Author Topic: Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now  (Read 1065 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2004, 11:52:30 AM »
Kobe>>>>>>>>Duncan

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2004, 01:23:33 PM »
Kobe>>>>>>>>Duncan

How do you figure? The Spurs can't win without Duncan. The Lakers can win without Kobe.

Easier for Lakers to rebuild around Shaq, than it is to build around Kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2004, 01:54:07 PM »
Spurs can win without Shaq...The games they won against the Lakers, he didn't even score in the second half... ::)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2004, 03:31:29 PM »
Spurs can win without Shaq...The games they won against the Lakers, he didn't even score in the second half... ::)

I'm gonna let you and a couple others in on a little secret; just because a player doesn't score doesn't mean he isn't significant. I remember the '84 finals (at least I think it was '84), Lakers vs Celts. Maxwell shone like a star in the final game and Bird looked like he wasn't doing shit. The reason was the guy covering Maxwell was so worried about what Bird was doing he forgot about Maxwell. Bird's very presence was a key component to the win. The same can be said for Duncan and Shaq. I hope Shaq leaves and Kobe stays on the Lakers, cause I'll be waiting with a big "I told you so".

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2004, 03:41:34 PM »
Thing is, Duncan was like 0-10 from the field...Quit with the excuses, they're getting ridiculous...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2004, 04:09:18 PM »
The problem is the only number in the NBA that really counts has a "W" next to it. Tim Duncan wins. If he leaves that team then San Antonio will not win. I don't give a fuck how many times he scores or how many times he's on the highlight reel, as long as he's winning he's a top ball player. Fans now a days care too much about the bullshit. If the Ws are there then leave it alone. San Antonio lose Robinson and still go pretty far in the play offs, or playoffs (what ever you wish), and next year they're gonna go even further.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2004, 06:55:46 PM »
What's your point...You think if the Spurs would have replaced Duncan with Kobe, they wouldn't have gone far?...Lemme tell ya something, they would...As a matter of fact, they would go even further...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2004, 10:00:56 PM »
What's your point...You think if the Spurs would have replaced Duncan with Kobe, they wouldn't have gone far?...Lemme tell ya something, they would...As a matter of fact, they would go even further...PeACe

If San Antonio loses Duncan there goes there big man, ass hole. Kobe iis not a replacement. Now if he were to join the spurs with DDuncan still there then you'd see them go further because Duncan could use a bitch at his side like Shaq has had all these years. Remember, next year will prove it, Kobe is a numbers player but not a winner.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2004, 10:06:51 PM »
Shaq's back, but Lakers are less than invincible

BY ROBBI PICKERAL

Pioneer Press

There's a good reason why O'Neal's return at Staples Center on Nov. 22 was accompanied by the "Rocky" and "Superman" theme songs. Despite two triple-doubles and three 40-point outings from teammate Bryant, the Lakers still had their worst start in 36 years. They set a franchise record for fewest points in a game, when they scored 70 in a loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. They averaged only 89.2 points and shot only 38.7 percent without O'Neal.

Two triple doubles, and three 40 point games, and only 3 for 9. Once Shaq returned it all turned around. I wish Kobe did leave this season, Shaq would've  gotten more shots and the Lakers could have won.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 10:07:35 PM by Shallow »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2004, 12:02:54 AM »
Nothing turned around, you missed the whole point of that article...It said even though Shaq came back, the Lakers were still "less than invincible"...The whole year was bad for the Lakers in the 2002-2003 season...You obviously haven't followed them, because Shaq wasn't the only one injured last season...Now go to sleep, you piece of shit...Stop trying so hard to discredit what so many analysts have called the best player of the new millennium...As far as Kobe not being able to replace Duncan, because the Spurs need a big man, LMAO...Ever heard of the Chicago Bulls?...Damn man, you're trying too hard to sound intelligent in your posts, and it shows. 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2004, 08:23:59 AM »
The Chicago Bulls had Michael Jordan, but I guess that takes us back to square one. San Antonio was built around big men, changing everything around isn't gonna fly.

Just because you buy into the hype created by the media doesn't mean I'm going to. Let me guess Tyson's the greatest puncher of all time, right? Jay Z's the greatest rapper, correct? How about Titanic being the greatest movie in the last 15 years? Or maybe Kill Bill is the greatest work of art in the new millenium. Is Arod better than Babe Ruth?

You stupid kids pay so much attention to the new you automatically forget about the old. Kids like you think that someone playing now automatically makes him better then someone playing then. Like the human body has evolved in the past 50 years. A star is a star and a star wins. Shaq is a star, Kobe is not. Larry Bird was a star, Peirce is not. Bill Russel was a star, K.C. Jones was not.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2004, 12:42:43 PM »
Were Paul Pierce or KC Jones ever considered the next Michael Jordan, let alone the best player in the NBA? I don't think so buddy...I doubt you even watch basketball... ::)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2004, 03:45:21 PM »
Were Paul Pierce or KC Jones ever considered the next Michael Jordan, let alone the best player in the NBA? I don't think so buddy...I doubt you even watch basketball... ::)

Okay I'm going to stop arguing now because for one, you are missing the points of my posts (The media claims that he is the next Jordan because they need more stars to sell the game, and despite what you think ratings are not at their peak), and two, we are arguing what only time can prove. Next year when Kobe is alone one of us will have a big "I told you so" for the other.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2004, 04:29:04 PM »

First of all, NIK do have like a homosexual crush on Kobe because everytime someone gives you facts of how Kobe isn't that great you defend him like he's your lover or something. Not that there's anything wrong with.

If Vince Carter could at one point be considered the next Michael Jordanthan Kobe could be too because Vince and Kobe are similar in that they much rather take a bunch of stupid shots than pass the ball off to someone who's wide open.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2004, 12:06:36 AM »
LMAO@comparing Kobe to Vince...LOL, Vince doesn't play defense, that's why he'll never be the next Jordan...And I'm sorry, but no one can "give me facts of how Kobe isn't that great," because that all has to do with opinion, not facts... ::)