Author Topic: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?  (Read 987 times)

coola

why do americans hate on foot-ball ?
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:48:47 AM »
why is it americans call football (soccer) gay and all that ? when its in american football where they wear tights and stick eachothers asses in their faces ? dont mean to diss NFL, coz personally i think its kinda cool, but its pretty ignorant to call football gay and then enjoy NFL...

pS. just thought of that lookin at someones sig with hella soccer moves...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
no idea...i just know NFL = BIG MONEY!...
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:54:30 AM »
I think because soccer ain't in people US cultures. Same things with Baseball and NFL  for Europeans

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »
For me, its because of those shorts. When I was like 8 and I played soccer they shorts were practically short shorts. That pretty much did it for me. :)

seriously...
From the outside looking in it's just because all they're doing is kicking a ball. I know there's a lot of strategy and skill involved in it, but from someone who hasn't grown up watching it, it just looks like some guys kicking a ball. And  I don't really think it's gay... I watched the world cup. I even travelled from San Diego, CA to Minnieapolis, MN just to watch some soccer games (and chill with the family).
So basically is just what your exposed to. US=football Canada=hockey rest of the world=soccer.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:03:09 PM »
For me, its because of those shorts. When I was like 8 and I played soccer they shorts were practically short shorts. That pretty much did it for me. :)

seriously...
From the outside looking in it's just because all they're doing is kicking a ball. I know there's a lot of strategy and skill involved in it, but from someone who hasn't grown up watching it, it just looks like some guys kicking a ball. And  I don't really think it's gay... I watched the world cup. I even travelled from San Diego, CA to Minnieapolis, MN just to watch some soccer games (and chill with the family).
So basically is just what your exposed to. US=football Canada=hockey rest of the world=soccer.

and global=basketball.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 12:06:32 PM »
I don't think soccer is gay, I just think it's incredibly boring. I know it take a lot of talent and physical endurance for them to do what they do on the field, but when the the game ends and the score is 1-0, it seems like a huge waste of an hour and a half. Plus, in America, parents use soccer as a nice gentle game where everyone gets a chance. Let's say if the score is tied, the parents and coaches encourage the kids to stop trying so everyone feels appreciated. They take the competitive nature out of it.

I even travelled from San Diego, CA to Minnieapolis, MN just to watch some soccer games (and chill with the family).

Where in Minneapolis?

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:13:26 PM »
I don't think soccer is gay, I just think it's incredibly boring. I know it take a lot of talent and physical endurance for them to do what they do on the field, but when the the game ends and the score is 1-0, it seems like a huge waste of an hour and a half. Plus, in America, parents use soccer as a nice gentle game where everyone gets a chance. Let's say if the score is tied, the parents and coaches encourage the kids to stop trying so everyone feels appreciated. They take the competitive nature out of it.

You mean soccer in the US league is boring . Watch European soccer (Spain, English, Italian leagues), it's on another level. It's like watching European B-Ball

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 12:16:04 PM »

You mean soccer in the US league is boring . Watch European soccer (Spain, English, Italian leagues), it's on another level. It's like watching European B-Ball

No, I'm talking about European soccer. I've sat down and watched it a couple times. I'm saying the moves are cool and I'm sure there is a lot of skill involved, but aside from that, it's a slow moving game. Most of the time the ball doesn't get anywhere near the goal.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 12:17:17 PM »

I even travelled from San Diego, CA to Minnieapolis, MN just to watch some soccer games (and chill with the family).

Where in Minneapolis?

Um... it was actually in St. Paul. I just stayed with my family in bloomington (suburb of minnieapolis). I have no idea where the exact location was, since my cousin did all the driving. It was an annual thing they do in a different city every year. The next one planned to be in seattle.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 12:20:41 PM »

Where in Minneapolis?

Um... it was actually in St. Paul. I just stayed with my family in bloomington (suburb of minnieapolis). I have no idea where the exact location was, since my cousin did all the driving. It was an annual thing they do in a different city every year. The next one planned to be in seattle.

Oh ok. Bloomington is about 5 miles away from where I stay at. I haven't seen anyone talk about Minneapolis here so I had to ask.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 02:25:22 PM »

seriously...
From the outside looking in it's just because all they're doing is kicking a ball. I know there's a lot of strategy and skill involved in it, but from someone who hasn't grown up watching it, it just looks like some guys kicking a ball. And  I don't really think it's gay... I watched the world cup. I even travelled from San Diego, CA to Minnieapolis, MN just to watch some soccer games (and chill with the family).

LOL i understand what you mean, but you have to look  at the other side to. For peolpe who dont know football its the same. From the outside it looks like al they are doing is trowing a ball to eachother and run like hell. But i understand what you mean because you didnt grew up with soccer. And dont forget Soccer is THE biggest  sport in the world.

But plz tell me what looks gay about this?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:29:03 PM by Mr Loco na mi bot »

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 03:00:04 PM »
Soccer is boring that's why. I high score in a sport shouldn't be 1-0 or 2-1

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 04:03:48 PM »
one of the main reasons y n.americans dislike soccer is when they fake their injuries or dive to get a call. that pisses me off when i see someone dive or just grab their thigh or some shit in excruciating pain and then when the ref calls the foul they get up like it was nothin.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 04:06:44 PM »
Soccer is boring that's why. I high score in a sport shouldn't be 1-0 or 2-1

that is a lame reason

have you got A.D.D. or something?

u gotta watch a game where the score is 106-102  or some shit like that  people scoring every 10 seconds?
NO MORE WAR

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 04:11:22 PM »

seriously...

and global=basketball.

Soccer > Basketball
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker