Author Topic: *NEW VIDEO SLIDESHOW* How The West Was One - Boston (Worcester, MA)  (Read 977 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
UPDATE (5.12.05 10.30am est):

Here is a video slideshow (with music) I made using the photos I took at the concert.  I used two tracks.  I wanted to use a "live" track from Game and one from Snoop.  I also wanted them both to be produced by Dre.  So I used "Higher" from the "sessions @ AOL" featuring 50 Cent and mixed live by DJ Quik.  For the Snoop track, I used the "Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang" performance at Farmclub.  Enjoy...

Mac users can view this the best by installing the Quicktime 7 player (free).  It uses the new H.264 codec.

Mac users download the slideshow here. (48MB)

Windows users download the slideshow here. (41MB)

---

UPDATE (5.9.05 2.30pm est): Here is a short clip during "Gin & Juice."  The crowd is rappin' the chorus with Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Soopafly, & Oowee listening onstage:

Click here.

---

I went to the show last night in Worcester, MA... about 45 minutes outside of Boston.  I had a good seat... center... about 10 rows back.  I have a lot of pictures... I'm going to post the good ones hopefully later tonight.

The show was really good (a few glitches, but the show itself was tight).  Game was good... Snoop was great... he set it off.  Kurupt & Daz were in the house.

Here is a song list.  I may be off a little:

Oowee opened the show:
Did a couple of songs then did "Why Cry" without Snoop

Game:
Starts the show off with a little prayer "...Im Ready To Die without a Reasonable Doubt / smoke Chronic and hit it Doggystyle before I go out / until they sign my Death Certificate All Eyez On Me / Im still at it, Illmatic, and that's The Documentary!"

Westside Story
Higher
Put You On The Game
Hate It Or Love It
Where I'm From

- Smokes blunt on stage and passes it to the crowd.
- Crowd asks for "Start From Scratch"... he says he needs to be drunk to do it... has a bottle of Henney brought to him... drinks about a fourth of it... brings out lo lo bike...
Start From Scratch

Dreams
- Mic problems... his mic was either turned off or it stopped working... I'm not sure if they killed his mic because of the blunt pass earlier... but he basically refused to get off the stage until they fixed his shit...

after about 20 minutes...
How We Do
- After he finished his set, he came out into the crowd and basically walked down some of the isles.  Obviously he was mobbed by all the people.  He obviously had security with him and a camera dude behind him... I got a good pic of him... you'll see later.

Game took a few subtle shots at 50 Cent and G-Unit.  Nothing direct but shit like "kick me out of G-Unit?... shit, I put in my dues!"... or something like that.  Plus, at one point, someone threw a G-Unit hat on stage and he said "Ah fuck that" and threw it back out into the crowd.

* There was a good hour between Game and Snoop... shit took forever. *

SNOOPAll the rest of the pics below.

Snoop rocked it!  Game was good, but Snoop was a hundred times better... plus he had Daz, Kurupt, Soopafly, DJ Jam, Battlecat, Uncle June Bug, The Bishop, & The Snoopadelics with him.

Snoop's set starts with a little movie "Corleone's Revenge"... where he gets set up by this chick... he escapes after blasting her...
Murder Was The Case
What's My Name?
PIMP
? (forgot)
The Bidness
I'm A Gangsta
(Kurupt & Daz only)
Deep Cover
Nuthin But A G Thang
Bitch Please

- Tribute to Biggie
- Tribute to 2Pac
Snoop's Upside Yo Head
Beautiful
Lodi Dodi

Next Episode (with the Kurupt intro... "you know who's back up in this muthafucka!")
Pump Pump <--- That shit was off the hook... the best performed track IMO
Fresh Pair Of Panties
Ain't No Fun (again... Kurupt ripped his verse... "do we look like BBD? You hoochie groupie")
Why Cry (Oowee and Snoop)
Xxplosive <--- one word: Kuruption!
Let's Get Blown (over Ying Yang's "Whisper" song)
Gin & Juice <--- I got a little video... I'll try to post that too
Drop It Like It's Hot

Damn... that's a gang of tracks!

Anyway... shit was dope... make sure to check back for the pics.

Peace.

Here are all the pics.  If they ain't loading right, click here:

^The stage when Oowee came out.

^Banner comes up and the DJ starts hyping the crowd.

^A closer look.

^The crowd... They knew all his lyrics.

^Games comes out with the red hoodie, red rag covering his face, Red Sox hat, and black wooden baseball bat.

^Crowd going crazy.

^He did Start From Scratch and Dream sitting on the bike... before he started doing Start From Scratch he said he needed to be drunk to do it because he was drunk as fuck when he wrote it and put it down.  He told a little story about how that track came about.  He said he was drunk as fuck because Billboard had just died.  He goes to the studio late at night and Dre kicks him out... tells him he's too drunk.  Game tells Dre that he can do the work, but Dre still kicks him out the studio.  Game goes to the parking lot and sits in the car and writes it out.  After a few minutes, Dre goes out and calls him back in.  And that's supposedly how that track went down.

^Throwing up the "b" onstage.

^Sitting between the monitor speakers, refusing to leave the stage until his mic was fixed.

^Finishes with How We Do

^His set ends with a bang

^Game does his "crowd walk".  Check out the fatty groupie about to eat his ass.  Fool looks scared... LOL.

^Close up... check the butterfly tattoo.  Funny how people ignore the 50 other "gangsta" tattoos he has.  BTW... that chick on the celly is the devil.

^Snoop D O Double G!

^Snoop set it off!  His performance was off the hook.  Here you can see Battlecat on the lower tables and DJ Jam on the upper tables.

^The Bishop doing his thang on stage.

^Biatch!  Daz on stage.

^Daz, Snoop, Soopafly & the Snoopadelics playing live in the back.

^Daz, Snoop, & 2Pac!... Check the lower right corner.  Dude was wearing the rag like 'Pac.  Snoop even pointed him out during his performance.  Lil' 2Pac.

^Fat ass Daz looking like a zombie from the "Crip"

^I fuckin' love this photo.  DPG reunited!  Daz, Kurupt, Soopafly

^Kurupt flowin' like a muthafucka and Soopafly is like "damn... this fool can rap."

^Kurupt wearing a shirt that says "Kurupt" accross the front and a big ass "60" on the lower right.

^Snoop controlin' the crowd.

^Kurupt is straight throwing it up!

^Snoop & Oowee - I thought Snoop quit smoking?  8)  I don't know who the guy on the right is.

^THIS IS MY FAVORITE PHOTO I TOOK THAT NIGHT.  It just looks right.  Kurupt was feelin' it.

^This is the funniest photo  ;D.  Shit just looks wrong.  It looks like Kurupt is about to tap Snoop on the ass and Daz is like "WTF?".  LOL.  Kurupt was really "walking" and the angle I caught it in makes it look bad.  But I still don't know what Daz' lazy ass is doing.

^Bringin' the "Gin & Juice" out.

^Snoop: "I can't hear you."

^Drop It Like It's Hot

^After the show... Battlecat taking down some of his equipment.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 08:02:02 AM by Ozir »

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
Re: How The West Was One - Boston (Worcester, MA) - Pics coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »
Propz on the review. Did Game and Kurupt go back and forth freestylin?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 11:20:21 AM »
damn props. sounds tight.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 11:21:48 AM »
Nah... actually after Game finished his "crowd walk" he was never seen again.

When he first came out he said he was "sicker than a muthafucka" but would do his whole set.  His voice did sound like he was kinda sick.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:30:26 AM by Ozir »

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 12:07:35 PM »
good read... good lookin out

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
dope. cant wait to see that shit

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: How The West Was One - Boston (Worcester, MA) - ***SEE THE PICS***
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 08:39:09 AM »
UP  :o

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 08:59:56 AM »
nice pics, props

'EclipZe

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 09:46:16 AM »
nice read + nice pics 8) props 2 ya dawg

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 09:56:32 AM »
nice pics man... but what the fuck was snoop wearin??  ??? his pyjamas?  ;D looks funny as hell
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »
damn daz putting on a couple pounds huh, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 10:50:49 AM »
thx a lot homie, nice read and dope pics!!BIG PROPS

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »
Cant Wait Till They Come 2 Cali

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 11:28:53 AM »
its funny cos you'll never see snoop or kurupt daz and them wearing those gang colors in a cali performance, it would like incite a gang riots. and we definitely wouldnt have that "Tales from the crip" thing in the back.. haha thats just askin for problems..