending with T2 though. It was perfect and probably my favorite movie. Ruined the whole series like when they made Aliens 3.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Re:Terminator 3... Good Movie, But Leaves Itself to Open For Terminator 4
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »
Dont spoil sh*t in here, cuz i havent seen it yet.
Sh*t is slow to come over here, and i cant wait to see it, lol.  ;D
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 04:22:40 AM »
Sounds cool...I can't wait to go see it.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 03:01:39 PM »
just watched this one.... really liked it... not as good as T2 but stilll.... a very good movie.. i defo fancy the chick in it (not the lady terminator, the lead lady rebel)i seen her in something before... lol

and yeah.... come on t4!!

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 07:19:07 PM »
So much better than I was expecting. And I loved the ending whether they make a 4th or not. It was perfect imo.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 07:53:41 AM »
I ain't seen it yet, like NSDogg said, shit comes over here slowly. But on another note though, imagine how easy it would be to tie together the Terminator series & The Matrix. Like, in T4, the machines win the war and start using humans as their source of energy and a virtual reality is created to keep the "batteries" happy. Only a few people survive, take refuge underground and keep on rebelling against the machines. And whoop, there it is - you're suddenly watching The Matrix trilogy...