Author Topic: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?  (Read 982 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2005, 11:29:16 PM »
why is it americans call football (soccer) gay and all that ? when its in american football where they wear tights and stick eachothers asses in their faces ? dont mean to diss NFL, coz personally i think its kinda cool, but its pretty ignorant to call football gay and then enjoy NFL...

pS. just thought of that lookin at someones sig with hella soccer moves...

btw...as for American Football and Soccer there is a big difference. Their clothes dont really have anything to do with the argument. But if one....ONE....soccer player took a hit like a lot of linebackers deliver on almost every play in American Football, theyd be done....i mean killed. Soccer has gotten ridiculous. Players flop almost everytime a defender even breathes on them. That shit is pussy as it gets.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 11:39:10 PM »
why is it americans call football (soccer) gay and all that ? when its in american football where they wear tights and stick eachothers asses in their faces ? dont mean to diss NFL, coz personally i think its kinda cool, but its pretty ignorant to call football gay and then enjoy NFL...

btw...as for American Football and Soccer there is a big difference. Their clothes dont really have anything to do with the argument. But if one....ONE....soccer player took a hit like a lot of linebackers deliver on almost every play in American Football, theyd be done....i mean killed. Soccer has gotten ridiculous. Players flop almost everytime a defender even breathes on them. That shit is pussy as it gets.

You havent seen the real tackles and tug of wars players have in soccer.  Strenght matters too, but obvious is not on the same level as football

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
I guess no one read what I wrote. The game would be less boring if there were more attempts to score. Hockey sometimes can be the same way as soccer with it ending in a 1-0 game, but there are a lot of shots on goal. There is always those moments where the puck would be inches away from crossing the line, but then the goalie makes an incredible save. And those moments happen often. In soccer, it's a miracle if the goalie has to move more than 5 times. What's the fun in watching guys kick the ball around midfield for the majority of the game?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »
I hate soccer because its just too slow paced for me, and i hate baseball because of that reason.

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 01:49:43 AM »
What Americans hate football/soccer? We don't even give it any attention.

It's the European cats on this forum that get their panties in a bunch whenever an American calls their sport "football" and the other sport "soccer". You guys are so passionate about the sport that you can't understand why people from the US don't care for it and it angers you. I and most Americans respect your love and passion for the sport so show some respect for those of us who choose not to play/follow it.

I have no preference, both sports bore me like bitches with no personality. It's just what I've noticed. We had a huge thread about it before.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:51:22 AM by -Sikotic- »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 02:59:34 AM »

I definetly agree wit that its an absolute disgrace the way footballers fall about these days....back in the 70's n 80's it would never happen....its mainy in continental football in portugal, spain n italy tho its becoming terrible in britain 2...but if u think about it rugby is prolly the toughest sport coz u takin the same hits as nfl except u aint got no pads on.....

The Maestro

Jome

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 09:55:28 AM »
Football >>> Any other sport

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 10:23:50 AM »
Football >>> Any other sport

word!
NO MORE WAR

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »

You havent seen the real tackles and tug of wars players have in soccer.  Strenght matters too, but obvious is not on the same level as football

tug of wars? you talkin about Soccer or Rugby? what tha hell is a tug of war? Put it like this, i dont care for soccer...and a lot of Americans dont either. But i do respect the players athletisism...which a lot of Americans probably do too. You gotta be in unbelievable shape for Soccer. I dont really look at them as gay...or pussies, i just cant get INTO the sport. it isnt interesting to me. i dont think hockey players are pussies or gay...but i cant really get into that sport either. but dont discount American football. Believe me, they wear those pads and shit for a reason. if youve ever worn em, they arent comfortable at all. theyre heavier then you think...and players have died from the heat exhaution. If you could physically play the game of American Football without them...and actually live through a whole season, every player would. But without the pads...i guarentee you on every single play...youd have at LEAST one player carted off the field. And youd have at LEAST one player seriously injured (ie. paralyzed) every week.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 10:36:56 PM »
Im not discounting american football at all, all Im saying is that Soccer isnt a pussy sport.  The Tug of wars im talking about are just between players  where its two midfielders, a striker and a defender, etc etc.   Different leauges just have different styles though, some do flop more than others

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 01:10:24 AM »
soccer aint a pussy sport
i used to play soccer and there is a lot of contact that ppl just dont see like how ppl say bball is pussy cuz if u touch a guy its a foul but ppl dont really appreciate the amount of contact that goes down especially in the paint
its just that nowadays the diving and fallin around has gotten out of hand to a certain extent and that really deters the american viewers

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005, 11:39:25 AM »
i like foot-ball aka soccer maybe because i'm canadian lol it's gaining popularity here,we got our league and teams, go  Impact de Montreal lol

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »
Damn, if americans find Football boring, no wonder Cricket's never taken off over there

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »
Damn, if americans find Football boring, no wonder Cricket's never taken off over there

Im American...but honestly, America is kinda wierd about shit. Like i said, i understand not bein into Soccer. I definetely could understand not bein into Cricket lol. But....for some reason, watching Poker on tv is HUGE right now. Now that shit is boring...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2005, 02:55:04 PM »

Im American...but honestly, America is kinda wierd about shit. Like i said, i understand not bein into Soccer. I definetely could understand not bein into Cricket lol. But....for some reason, watching Poker on tv is HUGE right now. Now that shit is boring...

Yeah I don't see how watching poker could be fun. I don't even like to play it unless I'm under the influence.

But I have played cricket multiple times. One of my friend's from one of those nations where cricket is huge had a club in high school. It wasn't really my thing but it was something to do to avoid homework for a couple hours. At least in cricket the score could be 100-20.