Author Topic: (dubcnn) Scott Storch Tells MTV Detox Will Be Dre's Most Advanced  (Read 1003 times)

Don Seer

Scott Storch Tells MTV Detox Will Be Dre's Most Advanced - January 30, 2004 By : Overseer
Dr Dre's next album will be the most advanced rap release ever, according to his co-producer.

Scott Storch told MTV that the album, called The Detox, probably wouldn't be out until 2005 but that it would be worth the wait.

He said: "I'd describe it as the most advanced rap album musically and lyrically we'll probably ever have a chance to listen to."

Dre has been working on the LP over the past year but no tracks have been titled yet and no final cuts chosen.

"When I work with Dre, he usually does more than 100 records and then picks his favorites," Storch said.

"But there are all kinds of new rhythms in there. He always tries to stay a couple of steps ahead of the field."

"Dr. Dre always tries to top his last one. That's why he spends so much time putting them together and they don't come out every five minutes. He puts a lot of time, energy and genius into the stuff."

Storch said Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg and Knoc-Turn'al would all feature, as well as newer names like Lloyd Banks, Guvner and Game.

"The whole family is gonna be on there," Storch said. "If not the last Dre album, this is gonna be one of the last Dre albums we're gonna get. So he's putting a lot into it."

(originally posted on ananova.com)

Thanks to DarlyB for sending this one in.

8)

PLANT

Re:(dubcnn) Scott Storch Tells MTV Detox Will Be Dre's Most Advanced
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 06:45:55 AM »
 Wonderful ;D

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 07:30:14 AM »
good news, so i guess dre was lying about the thing he said the other day ("me and eminem actually just started workin on detox")...that wont make a difference though, we'll have to wait another 12 months (at least) anyway. and dre, please take off the g-unit and ill be happy
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 07:31:12 AM »
^ well not really... maybe he worked witha  lot of other people on detox, just not eminem ;)

dell

• Lil Geezy
  • aftermath,ruthless,shady,g-unit,blackwallstreet .
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 07:51:41 AM »
scott storch is a dope muthafucca on them keys.
bigg dell

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 07:55:39 AM »

Scott Storch told MTV that the album, called The Detox, probably wouldn't be out until 2005 but that it would be worth the wait.

I don't doubt it ;)

Nightfall

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 08:19:15 AM »
why g-unit...

cause 50 cent is signed to shady/aftermath, is that so fucking hard to understand?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 08:51:03 AM »
why g-unit...i hate them...

Just 'cause you hate them doesn't mean Dre shouldn't be allowed to put them on his album.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:51:22 AM by T-Dogg »

Nightfall

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 08:52:59 AM »
why g-unit...i hate them...

Just 'cause you hate them doesn't mean Dre shouldn't be allowed to put them on his album.

exactly! hes not making the album for 1 single fan, hes making it for the masses
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:53:32 AM by whenimondamic »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 09:04:34 AM »
On point, and whether you like it or not 50 & the G-Unit appeal to the masses. Simply putting them on pratically guarantees you've got a bunch of 50 fans putting their money down for the album. Even if I DIDN'T like G-Unit, it wouldn't deter me from buying 'Detox' so when you think about it like that for the majority Dre probably made a smart move...

And boy am I glad to hear Snoop is definately gonna feature. I don't care whether you love him or hate him now, it wouldn't have been the same without the Doggfather! :D
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 09:13:07 AM »
^ exactly...

he's gonna sell...

last time he had.. snoop fans + eminem fans this time he's got  50/g-unit fans too... yeah some are the same.. but not all.. w

ho aint gonna wanna listen to this?

Nightfall

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 09:15:32 AM »
who aint gonna wanna listen to this?

good question actually, im not that much of a dre-fan, but i definetly liked the xzibit, defari, king tee and devin the dude appearences on 2001

i guess thats what made 2001 the success it became, every song had the same formula, but the different artists just made it appeal to different fans

i actually never looked at it that way
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 09:17:06 AM by whenimondamic »

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 09:35:30 AM »
We all know the first single is going to be something like California OG's (ft. G-Unit, D-12, Eminem, and Eve) or some bullshit like that.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 11:08:18 AM »
dont be so cynical

way2fonky313

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 11:16:23 AM »
good to hear snoops on there.