Author Topic: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?  (Read 678 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?
« on: November 03, 2004, 02:09:39 PM »
In last nights season opener, Kobe Bryant had 25 points and 7 assists, many going to Mihm, as the Lakers defeated the Nuggets 89 to 78. As the Lakers moved toward a decisive 19 point lead in the second quarter, Bryant and center Chris Mihm combined for 21 points, surprising because Bryant had only 2 of them. Mihm did a lot of nothing while playing for Cleveland and Boston, but right now you have to give Bryant this: He's already shown the basketball world for one night on national TV that he's more than willing to go inside if the big man is willing to run up and down the court and play with enthusiasm. He sure knows how to hit Shaq where it hurts. Mihm had a career high-23 points after 3 quarters of play, and Bryant had 18 with a quarter to play. How funny would it be this season to hear folks talk about one of the great tandems in basketball: Kobe & Chris. Right about now, of course, Shaq probably has something he'd like to say in response, but who cares? The Denver Nuggets general manager, Kiki Vandeweghe, said (about trying to get Kobe to sign with the Nuggets), "We had a great meeting. I've always had a lot of respect for Kobe. I've always liked him a lot as a person. It was actually kind of an honor that he agreed to meet with us." In the 4th quarter of the game already decided, Bryant lost the ball near his basket, then sprinted down the court to block an ensuing Andre Miller layup. "One of the best plays I've ever seen. I thought that was the best example of a turnaround play that I've ever had" said new coach Rudy Tomjanovich. "He was phenomenal. Defensively, offensively, energy-wise, and being a positive influence, even on the bench. Phenomenal."

This proves that Bryant wasn't the only driver on this ego trip. Jackson and O'Neal say Bryant ran them out. Actually, Jerry Buss ran them out because they demanded king's ransoms and his priority was Kobe, which was the only choice, if you had to choose. The problem was a clash of egos, and Bryant was only one of them. Bryant is determined to show he can do this on his own and he will...As for Shaq, it looks like he won't be playing tonight. Gee, what a surprise.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 02:13:39 PM »
LOL Nik droppin a bomb on u suckaz

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 02:20:57 PM »
ok, its just one game, nik you know my story so im not gonna explain all that lol. but everyone is talkin about how selfish kobe is gonna be this year, so what does kobe do? make a concious effort to get others involved. after a while though he migh tpossibly completely stray from that stlye of play once he has peoples mind off of their previous assumtpion of him being selfish.......you can only go so long before you fall back into your old habits.

of course, kobe might prove me wrong though.....make this thread again in january.....

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 02:31:28 PM »
.make this thread again in january.....

I'll be sure to bring this up...

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »
Here's how I see it...

Kobe wants to win
Kobe will do anything in his power to win
At different points in the game, if he feels that passing it more will result in more points, he will pass more... if he feels that he should take some shots himself, then he will take more shots
He doesn't care what his stats look like, he wants to win
That's what all superstar status players do... people only hate on him because he's so young and doing what stars are usually doing so much later in their careers

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 02:51:22 PM »
However, I don't agree with people comparing him to Jordan already. As of this moment, Jordan is on a whole 'nother level, and people have to realize that. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 04:27:36 PM »
However, I don't agree with people comparing him to Jordan already. As of this moment, Jordan is on a whole 'nother level, and people have to realize that. 

That's not what coach Rudy T says...Rudy coached hall of famers like Hakeem, Drexler, Barkley, and others throughout his career...He said Kobe's on another level...After this season, more people will appreciate Kobe...You will all see.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 04:37:19 PM »
I do appreciate Kobe.
I think he's a great player.
In my opinion, he hasn't accomplished anything close to what Jordan has, that's all. I mean, yeah, he's got a lot of time to do all that, but until he does, he's not on Jordan's level. I'm not saying he can't, he just hasn't yet, which is quite understandable, considering that he's only been playing for the amount of time that he has.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 06:10:30 PM »
If he continues doing what he does, he will be on that level by the end of his career.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 09:18:13 PM »
If he continues doing what he does, he will be on that level by the end of his career.

Possibly... but you never know what could happen... he may even surpass him... or he could suffer from an injury and not play anymore... who knows

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 05:00:59 AM »
However, I don't agree with people comparing him to Jordan already.

People is too much generic, man. Let's call out names: Phil Jackson said Bryant has some "jordanesque" in him. Coming from the former coach of Jordan, it's pretty much fat. Then Rudy Tomjanovic. He said Bryant is on "that level". If two of the best coaches of our time thinks that, maybe it's the truth?

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 06:24:29 AM »
great player indeed but stop dickriding him in all lakers topics, it's only one game.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 11:07:26 AM »
didn't the lakers get their ass handed to them yesterday?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 12:29:40 PM »
people only hate on him because he's so young and doing what stars are usually doing so much later in their careers

Larry and Magic were about the same age as Kobe is now and they were doing great things. I've never hated on them. I just think Kobe was riding O'Niel to the championship, alot more than O'niel was riding Kobe. With Magic and Larry the driving force was clearly them. We'll find out in the next two seasons if Kobe can do it with out Shaq. The bottom line is that I htink Kobe is overrated and the next few seasons will either prove or refute my theory.

acbaylove

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 03:01:26 PM »
people only hate on him because he's so young and doing what stars are usually doing so much later in their careers

Larry and Magic were about the same age as Kobe is now and they were doing great things. I've never hated on them. I just think Kobe was riding O'Niel to the championship, alot more than O'niel was riding Kobe. With Magic and Larry the driving force was clearly them. We'll find out in the next two seasons if Kobe can do it with out Shaq. The bottom line is that I htink Kobe is overrated and the next few seasons will either prove or refute my theory.

What about Shaq? If he doesnt win the title in Miami?