Author Topic: Bad Azz - overlooked MC?  (Read 977 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Bad Azz - overlooked MC?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
bad azz was a top 3 lyricist on the west for awhile.  sadly being lyrical on the west coast does not do much for commercial success  (just ask Crooked I, Ras Kass, Planet Asia etc and compare them to Tyga lol)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
bad azz > crooked i
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

doggfather

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
Always rated bad azz, personal business has some of my favourite west coast tracks on it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Diggfinger

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 02:25:25 AM »
Bad Azz had some decent tracks. And he was good on a lot of dpg related stuff. just had trouble holding down a whole record. Lot of rappers like that. Rage, Rbx, etc.

I see your point regarding RBX, although I find both RBX Files and No Mercy No Remorse to be VERY solid albums, with but a few skippable tracks.

i liked U Aint shit - Daz feat. Bad Azz
and that 1 he did with snoop dissing Topzilla & tha fakest :D

Which track was that?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 06:21:18 AM »
Bad Azz always been underrated, one of my favorites from DPG. It's a shame he never got any bigger. The LBC Crew would've went platinum for sure if it dropped back in 1996 and "Personal Business" should've sold more too. I like "Word On Tha Streets" more though, that's a personal classic to me. I got all of his albums except for that collabo album that dropped with Bizzy Bone. Bad Azz didn't even know that it came out, i asked him about it on Twitter when it dropped and he was askin me a link for it 'cause he had no idea that it was comin' out. He said he must've been real high when he agreed to release that album, but after that he was tellin' people to go and get it.

thats dope... how you talk to Bad Azz like that?  I need to holler at him about some stuff...
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »
Bad Azz always been underrated, one of my favorites from DPG. It's a shame he never got any bigger. The LBC Crew would've went platinum for sure if it dropped back in 1996 and "Personal Business" should've sold more too. I like "Word On Tha Streets" more though, that's a personal classic to me. I got all of his albums except for that collabo album that dropped with Bizzy Bone. Bad Azz didn't even know that it came out, i asked him about it on Twitter when it dropped and he was askin me a link for it 'cause he had no idea that it was comin' out. He said he must've been real high when he agreed to release that album, but after that he was tellin' people to go and get it.

thats dope... how you talk to Bad Azz like that?  I need to holler at him about some stuff...

I talked to him on Twitter, he usually answers back.

Diggfinger

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 02:39:57 AM »
Pimpin Young feat. Bad Azz - Can I pimp it? (video)

Bad Azz - Numero Uno (video)

Btw. did anyone check out his mix tapes "Im Back and I aint went nowhere"?
http://www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/badazz-imbaaackandwentnowhere2/

There is a track with Nate Dogg called "Sweet Pack of Lies" - any1 know it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:44:00 AM by Diggfinger »

Diggfinger

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 02:50:14 AM »
Bad Azz - Hood Stories (Prod. by XL Middleton)  8)

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:42 AM »
bad azz > crooked i

without a question!

...lol even snoop said in that interview in 2006 that crooked i is better than badazz... and the thing about that makaveli song krazy is that the outlawz had something for this but the beat was too slow for them and they passed it on badazz because badazz was more than anybody from the dpg in the studio sessions of 2pac/outlawz...they got two recording rooms dpg used one and pac/lawz..so the competion was there...

doggfather

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
bad azz > crooked i

without a question!

...lol even snoop said in that interview in 2006 that crooked i is better than badazz... and the thing about that makaveli song krazy is that the outlawz had something for this but the beat was too slow for them and they passed it on badazz because badazz was more than anybody from the dpg in the studio sessions of 2pac/outlawz...they got two recording rooms dpg used one and pac/lawz..so the competion was there...

it ain't a fact just 'cause Snoop said...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »
it's a fact because anyone with a working set of ears knows it

Okka

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 08:53:47 AM »
bad azz > crooked i

without a question!

Where did Snoop say that?

Fresh Bone

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
badazz was more than anybody from the dpg in the studio sessions of 2pac/outlawz...they got two recording rooms dpg used one and pac/lawz..so the competion was there...

I think Kurupt was with 'Pac and Tha Outlawz more than anyone out of DPG.