Author Topic: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song  (Read 1797 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2004, 02:52:40 PM »
lol, man i aint even gon bother gettin deep into this but i gotta laugh at the way some of the whites be makin replies man.......nas be racist!?!?lol!

seems like nas got cats talkin

y'all neeed to pull ya skirts up

props to nas!

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:31 PM »
Shallow: As a Latino who's had the unfortunate oppurtunity to be around a few Spaniards, I can tell you, they look at Mexicans, Hondurans, Salvaodreans, Guatemalans etc etc as trash. That's all that matters here. Whether we're lower than Blacks, to them, or not. That is beside the point. You two dudes are trying to justify your meaningless point by bringing up Latinos to me, but it's not doing anything but making both look dumb. What you wrote, that's just a huge what if. What if the Africans came over here on their own. What if Whites never existed. Blah blah blah. It's all a bunch of what if's man. I ain't trying to hear a what if. You don't know what the Mexicans would've done. For all you know, they would've freed the slaves.

7even: You've been owned. LOL @ You making a dumbass post, being called on it, and back peddling like a hoe.

This should end everything here. You two CANNOT say the comments that Nas said about Blacks, without looking racist, while Nas can. That frustrates you and now you've both got your panties tied in a bunch about it. You can't get everything in life, let this go. Nas has is opinions, you got yours, done deal.

And like I said, Spaniards looking down to Latinos is no diffferent than how Brits looked down on Americans, or how The North looked down te South. They believe they are above them and that's that.

I'm not tyring to imply a big what if, I'm trying to state that Latinos, who according to Lost Angel, look down upon darker skinned Latinos, would and probably do look down upon Blacks the same way.

I'm only going to say this once more to you, I do not care so much about the double standard that Nas can say something because he's black and I can't. If Eminem released the exact same song, and the people on this forum were defending him, I'd be against them just the same as I am Nas. I have no desire to insult or generalize blacks. I grew up in a black neighbourhood. At most 10% of my friends are white. 50% or 60% are black, and the rest are either Arab, or Asian.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2004, 02:56:09 PM »
lol, man i aint even gon bother gettin deep into this but i gotta laugh at the way some of the whites be makin replies man.......nas be racist!?!?lol!

seems like nas got cats talkin

y'all neeed to pull ya skirts up

props to nas!

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I don't even think we're really talking about Nas any more. He said nothing about Latinos. Also, I do not think Nas is a racist, but his remarks are racist. You can't doubt that. It is racist to say anyone is cooning, and it is wrong to assume things about anyone.

SGV

« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2004, 02:58:04 PM »
7even: Because that's not why you're mad... You would've let it go a while ago, I'm sure. But you carry on about it. If it was something that simple, it would've been dropped. But, you now got a vendetta.

I'm not a hoe, I really don't care what someone says about me, especially a rapper that I've never met or will meet.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2004, 03:18:21 PM »
"my revolution is born out of love for my people, not hatred for others"
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2004, 06:19:36 PM »

And if you read my post, that's what I'm talking about. I love my people, I wish things would change, I wish things like what Nas was talking about would not be an issue. But the fact is that it is. And what pisses me off is people like Shallow thinking he has all the answers. Well if you have the answers, become president of the NAACP, get on the mic, and get people to love themselves. The problem is not an easy on, and you should not assume that it is.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

And if you read my post, that's what I'm talking about. I love my people, I wish things would change, I wish things like what Nas was talking about would not be an issue. But the fact is that it is. And what pisses me off is people like Shallow thinking he has all the answers. Well if you have the answers, become president of the NAACP, get on the mic, and get people to love themselves. The problem is not an easy on, and you should not assume that it is.

What exactly did I say I had the answer to? All I said was I disagree with an approach. I gave no answer.