Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35942 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #660 on: November 25, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »
funny things goin on, 5 pages later we will probably hear that 'The Chronic' was shit

Jay_J

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #661 on: November 25, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »
funny things goin on, 5 pages later we will probably hear that 'The Chronic' was shit

lol
let's watch, first who will say "wasn't it?"

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #662 on: November 25, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »

lol

I mean, wasn't it? The Chronic album was shit, the only song that I kind of halfway liked was the intro and no one even rapped on that beat.  :P

Seriously though, it's hard to compare singles from an artist's albums, especially when they are years apart.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:32:24 AM by Larrabee »

matic92

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #663 on: November 25, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
"Kush" in the charts (first week)

Hot 100
49 NE 01 Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg & Akon, Kush

Hot Digital Songs
36 NE Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg & Akon, Kush 45,000

Video + Interscope promo = potential HIT until the next single 8)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #664 on: November 25, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »

I wonder who'll be on the next single?

If the album is coming out in February ::) the next single will have to be big for the hype, so I reckon Interscope would go for a Eminem or Jay-Z feature. (Not saying that's what I want)

Shit, it might even be feat. Drake with Lady Gaga dropping a hot 16 plus the hook...

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #665 on: November 25, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
How do u people live? With so many of pesimistic thought, im surprised that half of that forum havent commited suicides yet

Will_B

« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
How do u people live? With so many of pesimistic thought, im surprised that half of that forum havent commited suicides yet

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stan

« Reply #667 on: November 25, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »

I wonder who'll be on the next single?

If the album is coming out in February ::) the next single will have to be big for the hype, so I reckon Interscope would go for a Eminem or Jay-Z feature. (Not saying that's what I want)

Shit, it might even be feat. Drake with Lady Gaga dropping a hot 16 plus the hook...

Yea I'm gonna have to guess Eminem... maybe even 50 and Em.  If not maybe Jay-Z.  Maybe a Forgot About Dre kinda sequel; something in the same vain as "I Need a Doctor."

For marketing, they definitely gotta pull out the big guns and the smartest/easiest choice would be Eminem.   

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #668 on: November 25, 2010, 03:32:43 PM »
I will nut in my pants if the next single features Kobe and Crooked I and is co-produced by Khalil and Storch..

cant help it.. I keep wonderin whats the next move.. shiiiit.. its DETOX!

and just noticed as other dude pointed out that Kush debuted at 49 on Billboard Hot 100..

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/hot-100?begin=41&order=position

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #669 on: November 25, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
They play this on the radio here in New Zealand......... Detox is coming!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #670 on: November 26, 2010, 05:02:11 AM »
They play this on the radio here in New Zealand......... Detox is coming!
the censored version right?  :laugh:

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #671 on: November 26, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »
i have no doubt honestly, that RADIO programmers can boost a song all the way up to the #1 in the top 8 at 9pm now at all.

this song isn't radio friendly to all the jerky tight ass pants wearing people here in LA, where techno dominates and for it to just jump to #1 shows me the darker side of the world of RADIO.

The Machine can be bought, and indeed programmed, itself.

Stan

« Reply #672 on: November 26, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
i have no doubt honestly, that RADIO programmers can boost a song all the way up to the #1 in the top 8 at 9pm now at all.

this song isn't radio friendly to all the jerky tight ass pants wearing people here in LA, where techno dominates and for it to just jump to #1 shows me the darker side of the world of RADIO.

The Machine can be bought, and indeed programmed, itself.

No shit huh... did you just realize this?  They deny it and if there is no cash involved, there are other "incentives.."

Jay_J

« Reply #673 on: November 26, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »

lol

I mean, wasn't it? The Chronic album was shit, the only song that I kind of halfway liked was the intro and no one even rapped on that beat.  :P

Seriously though, it's hard to compare singles from an artist's albums, especially when they are years apart.

god! i thought it was ironi...
but if you think chronic was the shit, it is your opinion, i respect
and i don't agree... most of west coast fans agree with me i guess

god, we really finally heard someone said "chronic was shit"
now let me tell my guess... probably we will hear 2001 was the worst rap album ever..... EVER! (i didn't mean that btw)

Kush

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #674 on: November 26, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
"Kush" Gives Dr. Dre First Solo Chart Appearance Since 2000

The well-timed leak of his new single yields dividends as "Kush" sells 45,000 copies in two days.

On 2000’s “Forgot About Dre,” Dr. Dre rhymed, “Give me one more platinum plaque / and fuck Rap you can have it back.” And although it’s taken him over a decade, the legendary co-founding member of NWA is getting a headstart on that last plaque with his single “Kush.” The song has debuted at the number 48 spot on Billboard magazine’s Hot 100 chart, which ranks the country’s most popular singles based on sales and radio airplay. While Dre was credited as a producer and co-writer on Eminem’s 2009 single, “Crack A Bottle,” the debut of “Kush” marks the first time a Dr. Dre single billed as a solo effort has appeared on the Billboard charts since “The Next Episode.”

After an unmastered version of the collaboration with Snoop Dogg, Akon and newcomer Sly hit blogs and other music sites, Aftermath quickly posted a mixed and mastered version to Dr. Dre’s official site and made the single available for purchase via iTunes on November 18. Despite being released mid-week, the single sold 45,000 copies.

Various reports have stated a video to “Kush” has already been shot, with veteran music video director Joseph Kahn at the helm. While Detox has been delayed by rumored unofficial leaks, Dre maintains his Hip Hop swan song will finally be released in February of 2011.

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13136/title.kush-gives-dr-dre-first-solo-chart-appearance-since-2000