Author Topic: Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now  (Read 1067 times)

pappy

Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now
« on: June 13, 2004, 09:05:21 PM »
Kobe had two horrible games in a row on the biggest stage in basketball.  granted jordan has had bad games.  But i cant remember a time when jordan had 2 shitty games in a row on a stage like this.  an please dont bring up jordans last days with the wizards either.  OK im done *waits for nik to come into thread an call me a fuckin idiot*

Doggystylin

Re:Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 09:08:26 PM »
yeah we should end the comparisons, cause kobe is better.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 09:15:21 PM »
ok maybe some of you 12 year olds who never saw jordan in his pre wizards days might think that....jordan never had horrible games like that in the finals...jordan had great players defending him and still scorched them every time...when jordan scored 30 apposing teams where thrilled and it was considered an off night...and some fools think when kobe scores 30 that they can compare him...again kobe is VERY SIMILAR to PENNY HARDAWAY....just wait and see what happens when he leaves shaqs side...no more open shots and free lanes to drive to the hoop(because of shaq)...his game will drop of dramatically...i cant even believe some idiots even think this...kobe shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as mj  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 09:27:47 PM »
Kobe had two awful games I second that. God he sucked lol.
He ruined the Lakers. If he wasnt that pathetic, he would have just passed the ball to the only great Laker on the field instead of taking and missing crazy shots.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 10:12:46 PM »
Jordan never had off games in the finals? Wow, you guys must only know Jordan by the highlights you see on ESPN...Jordan HAS had off games in the finals...And look at the fuckin situation Kobe is in man...People are surprised that he's even able to play with everything that's going on...But you guys will never understand that...If you don't wanna listen to me, listen to Isaiah Thomas, who said Kobe is right up there with Jordan, and can possibly surpass him when his career is over. Isaiah Thomas KNOWS Jordan...He played against Jordan back in Jordan's glory days...And if you don't wanna listen to Isaiah, listen to a former teamate of Jordans, who said, "I've never seen someone like Kobe in the clutch" after his miraculous shot in game 2...I'm sorry, but you guys have a lot to learn...Shaq had 14 points and 7 rebounds the other night...I guess he's not one of the greatest centers of all time ::)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 10:19:46 PM »
Zeke and Jordan also hated each other, so I take anything said about Jordan out of his mouth with a grain of salt. I don't agree with the comparisons. Kobe needs to keep doing this for another 6 or 7 years before the real comparisons start.

pappy

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 10:26:39 PM »
Jordan never had off games in the finals? Wow, you guys must only know Jordan by the highlights you see on ESPN...Jordan HAS had off games in the finals...And look at the fuckin situation Kobe is in man...People are surprised that he's even able to play with everything that's going on...But you guys will never understand that...If you don't wanna listen to me, listen to Isaiah Thomas, who said Kobe is right up there with Jordan, and can possibly surpass him when his career is over. Isaiah Thomas KNOWS Jordan...He played against Jordan back in Jordan's glory days...And if you don't wanna listen to Isaiah, listen to a former teamate of Jordans, who said, "I've never seen someone like Kobe in the clutch" after his miraculous shot in game 2...I'm sorry, but you guys have a lot to learn...Shaq had 14 points and 7 rebounds the other night...I guess he's not one of the greatest centers of all time ::)

please nik dont give me that i have a lot to learn bull shit considering the fact i schooled you on b-ball countless times.  Find me a finals series where jordan had back to back shitty games like kobe did.  Jordan is the greatest player in NBA finals history.  And not to take anything away from kobe who i think is the best clutch player currently in the NBA.  An i dont kno if i should feel sorry for kobe about how hes playin with a lot of pressure on him cuz of this rape case.  for all we kno he could of araped her.  anways he bought this upon himself he should of never been fuckin around on his wife in the first place.  an who was this former team mate of jordans that said he had never seen a player like that in the clutch like kobe.  Is this the same source that said the nba has better ratings than major league baseball???

pappy

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 10:28:45 PM »
Zeke and Jordan also hated each other, so I take anything said about Jordan out of his mouth with a grain of salt. I don't agree with the comparisons. Kobe needs to keep doing this for another 6 or 7 years before the real comparisons start.

yup.  another thing.... these analyist are told to say shit like this.  To get people talking an plus the fact the NBA is still looking for that superstat like jordan.  So if you keep talkin about how great an jordan like a player is people are goin believe it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 10:36:59 PM »

please nik dont give me that i have a lot to learn bull shit considering the fact i schooled you on b-ball countless times.  Find me a finals series where jordan had back to back shitty games like kobe did.  Jordan is the greatest player in NBA finals history.  And not to take anything away from kobe who i think is the best clutch player currently in the NBA.  An i dont kno if i should feel sorry for kobe about how hes playin with a lot of pressure on him cuz of this rape case.  for all we kno he could of araped her.  anways he bought this upon himself he should of never been fuckin around on his wife in the first place.  an who was this former team mate of jordans that said he had never seen a player like that in the clutch like kobe.  Is this the same source that said the nba has better ratings than major league baseball???

You're right, you can't compare them yet, because Kobe hasn't even played half his career yet...But at the rate Kobe is going, he will MOST DEFINITELY be up there, and you can't say no...Most players would have taken the year off with all the shit Kobe has been through...This guy is simply amazing, he comes back from Colorado right before tipoff from a court case that barely ended, and scores 42 points in the game...Jordan never did that...By the end of Kobe's career, we will all be able to compare...Just watch.

teecee

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 10:38:48 PM »
How old are these fucking idiots saying Kobe is even close to as good as Jordan?  What we are seeing in the finals is that it IS Shaq who is the best Laker, Kobe has been horrible in the finals (despite hitting some very difficult shots).  

And Nik, as for Jordan having off games in the finals, just know Jordan played in six finals, got MVP six times mutherfucker!  After this series, Kobe will have played four finals and have zero finals mvps.  Is that a good enough comparsison for you or do we need to explain it better?  

True, if Kobe dominates the next three games and the Lakers do win, then and only then can you start the Kobe/Jordan comparisons.  Until then, its a bit premature.  Sure, Kobe is a GREAT player at a very young age, but he still has a long way to go.  I think he will sign elsewhere after this year and try to find HIS OWN team, where he doesnn't have to defer to Shaq.  Then we will see if Kobe can win one being the main player....

as for Isaih saying Kobe>Jordan, know that it was isaih who froze out jordan in the first all star game, and it was isaih who led his team off the court with out shaking hands when they lost to the bulls after the pistons two titles. So NIK, get your shit straight.............Nik, it is probably you who only knows of Jordna from the highlights, and that is the reason you cant comprehend how good and how clutch he was..........peace

teecee

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 10:41:47 PM »
And NIK, you just say dumber and dumber shit.  Jordan never came from a court case and scored 42 because he never raped a 19 year old girl, end of story......most people lost more respect over this case Kobe has caught, but others listen to the NBA hype machine and have become even more enthralled with Kobe.  Get your own fucking mind buddy........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 10:49:49 PM »
 an who was this former team mate of jordans that said he had never seen a player like that in the clutch like kobe.  Is this the same source that said the nba has better ratings than major league baseball???

Straight from the L.A. Times (Thursday June 10, 2004 in the Sports section):

"An NBA player called me Wednesday morning to gush about Bryant's shot in Game 2, to say he'd never seen anyone like him in the clutch. The guy was a former teamate of Michael Jordan."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 10:53:51 PM »
How old are these fucking idiots saying Kobe is even close to as good as Jordan?  What we are seeing in the finals is that it IS Shaq who is the best Laker, Kobe has been horrible in the finals (despite hitting some very difficult shots).  

And Nik, as for Jordan having off games in the finals, just know Jordan played in six finals, got MVP six times mutherfucker!  After this series, Kobe will have played four finals and have zero finals mvps.  Is that a good enough comparsison for you or do we need to explain it better?  

True, if Kobe dominates the next three games and the Lakers do win, then and only then can you start the Kobe/Jordan comparisons.  Until then, its a bit premature.  Sure, Kobe is a GREAT player at a very young age, but he still has a long way to go.  I think he will sign elsewhere after this year and try to find HIS OWN team, where he doesnn't have to defer to Shaq.  Then we will see if Kobe can win one being the main player....

as for Isaih saying Kobe>Jordan, know that it was isaih who froze out jordan in the first all star game, and it was isaih who led his team off the court with out shaking hands when they lost to the bulls after the pistons two titles. So NIK, get your shit straight.............Nik, it is probably you who only knows of Jordna from the highlights, and that is the reason you cant comprehend how good and how clutch he was..........peace

Yea, but how long did it take Jordan to get to that first ring? That's right bitch...You can call me an idiot, but then you'll just be calling 75% of NBA analysts idiots as well...If you're dismissing Kobe that quickly (before he's even halfway through his career), then I think YOU'RE the idiot... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2004, 10:55:23 PM »
And NIK, you just say dumber and dumber shit.  Jordan never came from a court case and scored 42 because he never raped a 19 year old girl, end of story......most people lost more respect over this case Kobe has caught, but others listen to the NBA hype machine and have become even more enthralled with Kobe.  Get your own fucking mind buddy........

Kobe raped her? Oh yea, I forgot, guilty until proven innocent, right? Especially when it's some dumb bitch who tried comitting suicide twice, and had sex the day after she got "raped"...Damn, how much dumber can you get.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 11:06:29 PM »
I think the title of the topic is right on point... the comparisons should stop... for now.  Until we can see all of the accomplishments that Kobe will achieve, it's not fair to compare him to somebody who is already retired.  The boy is simply amazing though... and just when you think you've seen all he can do, he comes up with something more spectacular.  Love him or hate him, you have to give him his props.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey