Author Topic: The New West...  (Read 630 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
The New West...
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:54 PM »
Out of the many new talented artists from the West Coast, who would you like to see blow up or at least get recognition outside of the West in the next year or two? Here's my list...

Bishop Lamont
Crooked I (even though he's not young & he's been in the game for a while, he still considers himself a youngin)
Mykestro
G. Malone
Scan
Jag
Ya Boy
Problem
Balance
Mr. Midas
Damani
Bad Lucc
Sly Boogy
NV

I know I missed a few but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: The New West...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:50:52 PM »
fuck sales, the west coast has the best pool of talent in the united states. look at that list for example plus/minus a few, and tell me anywhere else young blood comes closer
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:38:14 PM »
Indeed we have some great new talent, all it needs for others to take notice are fans recognising that we need to move forward not look backwards and help the spread of this new music; remember many of these new artists throw 100s of songs out for free in an effort to get their name/buzz out there; you all can help increase that...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:44:37 PM »
Indeed we have some great new talent, all it needs for others to take notice are fans recognising that we need to move forward not look backwards and help the spread of this new music; remember many of these new artists throw 100s of songs out for free in an effort to get their name/buzz out there; you all can help increase that...
^Real talk about moving forward instead of backward...it seems like more of the old talent is getting noticed like Snoop, Cube, Dre, Quik etc. instead of newer groups or artists, I'm not puttin' Snoop & them down 'cause they still put out dope or at least DECENT cuts...I'm just saying it would just be wack if the new talent put all this work out but then they don't get much recognition for it...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:18:36 AM »
The 4 to take over.
Glasses Malone
Bishop Lamont
Ya Boy
Mykestro

Indeed we have some great new talent, all it needs for others to take notice are fans recognising that we need to move forward not look backwards and help the spread of this new music
That's simple truth right there.

lbc213

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »
Frontline

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »
mistah fab

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
Ya Boy
Sly Boogy
Bishop
Eastwood

ABN

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »
i´m not gonna support most of these so called "new west" artists. coz truthfully 99% of them couldn´t come up with a dope rhyme if their life depended on it. Young Hootie,The Frontliners,Problem etc etc all got kindergarden rhymes and fuck supporting that.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 03:51:40 PM »
Crooked I
Ya Boy
Bishop Lamont
Omar Cruz

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 03:51:51 PM »
i´m not gonna support most of these so called "new west" artists. coz truthfully 99% of them couldn´t come up with a dope rhyme if their life depended on it. Young Hootie,The Frontliners,Problem etc etc all got kindergarden rhymes and fuck supporting that.

I guess you havnt heard Ya Boy spit before

ABN

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 03:54:12 PM »

I guess you havnt heard Ya Boy spit before
YB´s dope as fuck, i didn´t say all of the "new west" artists. check out the bold part in the quote

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »
Crooked I
Ya Boy
Bishop Lamont
Omar Cruz
^I knew I was forgettin' Omar Cruz, dude is sick & we need more of the brown of the New West to get some shine...

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »
I like most of the artist named in this post but when every one is talkin about the new west how come no one mentions styliztik jones? Is it because no one on this site no who he is or is it because you dont feel him?

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »
PACIFIC DIVISION is the new west. none of these other cats come close to Pac Div.