Author Topic: Spurs compared to 80's Lakers squads by...  (Read 1538 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Spurs compared to 80's Lakers squads by...
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2005, 10:13:31 AM »
"He is one of the greatest players ever. Kobe will leave his legacy on this game." - Baron Davis
"Kobe is the best all-around player in the game today at both ends of the court." - Byron Scott
"Kobe is the best player in the game." - Phil Jackson

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
"Kobe is my SG in the All-Winter coached team" - Tex Winter

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 02:34:55 PM »
"Kobe Bryant is (the best player in the NBA). When it comes to the best player in the league, I separate dominance from player. Kobe Bryant can do everything Shaq can do, but Shaq can't do everything Kobe can do. Shaq can dominate you, but Kobe can dribble, pass, shoot ... do it all. Plus Kobe comes to play every night. Shaq takes some nights off." - Ice Cube

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2005, 02:38:30 PM »
"Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe is one of the three best all-around players in the league. Personally, I think he's the best." - Sports Illustrated senior writer Jack McCallum

...I can keep going.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 02:45:28 PM »
"Kobe is the best player in the league" - Stephon Marbury.

acbaylove

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 06:03:57 AM »
Nobody lives in the past more than Lakers fans...don't expect to compete for a championship anytime soon.

The Spurs and Pistons had very low ratings because they play team ball.  They play ball the right way, unfortunately that doesn't sell tickets.   Having four Hall of Famers sells tickets.  Having a rapist sells tickets.  Having more drama on your team than Days of Our Lives sells tickets.

Go ahead dickriders...flame away.  But please, before you do, check your replies for spelling and puncuation errors.

Man the fact that you just called Kobe a "rapist" is the perfect proof that you are a Kobe hater. You have problems with Kobe and with people loving and supporting Kobe. Cause really there wasnt no need to call him a rapist, expecially after he "won" the trial and he's a free man. You should respect it. Are you a jealous man? Yes, Spurs are winning titles, but STILL people are talking about Kobe and the Lakers more than the Spurs. You are the first. Face it: Lakers rules the NBA. No matter who wins.

Are u even in America? lol. Just wondering. Youre response was a little ignorant is all. You understand the Lakers happen to be in the largest (other then NY) media market in the country? Of course the spotlight is on them. If the Knicks won only a couple championships in the last 15 years, and were slightly competitive...theyd be on tv every second. You guys seem to mistake who makes the headlines for whos the best team. Making headlines means shit. Would u rather be on the cover of the sports section in the LA Times...or be the NBA Champion? Like someone else here said, the Lakers just have a lot of bullshit drama all the time. How is that something to be proud of? They have a lot of whiners on the court, and a lot of whiners in the stands. Funny thing is, i dont even hate the Lakers lol. Their fans can be REALLY stupid with their lack of actual basketball knowledge, but i dont hate the team. Problem is, Laker fans are SO blind...that when you say something negative about the team...they think you hate the team lol. Stupid huh? If you notice, im probably the only Spurs fan in this thread. But im not the only one defending them. At the same time...whos defending the Lakers? Only Laker fans.

It's funny how you generalize Laker fans...Reminds me kind of how KKK's generalize minorities. Thank God you're not white.

or how u guys generalize anyone who doesnt suck Kobe's dick as a "Laker Hater"?

If you hate on the Lakers, which you've undeniably been doing, what does that make you...?

this is the point. you have a bunch of people who arent Laker fans. Im a Spurs fan...others on here are fans of other teams. Or like 7even, just a fan of basketball. We all share similar opinions of Kobe, but have nothing else in common. You guys, Kobe dicksuckers...all think alike on this. You dont see how its just YOU guys defending him left and right. About everything. Like i said to you before, ive admitted he's good. But not one of you clowns has ever admitted that he needs work in ANY area. If you think he's perfect, just say it...and youd cement your place as the biggest dickrider of them all. Right now, that Speak on It fag has u beat tho

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 06:09:53 AM »
"Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe is one of the three best all-around players in the league. Personally, I think he's the best." - Sports Illustrated senior writer Jack McCallum

...I can keep going.

just as anyone else could about at least 5 other players in the league. Like i said, i put up a poll after the finales where every single ESPN analyst rated Duncan as the best PF ever. you listed 2 unbiased (non laker fan, non laker related) opinions out of all of those. its not hard to find quotes of people saying things like that. unfortunately, opinions change year to year. Shit, sometimes month to month. People opinions of Kobe at the end of Shaqs championship, were a lot higher then they were at the end of his teams shitty year, and his shitty year basically. Being great for half a career doesnt do shit for u. He might be the leader of a team that squeeks into the playoffs every year, for the rest of his career. So honestly, your little quotes dont prove anything. Keep workin on your argument NIK...youll pick it up eventually.

lol@ you guys bein so blind... :stupid:

acbaylove

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 09:13:21 AM »
TeeRaySix9Teen what do you mean when you say Laker fans are biased? Spurs are the best team in the league right now, and they acquired two good role players this summer so they are even better than last year. Magic's comparision to the 80's Lakers was meant as a sign of respect to the actual Spurs, who looks as unbeatable as them Lakers. But obviously only the '80 Lakers will remain in the history of the NBA for the great quality of basketball and for their stars, it's pointless to argue it. Those Spurs are a great defensive team, who plays the best team game in the NBA (with the Pistons), and who have the most dominant player in the league (Duncan) and a lot of good players (Horry, Parker, Ginobili) and a great coach. Lakers are a rebuilding team. There's no need to compare the teams now. Oh, and Kobe is arguably the best SG in the game. It's pointless to argue about it too. Now please stop calling "us" biased Kobe dickryders.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2005, 09:21:47 AM »
I think Spurs will dominate the NBA for the next 3 years. It's just that they are such a boring team, lol.. Duncan is the by far most boring superstar I can think of in the NBA.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »
I think Spurs will dominate the NBA for the next 3 years. It's just that they are such a boring team, lol.. Duncan is the by far most boring superstar I can think of in the NBA.

He does the right thing, in the right way. He's so "European", lol.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2005, 09:31:37 AM »

He does the right thing, in the right way. He's so "European", lol.

Yes... succeeding first, showing off last.. very unamerican
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2005, 10:15:23 AM »
He ain't even American, that's why. ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 10:30:25 AM »
I do consider him American. U.S. Virgin Islands, plus he went to college there and shit..
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2005, 10:37:45 AM »
Nobody lives in the past more than Lakers fans...don't expect to compete for a championship anytime soon.

The Spurs and Pistons had very low ratings because they play team ball.  They play ball the right way, unfortunately that doesn't sell tickets.   Having four Hall of Famers sells tickets.  Having a rapist sells tickets.  Having more drama on your team than Days of Our Lives sells tickets.

Go ahead dickriders...flame away.  But please, before you do, check your replies for spelling and puncuation errors.

Man the fact that you just called Kobe a "rapist" is the perfect proof that you are a Kobe hater. You have problems with Kobe and with people loving and supporting Kobe. Cause really there wasnt no need to call him a rapist, expecially after he "won" the trial and he's a free man. You should respect it. Are you a jealous man? Yes, Spurs are winning titles, but STILL people are talking about Kobe and the Lakers more than the Spurs. You are the first. Face it: Lakers rules the NBA. No matter who wins.

Are u even in America? lol. Just wondering. Youre response was a little ignorant is all. You understand the Lakers happen to be in the largest (other then NY) media market in the country? Of course the spotlight is on them. If the Knicks won only a couple championships in the last 15 years, and were slightly competitive...theyd be on tv every second. You guys seem to mistake who makes the headlines for whos the best team. Making headlines means shit. Would u rather be on the cover of the sports section in the LA Times...or be the NBA Champion? Like someone else here said, the Lakers just have a lot of bullshit drama all the time. How is that something to be proud of? They have a lot of whiners on the court, and a lot of whiners in the stands. Funny thing is, i dont even hate the Lakers lol. Their fans can be REALLY stupid with their lack of actual basketball knowledge, but i dont hate the team. Problem is, Laker fans are SO blind...that when you say something negative about the team...they think you hate the team lol. Stupid huh? If you notice, im probably the only Spurs fan in this thread. But im not the only one defending them. At the same time...whos defending the Lakers? Only Laker fans.

It's funny how you generalize Laker fans...Reminds me kind of how KKK's generalize minorities. Thank God you're not white.

or how u guys generalize anyone who doesnt suck Kobe's dick as a "Laker Hater"?

If you hate on the Lakers, which you've undeniably been doing, what does that make you...?

this is the point. you have a bunch of people who arent Laker fans. Im a Spurs fan...others on here are fans of other teams. Or like 7even, just a fan of basketball. We all share similar opinions of Kobe, but have nothing else in common. You guys, Kobe dicksuckers...all think alike on this. You dont see how its just YOU guys defending him left and right. About everything. Like i said to you before, ive admitted he's good. But not one of you clowns has ever admitted that he needs work in ANY area. If you think he's perfect, just say it...and youd cement your place as the biggest dickrider of them all. Right now, that Speak on It fag has u beat tho

LMAO...Nobody's perfect. That doesn't mean I'm gunna start pin-pointing Kobe flaws while I'm arguing FOR Kobe and not against him. You say I'm a Kobe dickrider because I defend him and don't talk about his flaws. I know if people we're saying LeBron is an overall stronger player than Duncan you'd defend it, and I have yet to hear you mention the wrongs of Tim Duncan...You know what that makes you (according to your logic)...DUNCAN DICKRIDER!

Keep tryin', but you just keep lookin' more and more like a hater...PeACe