Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal  (Read 1082 times)

Mil

• dubcnn staff
  • Muthafuckin' OG
Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/

Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal - By : Mil - December 3, 2009

West coast rapper Knoc-turn’al, best known for his appearances on the multi-platinum “2001” album by Dr. Dre and his now infamous guest appearance on “Bad Intentions”, has signed a distribution deal with Hoopla Media Group/LRT/Universal for his upcoming “Knoc’s Ville” album. The negotiations have been ongoing for the past two months and the two sides recently came to an agreement and have finalized the deal.

Justin Melo, who was recently named a senior partner to the Hoopla Media Group, had the following to say: “The signing of Knoc-turn’al is a step in the right direction for the Hoopla Media Group. We are talking about an internationally known artist whose decorated resume reads only names such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, DJ Quik, Scott Storch, Eminem, Missy Elliot, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Too Short and countless other world renowned artists.

He continued: "It’s been about five and a half years since Knoc-turn’al last put out a legitimate retail project, and he has recorded hundreds of songs since “The Way I Am”; it’s time for the world to once again hear what he’s bringing to the table. We are looking forward to collaborating with Treacherous Records on the Knoc-turn’al project.”

Speaking on the signing Knoc-turn'al told Dubcnn: “First I just feel like it’s been a long time since I’ve been out. I know the fans appreciate one thing, me coming out again. I’ve re-created myself and did what I had to do to get a good distribution situation. I just believe it’s a good look and it’s about time that Knoc-turn’al fans have some more Knoc-turn’al music."

He Added: "For those who don’t know me or don’t remember me, they can go online and check me out. They will probably remember some songs of mine from when they were a little younger. This is another time coming though. I still have good relationships with everybody on the west coast, Dre, Snoop and so on. I’ve never burned a bridge. It’s not just about the west. I’ve recreated myself to make a whole new barrage of music so that I can actually appeal to the world because I am a global artist. I’ve sold music in Egypt. Thank you to Treacherous and Hoopla Media Group/LRT/ Universal for believing in me.”

Treacherous Records head of A&R Aram “Mickey” Tserounian was briefly reached for a comment and was quoted as saying: "We’re happy to finally get this project (Knoc's Ville) to Knoc's fans and the world with the help of Hoopla Media Group/Fontana. This is just the appetizer to the main course which is the "The Book Of Knoc". I think fans of Knoc and West Coast hip-hop will be pleased by this project and it will make them anticipate hearing what's next."

“Knoc’s Ville” is slated for an early first quarter 2010 release date. More specific details are coming shortly right here on Dubcnn!

Portugoal

Re: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
We all know that this will never come out as long as Treacherous Records is involved.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »
Good news but where the fuck music at for real :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
THIS is what was holding up the music -- the lack of a distributor. Now that's outta the way, it's on. Hopefully January or February and the album is out. We still gotta figure that out but it's first quarter.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
This is not related to Treacherous I think, I mean they probably had to give their stamp so the music can be released, Treacherous has different album and distiribution plans, they were promoting "Book of Knoc" , "Knocs Ville" is different material and now that he signed the deal we gonna actually see the music. Lunatic of dubcc is involved heavily in this move, he initiated the whole thing if im not wrong. Hes also a partner in that company.

Good move and congrats!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

kuruptDPG

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »
im not gettin my hopes up because this kind of thing always happens, i just hope that they will put out his album

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
Very exciting news, thanks for the official update!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »
congrats, didn't see this coming actually

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Good shit, glad to see it finally get distro. Knoc said "I’ve re-created myself and did what I had to do to get a good distribution situation.", hopefully he doesn't mean he's compromised the music in any way to get a deal?

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
Good shit, glad to see it finally get distro. Knoc said "I’ve re-created myself and did what I had to do to get a good distribution situation.", hopefully he doesn't mean he's compromised the music in any way to get a deal?
To answer your question, no new music was made to land the deal, therefore no music was compromised. The stuff he already has done is what got the deal. U know Knoc has always been a good songwriter. You'll hear a bit of a more mainstream single probably, but wasn't "bad intentions" a little more mainstream? That's what i mean. With the ability to sing hooks and change his voice, Knoc knows how to make good mainstream music.

Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:58:02 PM by Lunatic 63 »

EFFeX

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
Lunatic, is that still the official cover art for the project in your avatar? I know you've had it advertised there for a while.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
Lunatic, is that still the official cover art for the project in your avatar? I know you've had it advertised there for a while.
As far as I know and right now, that is still the official cover and will remain so. Highly doubt a change will be made.

Muhfukka

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
is this supposed to be the big announcement?

MarshColin

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
We all know that this will never come out as long as Treacherous Records is involved.

Treacherous is a fucking joke.

Randoe_El

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »
Knoc'Turnal from Wilmington!!!!!!!