Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 15032 times)

goodyoung

Re: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2022, 12:08:18 PM »
having an opinion of my own and not dickriding everyone dre cosigns is trolling? lmao.
In your case - yes
No one's opinions can that bad all the time, so yeah, it's no surprise people might assume you're trolling. It's like, at this point, it wouldn't be surprising to hear you saying that I need a doctor sounds like Nuthing but a G thang part 2 to you, cause all of your other takes were pretty much on that level of silliness.

Literally Malibu alone shits on any song Dre did with Sly or Kobe, and saying that Paak is less talented than 2 slightly above average singers is straight up wrong.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:19:35 PM by goodyoung »

Jay_J

« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2022, 11:31:44 PM »
Paak has only one problem and its that he has got no spark to be an icon, he is not charismatic or handsome or you know what i mean, no people go crazy about Paak's appereance or carachter... people who love him only love him for his talent. Paak came from bottom to here with only his talent, not because how sexy or sensetional he is or because of big marketing boost. Its very rare in music business lately.

when it comes to Sly, finally he is becoming smth, actually he began his carreer with a bad choice and it was imitating Nate Dogg...  then he started to ghostwrite Dre's verses for a while and people were not satisfied with Dre's new style of rap and lyrics... but finally on last 2 eminem albums (mtbmb and mtbmb side b) he did good jobs, both on songwriting and singing...  i was thinking he was overrated but i think he prooved himself finally and maybe ready to come out as a new aftermath artist.

Kobe... talented? yes and thats it. lots of people talented all around the world with a good god-given black voice. so what?

Sccit

« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2022, 01:07:53 AM »
Paak has only one problem and its that he has got no spark to be an icon, he is not charismatic or handsome or you know what i mean, no people go crazy about Paak's appereance or carachter... people who love him only love him for his talent. Paak came from bottom to here with only his talent, not because how sexy or sensetional he is or because of big marketing boost. Its very rare in music business lately.

when it comes to Sly, finally he is becoming smth, actually he began his carreer with a bad choice and it was imitating Nate Dogg...  then he started to ghostwrite Dre's verses for a while and people were not satisfied with Dre's new style of rap and lyrics... but finally on last 2 eminem albums (mtbmb and mtbmb side b) he did good jobs, both on songwriting and singing...  i was thinking he was overrated but i think he prooved himself finally and maybe ready to come :out as a new aftermath artist.

Kobe... talented? yes and thats it. lots of people talented all around the world with a good god-given black voice. so what?

i don’t see it.. paak is charismatic and has the it factor for sure. he’s already pretty big out here.

as for talkin bout whether he’s handsome

:pause:

jerseymike

« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2022, 06:41:04 AM »
In your case - yes
No one's opinions can that bad all the time, so yeah, it's no surprise people might assume you're trolling. It's like, at this point, it wouldn't be surprising to hear you saying that I need a doctor sounds like Nuthing but a G thang part 2 to you, cause all of your other takes were pretty much on that level of silliness.

Literally Malibu alone shits on any song Dre did with Sly or Kobe, and saying that Paak is less talented than 2 slightly above average singers is straight up wrong.
"in your case - yes" lmao. i remember saying before keep their heads ringing was garbage and people had a meltdown. i prefer creativity than just boring singing like paak does. just cuz i like a innovative/creative dr dre/dre collaborators like sly and kobe doesnt mean its trolling lmao.

mtbsm

« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2022, 07:04:04 AM »
jersey mike what is better: sex or a deadly disease?

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2022, 09:43:43 AM »
"in your case - yes" lmao. i remember saying before keep their heads ringing was garbage and people had a meltdown. i prefer creativity than just boring singing like paak does. just cuz i like a innovative/creative dr dre/dre collaborators like sly and kobe doesnt mean its trolling lmao.

Keep their heads ringin us garbage? You deserve to get your ass beat for that hot take
 :hhh:

thegooddoc

« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2022, 03:08:01 PM »
jersey mike what is better: sex or a deadly disease?

haha, sadly considering it is JerseyMike that is a valid question.

goodyoung

« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2022, 05:17:12 AM »
But it's certainly what it looks like though. Calling a guy who is literally a cheap Nate Dogg imitation a creative innovative collaborator is a perfect example of trolling. Saying that one of the most creative and acclaimed artists of the generation is "just a boring singer" is just flat out wrong. It really is just like comparing INAD to nuthing but a G thang - you're allowed to have an opinion that these tracks have the same sound to you, but objectively you still would be wrong...

Your attempts to hype Detox up with statements like these are having the opposite effect. I bet more people are now glad that Detox didn't come out, if it was gonna sound like something you would like tbh.

dnjp4life

« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2022, 04:31:12 AM »
I finally downloaded these from iTunes and gave them all a proper listen a couple of times over.  They're all OK but nothing makes me want to listen to them on repeat for days. 
They feel like tracks featuring Dr. Dre rather than his own, but I suppose Dr. Dre's music has always kind of been like that anyway. 
Also, the first thing I thought of when I heard the beginning of Gospel was that the beat sounds really similar to the last track on ScHoolboy Q's Blank Face album, Tookie Knows I think its called.

The following users thanked this post: Matty

mtbsm

« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2022, 09:22:25 AM »
I finally downloaded these from iTunes and gave them all a proper listen a couple of times over.  They're all OK but nothing makes me want to listen to them on repeat for days. 
They feel like tracks featuring Dr. Dre rather than his own, but I suppose Dr. Dre's music has always kind of been like that anyway. 
Also, the first thing I thought of when I heard the beginning of Gospel was that the beat sounds really similar to the last track on ScHoolboy Q's Blank Face album, Tookie Knows I think its called.

listen on repeat for days - i'm with you, that's the bar dre has set.

hope we get it in whatever album he may or may not drop

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »
This is a really solid EP.  ETA is by far the best song!  Loved everyone's chemistry on that song. 

The following users thanked this post: Eddz

Jay_J

« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2022, 02:34:03 AM »
This is a really solid EP.  ETA is by far the best song!  Loved everyone's chemistry on that song.

i wouldnt complain if it was a filler for Dre's solo album.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2022, 08:26:38 AM »
Something really annoying about the release of these tracks is that for some reason, Dre's marketing team -without explanation - decided not to make Gospel available for sale in hi-res while all the others are. That seems really incoherently dumb.

BIGWORM

« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2022, 11:02:48 AM »
Another ep/album that is not for me. LOL thank god I grew up to 90's hip hop.

Young Old Head

« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »
Seems like I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed the EP, lol

Cash Money Blood Gang