Author Topic: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?  (Read 986 times)

Bomb-A®

Re: why do americans hate on foot-ball ?
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2005, 07:51:25 AM »
the reason american sports are fast paced and more active is

1. they are ad-friendly....you have a commercial every time there's a time-out....they play 2 minutes and rest for three
2. there are virtually two teams....one for offence, one for defence....unlimited subs

atleast football has continuity...when ur running around for 90 mins on a ground that large you cant expect the kind of pace u get in nefl, nba, nhl

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2005, 08:02:42 AM »
Americans hate on soccer for two reasons

1. Either they're ignorant, and just hate on anything different than themselves, or

2. They've seen europeans, defending others hating on soccer, talk about how much greater international Football is than American football, so it's a defensive backlash. 

The sad truth of it is, most americans give fuck all whether or not you're playing soccer or whatever you want to do, Americans in general never even think about the rest of the world, we have our own world.  Unlike the european nations where everybody lives pretty close to another country, We don't get movies from overseas, or watch television from overseas, or play sports from overseas, or buy products from overseas, or worry about threats from overseas, or any fucking thing.  If you don't watch the news, you'd never even think about anything outside the U.S. because we've created our own world where if you WANT to be, you can be isolated from the rest of the world.  So what I'm saying is, most people don't hate on soccer, they don't even think about it or give a fuck.  We have lots of kids here who play soccer in school, nobody usually thinks about it as inferior or superior to any other sport, it's just a sport. 

P.S., before the children with no mind come on and start talking about how wrong it is to say that blah blah blah, I'm just saying the truth, I'm not passing any judgement on whether or not it's a good thing or a bad thing, i'm just saying what I see, how I see it. 

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
This is a stupid discussion. Who gives a fuck what americans think about soccer!

J Bananas

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2005, 11:46:43 AM »
This is a stupid discussion. Who gives a fuck what americans think about soccer!

THANK YOU!

Lol at all these Europeans speculating why America "doesn't like soccer" thats like asking why Europeans dont like rap, wait a minute, some do! maybe the world doesn't think alike according to their geographic location!

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2005, 12:32:41 AM »

THANK YOU!

Lol at all these Europeans speculating why America "doesn't like soccer" thats like asking why Europeans dont like rap, wait a minute, some do! maybe the world doesn't think alike according to their geographic location!

lol thats a terrible comparision..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2005, 02:53:10 AM »

THANK YOU!

that doesn't sound right for 2 reasons:

1. europeans like a lot of stuff that comes from the states, including rap - americans don't like a lot of stuff that comes from nowadays europe, quite frankly, they dont even know much about it.

2. americans would never question why europeans don't like something american, quite frankly, they don't give a shit why euros think the way they think.

ultimately, americans just dont give a shit about the rest of the world, which is why you can't put a mirror up there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2005, 03:46:46 PM »
well I know I don't watch soccer because I don't wanna get up at 4 or 5 in the morning to watch a bunch of euros kick around a ball.

We have a pro team in Vancouer (The Whitecaps), they get around 10 000 people at every game.  I have absolutley no interest in watching it.  I dunno why, just dont wanna.  But I'm a Canadian that hates hockey so what do I know.

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2005, 03:34:10 PM »
my dad played for the other pro (Might be semi pro) team, the 86ers, back in the 80's.

J Bananas

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2005, 03:37:51 PM »
Europeans need tog et over themselves, quit thinking we don't anything in your culture just because we don't adopt it!

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2005, 04:07:13 AM »
Europeans need tog et over themselves, quit thinking we don't anything in your culture just because we don't adopt it!

a sentence that makes sence please  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2005, 09:59:49 AM »

a sentence that makes sence please  8)

LMAO...