Author Topic: so is the 360 as dope as everyone said it was?  (Read 1083 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re: so is the 360 as dope as everyone said it was?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 12:42:08 PM »
yeah the only game that remotely interest me is Call of Duty and other than that it all seems like whatever .... and call of duty is out for the other systems so its not worth buying.... i am going to get the PS3 tho.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 12:52:52 PM »
yeah the only game that remotely interest me is Call of Duty and other than that it all seems like whatever .... and call of duty is out for the other systems so its not worth buying.... i am going to get the PS3 tho.

its a TOTALLY different game comparing the 360 version to the ps2/xbox version not just the graphics but the A.I. ,enemy and teamates seem so much more smarter,really just sick to play first WW2 game ive ever played where it feels like ur actually in the war

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 12:58:34 PM »
i only got madden and perfect dark. im low on cash, i wanted to check that condemned criminal originals shit though.

man Condemned is a crazy game,gotta play that,rated in the top 10 most violent games of 2005 too its crazy good,excellent story n everythin

COD2 is good too,mayb rent it just to see the difference between the xbox n the 360 verison

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 12:59:37 PM »
fuck it, theres no good games on it
right now i wouldnt buy it

lol u missin out ,all good tho

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 01:03:06 PM »

its a TOTALLY different game comparing the 360 version to the ps2/xbox version not just the graphics but the A.I. ,enemy and teamates seem so much more smarter,really just sick to play first WW2 game ive ever played where it feels like ur actually in the war
yeah i acctually said that cause i played the demo at target yesterday and that shit was fuckin tight the graphics are amazing.... and just the game itself was really solid for the 5 - 10 minutes that i played but there just doesnt seem much more .... 360 seems tight but not 300 dollars out of my pocket right now tight...lol... and i know im going to buy a ps3 cause im bias  ;D and i just like sony systems and games better so im just going by brand right now... unless something changes my mind....i wonder if its possible to get Rockstar to release Grand Theft Auto 4 or something with the release of the PS3 that would sell so many units and ps3's its not even funny i know i would buy a ps3 for that damn reason....

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 01:12:30 PM »

yeah i acctually said that cause i played the demo at target yesterday and that shit was fuckin tight the graphics are amazing.... and just the game itself was really solid for the 5 - 10 minutes that i played but there just doesnt seem much more .... 360 seems tight but not 300 dollars out of my pocket right now tight...lol... and i know im going to buy a ps3 cause im bias  ;D and i just like sony systems and games better so im just going by brand right now... unless something changes my mind....i wonder if its possible to get Rockstar to release Grand Theft Auto 4 or something with the release of the PS3 that would sell so many units and ps3's its not even funny i know i would buy a ps3 for that damn reason....

I dont think GTA4 would b a launch title for the ps3,it would be sick if it was, but didnt rockstar say they were gonna wait till the install base of next gen consoles is larger before releasing a next gen GTA? I dont think will see a next gen GTA till 2007, thats why there porting GTA liberty stories to the ps2 and making a new GTA PSP game

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »
The Revolution will be an actual gaming revolution  8)

Yup, the 360 doesn't look much better than the OG XBox. The only perks are that they got wireless controllers and wi-fi connection. The PS3 has potential & I'll probably cop one because I enjoy Sony's products....oh and I want the next GTA ASAP.

Revolution is gonna change shit though. I've been a hater of Nintendo since Game Cube came out too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »
GTA4 is the main reason to cop a ps3 for me! i mean i know other sick games will drop but to me, thats the main one, my ps2 had dust on it for years till san andreas dropped and then after that i even started coppin a few other games for it 2! i was saying this in another thread time back, if gta dropped with the ps3, aint no console gon be fuckin with it, but i guess that wont be happening.

speaking of xbox 360, the game that stood out the most for me was call of duty like some of y'all said, that game looked sick but the others i looked at i was like nah same ol shit, i dunno man.........whats call of duty like? the fuck it about? looked like some sick war joint

oh and whats bluray tecnology?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »
GTA4 is the main reason to cop a ps3 for me! i mean i know other sick games will drop but to me, thats the main one, my ps2 had dust on it for years till san andreas dropped and then after that i even started coppin a few other games for it 2! i was saying this in another thread time back, if gta dropped with the ps3, aint no console gon be fuckin with it, but i guess that wont be happening.

speaking of xbox 360, the game that stood out the most for me was call of duty like some of y'all said, that game looked sick but the others i looked at i was like nah same ol shit, i dunno man.........whats call of duty like? the fuck it about? looked like some sick war joint

Call of Duty 2 is a WW2 game, its pretty sick like i said before, best WW2 videogame ive played, and theres a ton of WW2 games out lol

bluray tecnology is the new shit the ps3 is gonna be using,the thing is though that a bluray drive is very expensive and thats what the ps3 is gonna be using so thats why its expected that the ps3 is gonna cost alot more

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »

all tho i like call of duty i havent played it enough to really judge it but all i know is that the medal of honor series on the PC not on the consoles is the best i have played to date.... i love mouse and keyboard FPS rather than a control much more control and stuff

Call of Duty 2 is a WW2 game, its pretty sick like i said before, best WW2 videogame ive played, and theres a ton of WW2 games out lol

bluray tecnology is the new shit the ps3 is gonna be using,the thing is though that a bluray drive is very expensive and thats what the ps3 is gonna be using so thats why its expected that the ps3 is gonna cost alot more

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »
You guys realize that the reason the 360 doesn't look much different than the OG Xbox is because the game technology hasn't caught up yet?  It takes time for game developers to step up - they are all still making games that are suitable for Xbox/PS2.  The graphics that we are seeing thus far are nothing compared to what we will see in 2,3,4,5 years on these next gen consoles.  The games were really just pushing the old Xbox to its threshold within the last year or so.

So don't base your thoughts on the 360 on the fact that the new games don't look that much better.  

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 06:17:31 AM »
You guys realize that the reason the 360 doesn't look much different than the OG Xbox is because the game technology hasn't caught up yet?  It takes time for game developers to step up - they are all still making games that are suitable for Xbox/PS2.  The graphics that we are seeing thus far are nothing compared to what we will see in 2,3,4,5 years on these next gen consoles.  The games were really just pushing the old Xbox to its threshold within the last year or so.

So don't base your thoughts on the 360 on the fact that the new games don't look that much better. 

True, true. It might have actually been too early to bring the system out, since game development is still concentrated on the older systems. Most games are gonna be compromise titles for a while - available for the old and the new Xbox, but with prettier graphics on the 360. But when you base the different versions on the same basic game, there are none of those WOW!-type of differences. Many developers want to "wrap things up" on the older system before moving on to just the new systems. For example the next Mortal Kombat will come out for the Xbox and the PS2, but not for the 360.

As far as I see it, the 360 itself is solid. The problem is the fact that there are no attractor games for it, like Halo was for the first Xbox.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 11:10:49 AM »
You guys realize that the reason the 360 doesn't look much different than the OG Xbox is because the game technology hasn't caught up yet?  It takes time for game developers to step up - they are all still making games that are suitable for Xbox/PS2.  The graphics that we are seeing thus far are nothing compared to what we will see in 2,3,4,5 years on these next gen consoles.  The games were really just pushing the old Xbox to its threshold within the last year or so.

True, true. It might have actually been too early to bring the system out, since game development is still concentrated on the older systems. Most games are gonna be compromise titles for a while - available for the old and the new Xbox, but with prettier graphics on the 360. But when you base the different versions on the same basic game, there are none of those WOW!-type of differences. Many developers want to "wrap things up" on the older system before moving on to just the new systems. For example the next Mortal Kombat will come out for the Xbox and the PS2, but not for the 360.

As far as I see it, the 360 itself is solid. The problem is the fact that there are no attractor games for it, like Halo was for the first Xbox.

yea but the ps2 had no kiler app when it first launched either,will just have to wait and see, Oblivion comes out in march,which is one of the most highly anticipated RPGs of the year, this game alone was one of the main reasons i got a 360 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »
Launch titles are soooo important, imo.  Call of Duty is without a doubt the sickest war game i've ever seen, but i don't think it was enough to make people rush out and buy a 360.  When Halo 3 drops, thats when peeps will start trippin.  I'm gonna get a 360, its just a matter of me finding one at best buy. (i have $300 in gift certificates, so i'll probably use it on that).  I will def get a PS3 as well, because everything I hear really makes me believe it will give xbox a legit run for its money.  PS2 couldn't fuck with the OG Xbox, but PS3 could be a diff story.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 06:18:41 AM »

yea but the ps2 had no kiler app when it first launched either,will just have to wait and see, Oblivion comes out in march,which is one of the most highly anticipated RPGs of the year, this game alone was one of the main reasons i got a 360 

Well maybe not right out the gate, but PS2 had Gran Turismo and GTA3 pretty early on. (If I remember correctly.)