Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 36142 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »
yes men all over this board..yall grow some balls,and stop liking shit just because....all yall sound like crack heads in need for a fix. :laugh:

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #436 on: November 18, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »
yes men all over this board..yall grow some balls,and stop liking shit just because....all yall sound like crack heads in need for a fix. :laugh:
u talkin bout this wackass song?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #437 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:59 AM »
i guess Rud saw the leak coming: he made Episcop a mod :D congrats by the way.

During an interview with Big Boy of Power 106, Dre said the song was also an unauthorized leak, but it will be a keeper nonetheless.

“It got leaked, and it was a version of it that I wasn’t really happy about,” Dre explained. “But we’re gonna go ahead and push it and put it out, since everybody seems to like it."

but a video shoot for the same track had already been scheduled this week? so where is the version that dre IS happy about? sounds like bullshit to me, dude needs to stop making excuses for things.
yeah, the song was completed in the summer.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2010, 01:57:54 AM »
Is it time for a Detox sub-forum?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2010, 02:06:01 AM »
Is it time for a Detox sub-forum?
good idea ;D

it's also a great moment for Stat Quo to leak the version of Statlanta that he was talking about in interviews :D he probably won't do it though

well after bumping this a whole load the beat is definitely the strongest part of the track. the only appealing part of the vocals is snoop's verse and the nate impression. can do without the autotune, can definitely do without wail-kon and most disappointingly, dre's verse is poor - vocals, lyrics and the silly 1, 1, 1 effect. i have to question what dre was thinking with his own verse on here, too many yes men?

idk, I love his verse. His new delivery is so much tighter than his old lazy raps. I actually enjoy hearin Dre now
examples?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:12:06 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:53 AM »
Like a lot of you I love this track but think the only things making it less then perfect are Dre's 'animated' verse and the Akon hook. I do think both are pretty essential though for the song and Detox to be a success, the music business is completely different now from  pretty much 11 years to the day when 2001 dropped. A single like Still Dre would probably not even break into the top 50 now.

He needs to attract that young money fanbase, so I understand the lil Wayne styled verse and the Akon hook, and I give credit to Dre because he hasn't really compromised his sound that much that alienates us his die hard fans. It sounds like some new shit, but still has that vintage sound.

My poor mate was at work all day when the Kush dropped and couldn't  wait to go home and listen to it, so he gets home starts playing it and his girlfriend and her sister are talking all over the tune telling him that Dre's Rubbish and that Drakes better?! This is why Akon's annoying ass voice is all over the chorus to try and win these kind of people over, and lets face it these are the people that will buy it off iTunes rather than a rapidshare link. Still, songs dope and Dre's promised the albums going to be harder, so bring on Detox  8)

Stan

« Reply #441 on: November 18, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
This is why Akon's annoying ass voice is all over the chorus to try and win these kind of people over, and lets face it these are the people that will buy it off iTunes rather than a rapidshare link. Still, songs dope and Dre's promised the albums going to be harder, so bring on Detox  8)

+1

Stan

« Reply #442 on: November 18, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
WOW  :laugh: ;D :o
Just but 256 kpbs Mp4 off of Itunes!  Is this actually happening?!  I have been checking on Detox for 10 years... fuck yea

6th person to rate it

Edit:  Actually they sell M4as... more info in the compression and the file doesn't have to be a big.  Bad ass, I have all the old death row stuff same format, shit is great.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:20:52 AM by Stan »

dameons

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #444 on: November 18, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
He needs to attract that young money fanbase, so I understand the lil Wayne styled verse and the Akon hook, and I give credit to Dre because he hasn't really compromised his sound that much that alienates us his die hard fans. It sounds like some new shit, but still has that vintage sound.
imo he did.

Suga Foot

« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »
Just saw this one on my facebox wall.  Possibly from the video shoot?  Or maybe Dre just dresses like this everyday?  lol

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #446 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »
imo he did.

lol why do you think this?

Joint has snoop on it, a nate dogg replica sound allike, a hook singer in akon (he likes them hook singers) and a vintage type of dre beat...with piano and hard hittin drums...dre always has targetted the mainstream with his music...it is a song about weed...something dres last two albums were named after...u feel alienated? lmao, i don't get it...what did you want a song about? Hating everyone, being mad? slow? hating on pop culture? something dre has always been a part of...even though im sure we'll get some of that on the album... it's as steriotyped a dre song as you could probably get and its dope too...something dre is known to do

Joints dope imo, akon does his thang, snoop kills it, dre sounds like dre, joints lively...why u feeling alienated? lol
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:02:39 AM by LyRiCaL_G »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #447 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
imo he did.

lol why do you think this?

Joint has snoop on it, a nate dogg replica sound allike, a hook singer in akon (he likes them hook singers) and a vintage type of dre beat...with piano and hard hittin drums...dre always has targetted the mainstream with his music...it is a song about weed...something dres last two albums were named after...u feel alienated? lmao, i don't get it...what did you want a song about? Hating everyone, being mad? slow? hating on pop culture? something dre has always been a part of...even though im sure we'll get some of that on the album... it's as steriotyped a dre song as you could probably get and its dope too...something dre is known to do

Joints dope imo, akon does his thang, snoop kills it, dre sounds like dre, joints lively...why u feeling alienated? lol

well i'll just quote myself:

LOL 7 pages already, i thought some of you didn't care about Detox anymore?

anyway, i think this is better than Under pressure, but it sounds like a 'hey let's make a single that sounds like the other songs on the radio' song.
also, the Nate imitation is lame & disrespectful, i guess Dre doesn't care about Nate.

i won't attack Dre on the subject matter, although i can't help but bring up the irony of the song title.

Is it me or did Dre really listen to what his fans were saying, Scrapped the Jay Z single and not only put Snoop but Nate Dogg with his signature westcoast sound + kept it somewhat radio friendly with the addition of Akon. BTW has anyone heard this on some Beats!  8) You hear all kinds of elements!
i'd say it doesn't sound like Dre's signature 'westcoast' sound.

anyway, i know opinions differ, but i find the praise for this a little weird, when looking at some of the complaints about Dre's other 'recent' work. not saying that you were complaining though.

FINALLY a new Dre track to bump in my Beats headphones
Rain, Change gonna come, So bad?

It isnt much of a dance record like people anticipated. I think this is Vintage dre, and this is what people wanted to hear, im happy with it, I know people will still hate tho!
it's not what i want to hear.
i prefer something that sounds closer to the stuff that Dre has done for other artists in the last few years.
Dre can do much better

this SHIT IS DOPE!

that piano is fucking insane.. sounds like kobe in the first part of the track, and that's definately nate dogg later on in the track..

can't wait to hear it minus the tags mastered
the piano part is alright, but Dre has much better instrumentals wich piano in it, wouldn't you agree?

I'm loving this joint, with it was Nate Dogg on the hook though, but Akon did his thing

Snoop killed it
wtf? i wonder if your comment would be different if Jay-Z was featured in stead of Snoop

oooh man, i'm excited for Detox again :D

this song is really cool. shame i've got shitty earphones though, need to burn it onto cd to appreciate it even more 8)
:eh:

what exactly is difficult to understand about that? ???
nothing, i just find it a little weird.
i respect your taste though

Akon? Kobe? Auto-Tune?

Sounds just like the rest of the commercial bubblegum pop playing in a JD sports store.

About as lyrical as a Sarah Palin speech, some basic piano keys, a hook designed for cheese-clubs where people cant even smoke.

This is for Jimmy Iovines target audience, nothing for the b-boys.

I thought Dre set hip-hop trends, now he just following.

Hopefully it's just a dud amongst an album full of bangers.
lol, well put.

anyway, i think this is better than Under pressure, but it sounds like a 'hey let's make a single that sounds like the other songs on the radio' song.
i'd say it doesn't sound like Dre's signature 'westcoast' sound.

anyway, i know opinions differ, but i find the praise for this a little weird, when looking at some of the complaints about Dre's other 'recent' work. not saying that you were complaining though.

it's not what i want to hear.
i prefer something that sounds closer to the stuff that Dre has done for other artists in the last few years.
Dre can do much better

the piano part is alright, but Dre has much better instrumentals wich piano in it, wouldn't you agree?

I agree with all the stuff you said here...

To me it's basically a Dre piano beat, but sped up a bit, some sort of club effects, and make it sound like a cross between a regular Dre piano beat crossed with any hit on the radio right now

I mean, it's way better than the stuff I hear on the radio, but to me, this is still just a jump-on-the-bandwagon thing of putting Akon on a hook, get some autotune, have a faster tempo for the club

I was hoping for something more... HipHop I guess, though it's pretty cool, it's not wack or anything, just kind of conservative.
Stuff like Flashy and Topless were better to me - harder and more HipHop
yeah and more sounding like 'Dre' ;)

by the way, beat sounds similar to Touch it by Busta Rhymes

so its the beat from the lebron beats ad! i think i preferred it in instrumental form (you could hear it real clearly if you listened closely in the ad). not a fan of akon on here...the song sounds a little messy vocal wise and empty with the beat (unfinished/unmixed?) but still very bumpable cause of the head cracking clap sounds and epic piano.

dre's verse is also not memorable and extremely short. now don't get upset detox fanboys (i'm supposed to be one of the biggest right?), just giving some serious opinion on this. also, what's with the version that's almost 4 minutes long and instrumental stuff going on at the end. anyway, i'm calling unfinished/unmixed cause as it is this a serious step down for a dre single. as a buzz track, more acceptable.
hypeman Matty strikes again

Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.
no. i know that Dre makes mainstream music & i think he's quite good at it, but this single sounds less like Dre, even though he produced it.
same counts for Under pressure & Turn me on

That's why I'm not disappointed in this song. People tend to overrate 2001 without going back and listening to the actual songs and the quality of the lyrics. Obviously this isn't on the level of a Still Dre or Forgot About Dre, but after listening to it a few times I think its better than several 2001 cuts.
well it's no secret that a lot of people on here like 2001.

Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.
no. i know that Dre makes mainstream music & i think he's quite good at it, but this single sounds less like Dre, even though he produced it.
same counts for Under pressure & Turn me on

You shouldn't be expecting something sounding like his previous work, considering he has a habit of moving on to different sounds. N.W.A didn't sound like the Chronic, the Chronic didn't sound like 2001, etc.
true.
i know he switches up from time to time, but somehow there's something different going on.
it's like he forgot his own formula. i'm not saying he shouldn't experiment, but don't forget your own identity.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #448 on: November 18, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Now im listening the 320 quality, shits bangin. I think the jonts like topless were more innovative if im being honest but this is fire. the instrumental is fire, snoop sounds amazing, dre always gets snoops vocals sounding like they unfuckable and akon kills this regardless of what some may think. Bangin'

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #449 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
I guess it's all about opinions dre-day ;-)

Thanks for the never ending message though, atleast you highlighted the parts you wanted me to read or i would have been dead reading all that lol  :o :o

Anyway this imo is much better than most of the shit dre has been doing in recent times....

INNNNHALLLEE EXHALE LOL

;-)